ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Length

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj0011
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Length

Post by raj0011 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:10 am

Hi, I applied Tier 1 General Dependent VIsa for my wife last month and she got the visa 2 days ago . Only concern is that she got UK Entry Clarance Stamp on passport which says that Valid from 1 Oct until 31th Oct 2015. I know she needs to collect her BRP card from UK when she arrives UK. I was expecting some letter with Visa but i did not receive any confirmation letter. we are planning to go to UK on 22nd Oct but I am worried that Immigration might have an issue because visa expires on 31Oct and there is no letter from Home office which explains that actual BRP card expires in june 2017 ( which is my, main applicants BRP expiry date ) . Looks like its a new rule .
Did some one else had same issue ?
Could any please guide me on this issue ?

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa Length

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:22 am

Unfortunately, it's correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raj0011
Newly Registered

Post by raj0011 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:29 am

hi, thanks for reply but did not get what you mean. could you please explain ? would they create issue while leaving India or reaching Uk because visa expires on 31th OCT. how can I convince them ? any number for British High commission I can call and discuss. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:46 am

It shouldn't be an issue, if she travels before it expires. But she has to be quick when applying for the BRP in the UK.

Did she put her travel date as 22 Oct 2015? If she did, then they should not have ignored it. They should have put the entry stamp as valid from 22 Oct 2015, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

raj0011
Newly Registered

Post by raj0011 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:09 am

hi, while filling application form she filled proposed date of travel was 23oct . Did this happen to anyone before ? Also I tried to call British high commission and they were not helpful at all. I did not expect this from British high commission.
thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:46 am

If she specified her travel date, then try asking them to correct it.

raj0011
Newly Registered

Post by raj0011 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:17 am

is there any number i can call and discuss . I tried one number and they did not guide anything. just said refer website and disconnected, I tried 2-3 times but they had just one answer "refer website". thanks

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:22 am

raj0011 wrote:I was expecting some letter with Visa but i did not receive any confirmation letter. we are planning to go to UK on 22nd Oct but I am worried that Immigration might have an issue because visa expires on 31Oct and there is no letter from Home office which explains that actual BRP card expires in june 2017 ( which is my, main applicants BRP expiry date )

That's how it works now. Your wife gets a 30 day visa to enter the UK. During that 30 days she enters the UK and goes to the Post Office listed to collect her Biometric Residence Permit. She must collect her BRP within 10 days of entering the UK. The Biometric Residence Permit is her visa.

Immigration know all this. Only those with a visa of 6 months plus gets a BRP and a visa of 30 days to collect it, so don't worry.

This tells you all about it.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/need-brp

If you are going to travel within that 30 days of her visa, then there is no need to query the date. If you then find you can't travel within those 30 days, you can apply for a new 30 day visa anyway.

raj0011
Newly Registered

Post by raj0011 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:25 am

thanks a lot. I did not get any letter with passport. i was worried if they have issue while immigration because I will be traveling 8 days before expiry date. Thanks again
Petaltop wrote:
raj0011 wrote:I was expecting some letter with Visa but i did not receive any confirmation letter. we are planning to go to UK on 22nd Oct but I am worried that Immigration might have an issue because visa expires on 31Oct and there is no letter from Home office which explains that actual BRP card expires in june 2017 ( which is my, main applicants BRP expiry date )

That's how it works now. Your wife gets a 30 day visa to enter the UK. During that 30 days she enters the UK and goes to the Post Office listed to collect her Biometric Residence Permit. She must collect her BRP within 10 days of entering the UK. The Biometric Residence Permit is her visa.

Immigration know all this. Only those with a visa of 6 months plus gets a BRP and a visa of 30 days to collect it, so don't worry.

This tells you all about it.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/need-brp

If you are going to travel within that 30 days of her visa, then there is no need to query the date. If you then find you can't travel within those 30 days, you can apply for a new 30 day visa anyway.
is there any number i can call and discuss . I tried one number and they did not guide anything. just said refer website and disconnected, I tried 2-3 times but they had just one answer "refer website". thanks