ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with citizenship certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mandysa
Newly Registered

Travelling with citizenship certificate

Post by mandysa » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. I sent off my ILR biometric permit along with a driver's license application and I apparently wont get this back in time before I travel next week!
My citizenship ceremony is next week though and I will have the certificate.
I have seen related posts, but can someone please verify that I can enter the UK with this certificate?
What worries me more is the departing flight - don't they usually check your visa at that counter too if you have a return flight to the UK, and will they accept this citizenship certificate? (mule opposed to border control which might not 'have a choice' so to speak...)
Thanks all - I am really panicking!

M.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling with citizenship certificate

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:39 pm

You would probably be fine if you were travelling with your ILR BRP + BC certificate. However, without proof of ILR (even though this technically no longer exists) the airline may refuse you boarding.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.