ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 (ways of applying).

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toxic-rem
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 (ways of applying).

Post by toxic-rem » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:07 pm

I do not want to return to my home country for some personal reasons. Since students can no longer switch to Tier 2 in the UK:
1. Can an agent or someone else overseas apply it for me while I am present in the UK?
or
2. By the end of my study, can I just apply for a tourist schengen visa, travel to another EU country and apply for my visa there?

fx125

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 (ways of applying).

Post by fx125 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:15 am

I do not want to return to my home country for some personal reasons. Since students can no longer switch to Tier 2 in the UK:
1. Can an agent or someone else overseas apply it for me while I am present in the UK?
or => As per my understanding, only college students are banned. If you are uni student, u still could do the switching. If it is mandatory for you to apply in your home country, you must be physically present at the application center to enroll you bio metric data.

2. By the end of my study, can I just apply for a tourist schengen visa, travel to another EU country and apply for my visa there? => No, you must apply in the country of which you have residency permit.

toxic-rem
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 (ways of applying).

Post by toxic-rem » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:23 pm

fx125 wrote:I do not want to return to my home country for some personal reasons. Since students can no longer switch to Tier 2 in the UK:
or => As per my understanding, only college students are banned. If you are uni student, u still could do the switching. If it is mandatory for you to apply in your home country, you must be physically present at the application center to enroll you bio metric data.

2. By the end of my study, can I just apply for a tourist schengen visa, travel to another EU country and apply for my visa there? => No, you must apply in the country of which you have residency permit.
Thank you, I'm relieved.

I have just noticed UKBA used the terms "university students" and "college students" separately on https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tier ... es-changes.