ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any suggestion could help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuzaaah

Any suggestion could help

Post by kuzaaah » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi guys,

I am an ACCA chartered accountant with experience and currently on tier 4 visa. How do I navigate the list of sponsors to get a firm that will sponsor me? Has anyone had luck on this previously? There are many jobs requiring my type of skill but I am restricted by the refusal of most firms to sponsor tier 4 students for work.
If anyone has got some advice or suggestion on how to go about this, I am delighted to welcome such/them.

Pls feel free to contribute as time is no friend in my pursuit to nick down a job.
The gurus in the house could be of immense help. No suggestion is useless.

Cheers guys.

noajthan

Re: Any suggestion could help

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:17 pm

kuzaaah wrote:Hi guys,

I am an ACCA chartered accountant with experience and currently on tier 4 visa. How do I navigate the list of sponsors to get a firm that will sponsor me? Has anyone had luck on this previously? There are many jobs requiring my type of skill but I am restricted by the refusal of most firms to sponsor tier 4 students for work.
If anyone has got some advice or suggestion on how to go about this, I am delighted to welcome such/them.

Pls feel free to contribute as time is no friend in my pursuit to nick down a job.
The gurus in the house could be of immense help. No suggestion is useless.

Cheers guys.
Check out buddies and former co-students, any LinkedIn contacts & similar who are already in UK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:28 pm

I believe PWC and EY are companies that are looking for that kind of talent

kuzaaah

Post by kuzaaah » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 pm

PWC and other top tier consulting firms seem to construct a ceiling when it comes to recruiting or hiring experienced professionals who are non-EU nationals. They prefer to recruit/poach candidates from companies on the same rank or has similar top notch profile like itself ..ie big four firm poaching staff from another big four or highly ranked mid tier firm.

However, I do not want to consider these issues on a negative mind set. One can never tell. Things could go the positive way. I will keep trying.

If anyone has got more information, they can share.
cheers