ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graphic Designers and Art Directors: WHY ONLY NFQ LEVEL 3?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toxic-rem
Newly Registered

Graphic Designers and Art Directors: WHY ONLY NFQ LEVEL 3?

Post by toxic-rem » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:30 pm

The position as a graphic designer does not qualify for the NFQ Level 6 requirement and I have invested many years of study in it already.

Does it mean that I can't pursue a career in the creative field (unless I develop skills in animation and web- which are considered as NFQ Level 6)?

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Graphic Designers and Art Directors: WHY ONLY NFQ LEVEL

Post by hassanh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi,

I understand your concerns and this is very unfortunate that some SOC codes do not reflect the correct NQF level.

In addition to the one you mentioned, there is Database Administrator as well that falls under NQF level 4. They just thought the database administrator is probably the data entry operator only. Database Administration is highly skilled field which requires years of education and experience.

Similarly, they have classed all sort of graphic designers in same category i.e. NQF level 3 regardless of the type of skill set required.

I am afraid if the job is not NQF level 6 or not in the shortage occupation list, you cannot be assign COS.

Regards,
Hassan