ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling off period, even if you left on your own accord?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarahginam
Newly Registered

Cooling off period, even if you left on your own accord?

Post by sarahginam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello.

I apologise if this has already been discussed.

I was in the Uk for 7 years, going on 8 when I left due to loosing my job ( to a horrible place that should never had been given a license) I left as soon as I was able. Now do I still have to be subject to the cooling off period, as it is a bit confusing. I always assumed as has others that it applies if you overstay your visa. Not if you leave legally doing everything properly. I was on a Tier 2 visa.

I actually just got my email a month ago from the UKBA telling me to leave by August, shows they where 3 months behind when I actually left.

Also I am I under the right assumption that I now loose all my immigration years, as I've been out ( or will be) out of the country for more than 6 months.

They really tie your hands.

Some clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you
Sarah

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Cooling off period, even if you left on your own accord?

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:00 pm

sarahginam wrote:Hello.

I apologise if this has already been discussed.

I was in the Uk for 7 years, going on 8 when I left due to loosing my job ( to a horrible place that should never had been given a license) I left as soon as I was able. Now do I still have to be subject to the cooling off period, as it is a bit confusing. I always assumed as has others that it applies if you overstay your visa. Not if you leave legally doing everything properly. I was on a Tier 2 visa.

I actually just got my email a month ago from the UKBA telling me to leave by August, shows they where 3 months behind when I actually left.

Also I am I under the right assumption that I now loose all my immigration years, as I've been out ( or will be) out of the country for more than 6 months.

They really tie your hands.

Some clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you
Sarah
You will have to provide more information on your visa situation. You 've said you were on Tier 2 . I doubt you had Tier 2 for full 7 years whilst you were in the UK ? If not when did you first get Tier 2 leave

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Cooling off period, even if you left on your own accord?

Post by hassanh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi,

Cooling off period starts from the date you left the UK.

Unfortunately, if you take more than 6 months to come back to UK then your previous years will not count towards ILR.

Thanks,