ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to provide absence letter for ILR on Tier 1 (G)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahul656
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Do I need to provide absence letter for ILR on Tier 1 (G

Post by rahul656 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:11 am

Hi All,

Would like to get your opinion on my case. I will be completing my 5 years in Dec,2015.

I had 120 days unpaid leave (One stretch) during the first year and around 55 paid leaves in remaining 4 years. Although the total absence is less than 180 days in all 5 years together, can i still be asked to submit the evidence of 120 days ? in I can provide the employer letter for last 55 paid holidays but i don't have any evidence for the first year absence as i was not employed during that time. I spent that time with my family in India and with my sister in Dubai.

Apart from this i meet all other criteria for the ILR.

Will there be any issue on my case? Need your honest opinion. Though i am planning to hire solicitor as well to represent my application.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi ,I m exactly in your situation,Can you plz share the absence letter format if you have any.i was outside UK for 154 days at a stretch unemployed ,but was attending interviews op through Vonage .And also to sell my car and family related matters .Hope I can get through my ILR .
Thanks

rahul656
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rahul656 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi,

Could you please let me know when is your ilr due.what documents we can submitt for the long absence?

gauravrajwanshi
Newly Registered

Post by gauravrajwanshi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:30 am

Hi Rahul,

Have you applied ILR, my case is similar like you..I have 107 days of absence in my first year in one stretch...not sure what to do?

I was on annual leave for a month and then was in other country through my UK employer only...but he is not providing any letter and no money was paid to me in UK during that time so not sure how to address this..

Also, let me know if you come across a good solicitor, most of solicitor I know are of no help till now

Many thanks
Rav

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:27 am

gauravrajwanshi wrote:Hi Rahul,

Have you applied ILR, my case is similar like you..I have 107 days of absence in my first year in one stretch...not sure what to do?

I was on annual leave for a month and then was in other country through my UK employer only...but he is not providing any letter and no money was paid to me in UK during that time so not sure how to address this..

Also, let me know if you come across a good solicitor, most of solicitor I know are of no help till now

Many thanks
Rav
If you do not break the rule regarding absences. You don't have to provide any special evidence other than the stamps on your passport pages. That's all I submitted :D