ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Luckybird

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Luckybird » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 pm

hayaahrff wrote:Quick question a friend of mine has made a small error on the online application but has submitted it and paid the fee too
will it be ok to put it down in covering letter from solicitor rather than withdrawing the application so that the fees are not lost ??
If your friend has not yet sent off the supporting documents or attended the biometrics, I'm sure you can request a refund.

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Luckybird wrote:
hayaahrff wrote:Quick question a friend of mine has made a small error on the online application but has submitted it and paid the fee too
will it be ok to put it down in covering letter from solicitor rather than withdrawing the application so that the fees are not lost ??
If your friend has not yet sent off the supporting documents or attended the biometrics, I'm sure you can request a refund.
Right ok thank you

naza733

Post by naza733 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:58 am

Luckybird wrote:
What does this mean? Can she go collect the passport?
C
CRMADMIN GLOBAL
to GWF036594706
1 hour agoDetails
Dear SHAHNILA ,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF036594706 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/8/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Celebrating 100 Million Applications!

Zainykhal

Post by Zainykhal » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:13 am

naza733 wrote:
Luckybird wrote:
C
CRMADMIN GLOBAL
to GWF036594706
1 hour agoDetails
Dear SHAHNILA ,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF036594706 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/8/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Celebrating 100 Million Applications!
Yeah she can go to collect as they take time to call you so better to go soon you receive an email from UKVI.

naza733

Post by naza733 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 am

If your friend has not yet sent off the supporting documents or attended the biometrics, I'm sure you can request a refund.[/quote]

C
CRMADMIN GLOBAL
to GWF036594706
1 hour agoDetails
Dear SHAHNILA ,

Celebrating 100 Million Applications![/quote]

Yeah she can go to collect as they take time to call you so better to go soon you receive an email from UKVI.[/quote]

Ok thank you

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:10 am

My brother did the same thing. He modified the form that you print out (VA4FA) using Adobe Acrobat Pro, and put in a covering letter that he had made some mistakes initially and what the changes were. Alhamdulillah his Visa application was granted.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

GRT.ALi
Newly Registered

Post by GRT.ALi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:42 am

Alhamdulillah with the grace of Allah . Visa has been granted after such a long wait for printing. Was was concluded on the 10th september . The printing took nearly 4 weeks . After escalating 3 times they finally printed it. Wish everyone the best. May Allah reunite you with your spouses soon. Lots of duas and ibaadat is the key. Never lose hope

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theelite16 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:52 am

Mysterious wrote:Online application: 23/7/15
Biometrics: 27/07/2015
Docs sent to sheffield and recieved on 29th July
Acknowledgement and email for envelope: 09/08/2015
update request: 05/10/2015 - yet to be assessed.
Mysterious, can I ask how you managed to send your supporting documents to Sheffield only two days after the biometrics?

I was sure that the printed out application form (which your spouse takes to the biometrics appointment) should also have been submitted with the supporting documents.

So, either somebody flew back from Pakistan immediately after the biometrics (and brought the form with them), or your spouse did an overnight courier service?

Can you advise?

Thanks

Tanveerkiani
Newly Registered

Post by Tanveerkiani » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:55 am

GRT.ALi wrote:Alhamdulillah with the grace of Allah . Visa has been granted after such a long wait for printing. Was was concluded on the 10th september . The printing took nearly 4 weeks . After escalating 3 times they finally printed it. Wish everyone the best. May Allah reunite you with your spouses soon. Lots of duas and ibaadat is the key. Never lose hope
Congratulations cn u tell me frm wat date visa has bn stamped till wat date ?

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theelite16 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:56 am

stillwaiting123 wrote:
theelite16 wrote:Salam people,

I've been keeping up with this thread for a few months and have learnt a lot (thanks to you all). I've had to register to ask a few of questions of my own.

I will Insha'Allah be completing the application for my wife by the end of this week but wanted to clarify some points if you don't mind:

1) I've read that at the end of the online application we have to print the confirmation out and give it to the Pakistani spouse to take to the bio metrics appointment. The office then signs it once the bio metrics are done. My question is, do we then have to submit the signed copy with all of our supported paperwork?

2) If so, do we have to wait for the Pakistani spouse to post it to us, or can this be a scanned/printed copy?

3) My wife did the IELTS Academic (in March 2015). There's no problem with the Academic one is there (for spouse visa purposes)?

4) My last payslip is dated 31/08/15. I'm not cutting it too thin am I? By the time I submit the application it'll be around 26 or 27 days past the last payslip.

Thank you all.
w.salam brother and welcome
hope everything goes smoothly for u...

i have answered the questions below to the best of my knowledge..

1) I've read that at the end of the online application we have to print the confirmation out and give it to the Pakistani spouse to take to the biometrics appointment. The office then signs it once the biometrics are done. My question is, do we then have to submit the signed copy with all of our supported paperwork?
what i would do is get the Pakistani spouse to print it out sign it and take it with her to the appointment i haven't heard of the office signing it? but once she has returned from the appointment she should send it to u along with any other documents e.g TB/English certificate and yes u should submit it then with all other supporting docs to Sheffield.

2) If so, do we have to wait for the Pakistani spouse to post it to us, or can this be a scanned/printed copy?
id say send it as if it is scanned and printed with signature it is not an original then is it?

3) My wife did the IELTS Academic (in March 2015). There's no problem with the Academic one is there (for spouse visa purposes)?
test looks fine and no problems heard of

4) My last payslip is dated 31/08/15. I'm not cutting it too thin am I? By the time I submit the application it'll be around 26 or 27 days past the last payslip.
and no as long as its in the 28 days time u r fine...

hope this helps
Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

GRT.ALi
Newly Registered

Post by GRT.ALi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:05 am

Visa has been granted from 28th september up until 28th october .

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:29 am

theelite16 wrote:
Mysterious, can I ask how you managed to send your supporting documents to Sheffield only two days after the biometrics?

I was sure that the printed out application form (which your spouse takes to the biometrics appointment) should also have been submitted with the supporting documents.

So, either somebody flew back from Pakistan immediately after the biometrics (and brought the form with them), or your spouse did an overnight courier service?

Can you advise?

Thanks
My husband, took a copy of the Online form with him and everything to VAC and they only took his passport and a copy of the first page of application form. As the rules had only changed in july we were unsure of procedures and as everything had to be submitted together so i sent him to VAC before his biometric as we had other issues like IHS Payment problem so he was already near the VAC so he fedex documents to me and got here in 3 working days, so by time he went to do biometrics , docs were on way to us. so i sent everything together and he included his signed application form.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:30 am

Luckybird wrote:
Mysterious wrote:Anyone who applied after 6 july and got visa granted, were your docs returned in your prepaid envelope you sent and after how long did you get documents back?

Also does spouse need TB Test to travel with so do i need to send it back to pak?
Mysterious your spouse only needs their passport with a valid visa. They will be fingerprinted at the airport to match their fingerprints with those taken at the time of their biometrics.

Have you received your documents back yet?
Thanks and nope, application hasnt even been processed according to them let alone getting any documents back directly from sheffield.

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:37 am

Mysterious wrote:
theelite16 wrote:

Can you advise?

Thanks
My husband, took a copy of the Online form with him and everything to VAC and they only took his passport and a copy of the first page of application form. As the rules had only changed in july we were unsure of procedures and as everything had to be submitted together so i sent him to VAC before his biometric as we had other issues like IHS Payment problem so he was already near the VAC so he fedex documents to me and got here in 3 working days, so by time he went to do biometrics , docs were on way to us. so i sent everything together and he included his signed application form.
Congratulations, can I ask what english exam your husband took?
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:53 am

Raymandosnr wrote:
Hi,

Our Application hasnt been processed yet, Biometric was 23rd July and when i emailed them , i just got back yet to be assessed and we are in week 11!!

But my hubby did the A1 IELTS Exam.

naza733

Post by naza733 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:05 am

GRT.ALi wrote:Visa has been granted from 28th september up until 28th october .
Is there anyway to find out before collecting the passport what has been granted until. My wife is going tomorrow to collect hers.

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:12 am

monadii wrote:
Luckybird wrote:
monadii wrote:Salam everyone
just a quick question regarding the online application. It does not ask for the sponsors actual employment details and wages, etc. Will this be at a later stage of the application or we just need to prove with the wages slips, etc?
Salaam Monadii, the sponser will need to download the Appendix 2 ( VAF 4A) Financial requirement form and complete and send to Sheffield office with last 6 months wage slips and all other supporting documents which are required.
Thanks lucky bird. ...just another query. I'm living with my brother and don't want to rent until husband gets his visa as brother wants me to save a bit of money before husbands arrival, after looking what it costs I will need every penny :roll:
if I specify that in the more info part of the form do you think that will be okay? What docs will brother need to supply as husband won't live here and I will start renting 2 weeks prior to him coming. InshahAllah.
It would make your application stronger if you could get a letter from the landlord to say thats where you will be residing when your husband comes over

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:34 am

Mysterious wrote:
Raymandosnr wrote:
Hi,

Our Application hasnt been processed yet, Biometric was 23rd July and when i emailed them , i just got back yet to be assessed and we are in week 11!!

But my hubby did the A1 IELTS Exam.
You'll only get documents back once a decision has been made ... some people requested to pick up documents with passport I'm not sure if this was before the Sheffield rule some of my friends for papers back when collecting passport
but if you've sent a prepaid envelope you should just get them sent to you
all a waiting game unfortunately

arsn04
Newly Registered

Post by arsn04 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:38 am

Slam all
Got the processed completed email today. Can anyone tell how much time it required more to Gerry to contact me.
Thanx

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:42 am

arsn04 wrote:Slam all
Got the processed completed email today. Can anyone tell how much time it required more to Gerry to contact me.
Thanx
Usually take a couple of days but some people going to collect without getting a call from Gerrys give it a couple of days and the May be just go down if you don't hear anything

arsn04
Newly Registered

Post by arsn04 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:48 am

Thanx

Luckybird

Post by Luckybird » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:32 pm

Thanks lucky bird. ...just another query. I'm living with my brother and don't want to rent until husband gets his visa as brother wants me to save a bit of money before husbands arrival, after looking what it costs I will need every penny :roll:
if I specify that in the more info part of the form do you think that will be okay? What docs will brother need to supply as husband won't live here and I will start renting 2 weeks prior to him coming. InshahAllah.[/quote]

You have to satisfy the ECO that you and your husband will have accommodation when he arrives. If where you are currently living is overcrowded then the likelihood is that they will turn down the application. If your brothers home is not overcrowded then you don't need to tell them anything about your future plans of moving out.Depending on what your brothers tenure is you can provide the relevant evidence to support your application. If the property is overcrowded I would suggest moving in with a relative who has sufficiant rooms to accommodate you and your husband when he arrives mqking sure to add yourself on the council tax as this is evident that you are living where you say you are. I don't think any landlords would provide a letter or tenancy agreement well in advance without you paying them rent, which defeats the purpose.

Luckybird

Post by Luckybird » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:49 pm

arsn04 wrote:Slam all
Thanx
Which visa application centre did you use?

Luckybird

Post by Luckybird » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:05 pm

GRT.ALi wrote:Alhamdulillah with the grace of Allah . Visa has been granted after such a long wait for printing. Was was concluded on the 10th september . The printing took nearly 4 weeks . After escalating 3 times they finally printed it. Wish everyone the best. May Allah reunite you with your spouses soon. Lots of duas and ibaadat is the key. Never lose hope
Congratulations thats really good news and your wait has finally paid off. Which visa application did you use?

arsn04
Newly Registered

Post by arsn04 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:18 pm

I used Islamabad VAC