ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Maximum time out

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spooky
Newly Registered

ILR - Maximum time out

Post by Spooky » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:12 am

Hello,
I have a 5y work permit and I am required by my company to go on a mission abroad for 6 consecutives months,
I have alerady heard I ame entitled to no more than 90 consecutive days abroad, but I was wondering if this is unaffected by the fact the travel is work related ( I would keep my london work contract/ residence )
Any thoughts on the matter ?
Thanks

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:59 am

More than 90 consecutive days would be considered a special case and would require the caseworker to evaluate, it is at their discretion wether they would accept the absence (it would help you to get a letter from your employer explaining the reasons for the trip, get the letter now and explain to the employer that you need the letter when you apply for ILR). I had many absences (none more than 90 days) and with the employer's letter the HO was happy to grant ILR.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Hi try-one, could you give the text of the letter from your employer? I might have to spend time out of the UK on my current assignment and want to make sure I have letters to cover any work trips.

Spooky
Newly Registered

Post by Spooky » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:42 am

What if i come back to the UK for a week once every 90 days ?
Would that make the situation better ?