ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

am a nigeria getting married to a british

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muyiwa333
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

am a nigeria getting married to a british

Post by muyiwa333 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is ola , i need an urgent advice from u all. Me and my finance moved down to dublin in may and ever since then she has been working here in dublin. I came with a tourist visa from nigeria and i intend going back to nigeria with her inorder to get married in nigeria. But after our marraige in nigeria ,i intend just to apply for a vist visa because i dont want to apply for spouse of EU cos its going to take longer.

I intend coming down back to ireland on a visit visa then when am in ireland then i will put in for my stay in ireland , showing them our marriage certificate and pictures of our wedding in nigeria.

But my fair now is that, what if they say why didnt i put in in Nigeria for to join wife in IRELAND. And am fraid that they migth even say i should go back to nigeria to put in for spouse of EU and to jion spouse

Pls what should i do??? :(

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:52 pm

If you've overstayed on a tourist visa the first time, I don't know how the Irish embassy is going to issue you with another tourist visa.

muyiwa333
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by muyiwa333 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi there,thanks for your urgernt reply.Have not over stayed. I just want to know maybe i should put in for a visit visa or i should just put in for to join wife which am affraid might take too long.
So what do u think i should do.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:29 pm

IF you are going to applying for a visit visa, you will need to prove you intend to return to Nigeria. Again if you have stayed for more than 3months on a visit visa, you have overstayed.

If there is a clear option of applying for a spouse visa, that's what you need to apply for.

muyiwa333
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by muyiwa333 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Thank u very much, what if they deny me of the spouse visa? What are the neccessary steps to take and how long do u think it will take to get the spouse D-visa in nigeria. And if i am being grant the D-spouse visa ,does it mean i can work as soon as i get back here.

Pls ,i really dont know how to go about this.
I will really apprecaite it if i can get an indept explanation on this.
Thank u so much.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:28 pm

All visa applications are a gamble to some extent. Your immigration history will also be considered (Akrich case).
Have a read through this post on application for D-Spouse visa.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=19441

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:12 pm

All visa applicatons take the same amount of time (6-10 weeks), so if you apply for a Tourist or D-Spouse visa, it will probably take the same amount of time.

As Archigabe has explained, you will have to prove that you have a job to return to in Nigeria if you apply for a Tourist visa, and of course the question may arise, why you are applying for a Tourist visa only and not to join your wife permanently.

If you are granted a D-Spouse visa, as the spouse of an EU citizen, upon entering Ireland you will have to apply via the EU1 applicaiton form for residency and a work permit. You will not be granted a Stamp 4 unless you can prove that you lived as husband and wife in another EU State before coming to Ireland. From your story, this is not the case, so most likely your application will be refused on this basis. You may be granted a Stamp 3 (1 year) residency Stamp which would allow you to stay but not work in Ireland. There are many other posts on this forum which discuss in details what you need to supply for a D-Spouse visa applicaiton or an EU1 application.