ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usman81

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by usman81 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:13 pm

parkrise wrote:Hi All,
I have been reading this forum for sometime. I thought HO will come back with int 6 months timeline with decision letter. But they prove wrong most of the time. Nonetheless, below is my timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 year Tier 1 + 1 year
Language criteria: Degree taught in English
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS - Lewisham
Date of application: 08/04/2015
Payment method: Debit
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees:01/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Letter Recieved: 08/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Done:09/05/2015
Date approval received : WAITING
Date of ceremony:
I received a letter from Ho
" Dear ApplicantWe aim to process all the applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within 6 month target.This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.We expect to make a decision on your application shortly, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible".
I know worrying wont help, but just want to know what they mean by "We expect to make a decision on your application shortly", were 6 months not enough. I always applied via solicitors for the Tier 1 and further extensions cause didn't wanted to wait, this one I applied through NCS myself. and everything is so simple and straightforward with my case.Has anyone got such letter and received the approval letter? and if so how much time did it take. your view and comments would be helpful PR
If you read last few pages a few others have received similar letters each of them worded slightly different. But i don't know why they would say "complex issues" in your case? Any offences, tickets etc... ?
I am no one only GOD knows the best

bay_girl2
Newly Registered

Post by bay_girl2 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Kal30 wrote:
bay_girl2 wrote:Canadian Applicant (a member of the Common Wealth)
Applied April15
Biometrics June 01
HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING!!
I asked for and received my passport back in August so I could travel with friends.
Still waiting and fuming.
Ten more days and I´m at six months.
I have same time line and I have received nothing. did you get you passport back? I also need need to travel in DEC but my passport still in HO and I don't know if I can get it back !! :cry:

There is a special request form you need to fill out but I can´t remember what the web address is. Someone on here will know or you can try ´return documen¨t form´in a search? I got mine back in three days.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:38 pm

usman81 wrote:
I have been reading this forum for sometime. I thought HO will come back with int 6 months timeline with decision letter. But they prove wrong most of the time. Nonetheless, below is my timeline
Date of ceremony:
" Dear ApplicantWe aim to process all the applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within 6 month target.This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.We expect to make a decision on your application shortly, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible".
I know worrying wont help, but just want to know what they mean by "We expect to make a decision on your application shortly", were 6 months not enough. I always applied via solicitors for the Tier 1 and further extensions cause didn't wanted to wait, this one I applied through NCS myself. and everything is so simple and straightforward with my case.Has anyone got such letter and received the approval letter? and if so how much time did it take. your view and comments would be helpful PR
If you read last few pages a few others have received similar letters each of them worded slightly different. But i don't know why they would say "complex issues" in your case? Any offences, tickets etc... ?

Just read in the March forum, someone received similar letter on 2nd october saying they couldn't process within 6 months and today they have received their approval. There is still hope I guess.

parkrise
Newly Registered

Post by parkrise » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:53 pm

@vignezh,

thanks for sharing the MArch update. Yes hopefully ours also come by next week.

Another thing is some Post 6 moth letters have time and some dont, like me "We expect to make a decision on your application shortly, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible"."

does that mean HO have infinite time to look into my case?
vignezh wrote:
usman81 wrote:
Date of ceremony:

Just read in the March forum, someone received similar letter on 2nd october saying they couldn't process within 6 months and today they have received their approval. There is still hope I guess.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:55 pm

I would like to think that they will process our application shortly i.e. sooner than 3 months.

Did you apply on your own? and did you email them or write to them asking for an update?
parkrise wrote:@vignezh,

Another thing is some Post 6 moth letters have time and some dont, like me "We expect to make a decision on your application shortly, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible"."

parkrise
Newly Registered

Post by parkrise » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:18 pm

yes Vignezh, I applied on my own via NCS.

I wrote email couple of says ago about my application. the letter i received today is Dated 3rd Oct 2015.
I called them for update and they have told they may ring me in 3 working days.

Regards
PR
vignezh wrote:I would like to think that they will process our application shortly i.e. sooner than 3 months.

Did you apply on your own? and did you email them or write to them asking for an update?
parkrise wrote:@vignezh,

syedimran83
Newly Registered

Post by syedimran83 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:39 pm

I applied on 9th Apr NCS Redbridge:

Received that stupid letter from Home office saying :

"Unfortunately they are not able to process my application within 6 months..... .." and also it says " your application raises exceptionally complex etc etc" and we expect to make a decision on your application shortly "

Not sure, what on earth HO are doing - my application is very simple 5y Tier 1 G + 1 yr ILR - was a permanent employee at an IB, now Director (contractor). never had any driving points or anything to do with police etc etc

I don't understand what is the definition of 'extremely complex situation' - sheer incompetance

usman81

Post by usman81 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:47 pm

syedimran83 wrote:I applied on 9th Apr NCS Redbridge:

Received that stupid letter from Home office saying :

"Unfortunately they are not able to process my application within 6 months..... .." and also it says " your application raises exceptionally complex etc etc" and we expect to make a decision on your application shortly "

Not sure, what on earth HO are doing - my application is very simple 5y Tier 1 G + 1 yr ILR - was a permanent employee at an IB, now Director (contractor). never had any driving points or anything to do with police etc etc

I don't understand what is the definition of 'extremely complex situation' - sheer incompetance
they are only buying more time...

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:31 pm

April thread getting dead or what ?

need to bring it up from way down the list :(

Alot of approvals still pending and HO lost interest in April application ...
Date of application Delivered (16/04/2015)
Date of Approval: 16/10/2015 dated:12/10
Date of Private Ceremony Booked: 20 / 10 / 2015

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:37 pm

mianrm wrote:April thread getting dead or what ?

I am still waiting for my approval letter. My MP told me it was approved last week but nothing in the post yet.

Called council to check if they have received anything and they said they have received my paperwork. Can't book ceremony though without the approval letter. Here is hoping it arrives this week!!
Received by HO : 02-04-2015
Fee deducted : 22-04-2015
Acknowledgment Email: 23-04-2015
Approval Letter : 10-10-2015

parkrise
Newly Registered

Post by parkrise » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Just an update,

I got a call from UKBA, with sane old story.

"we are actively looking at your application, not decision has yet made. It will be as soon as possible."

But when asked if they wanted anything as its more than 6 months, so he told me nothing wrong with app, its just the normal process. Also in case it goes beyond 6 months, they dont know when they will get it done, but they will try their best.

Has anyone got any call from UKBA like this and got their approval letter?

Regards

PR

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:46 pm

caffeine wrote:

I am still waiting for my approval letter. My MP told me it was approved last week but nothing in the post yet.

Called council to check if they have received anything and they said they have received my paperwork. Can't book ceremony though without the approval letter. Here is hoping it arrives this week!!

Congrats man, atleast you got some happy news...

My MP just said that she will let me know as soon as HO give her any update... by the way how long it took for your MP to get this news to you after your initial contact to MP for This matter?

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:49 pm

parkrise wrote:Just an update,

"we are actively looking at your application, not decision has yet made. It will be as soon as possible."

But when asked if they wanted anything as its more than 6 months, so he told me nothing wrong with app, its just the normal process. Also in case it goes beyond 6 months, they dont know when they will get it done, but they will try their best.

Regards

PR

you are really lucky one , you know ..

YOU GOT A CALL FROM HO TO TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE GOING ABOVE 6 MONTHS MARK ? WOW

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY THAT THEY CALLED AND UPDATED YOU ??

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

saqibaltaf
Newly Registered

Post by saqibaltaf » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:10 pm

FoI request for AN and MN applications submitted from Apr 1 to May 30 within 30 days, 90 days and over. They had counted over 90 days applications as pending. Starking stats.....
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 036741.pdf

Recvd and decided within April
AN - Granted - 80
AN - Refused -
AN - Rejected - 15
AN - Pending - 8760

MN - Granted - 65
MN - Refused -
MN - Rejected - 15
MN - Pending - 3335

Recvd and decided within May
AN - Granted - 10
AN - Refused -
AN - Rejected -
AN - Pending - 7815

MN - Granted - 10
MN - Refused -
MN - Rejected -
MN - Pending - 2665

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi guys I rang my mp two days ago and she send mail to home office and she said this will take ten days for reply back so don't know what will excuse they will make ...next week Wednesday will six month .....I don't see we will get approvel soon becouse now they busy with may and June approvel

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:39 pm

mianrm wrote:
caffeine wrote:

Congrats man, atleast you got some happy news...

My MP just said that she will let me know as soon as HO give her any update... by the way how long it took for your MP to get this news to you after your initial contact to MP for This matter?
Surprisingly under 10 minutes!!

Veryred30
Newly Registered

Post by Veryred30 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:33 pm

kimuinteractive wrote:Number of applicaion : 1
Eligibility criteria: Child MN1 application
Language criteria met : NA
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Basingstoke
Date of application: 01/April/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA : Waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Waiting
Date of acknowledgment: Waiting
Date of Biometrics : N/A since before 5 April 2015
Date approval received: N/A
Amritsar singh wrote:Hi guys I rang my mp two days ago and she send mail to home office and she said this will take ten days for reply back so don't know what will excuse they will make ...next week Wednesday will six month .....I don't see we will get approvel soon becouse now they busy with may and June approvel
Amritsar singh wrote:Hi guys I rang my mp two days ago and she send mail to home office and she said this will take ten days for reply back so don't know what will excuse they will make ...next week Wednesday will six month .....I don't see we will get approvel soon becouse now they busy with may and June approvel

That's great news
I appiled April 7th and hadn't heard anything back so called home office they called me saying its still in process I have lived here for 30 years came over when I was 18 months.
It's such a pain staking process.

parkrise
Newly Registered

Post by parkrise » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:21 am

I just followed what some of you guys did. Called UKBA number yesterday as it was exactly six months and they called me ones which I missed and they tried again after 30 mins that is when they told me about the delay.

number I rang is 0300 13 2253, if it helps

Regards

PR
mianrm wrote:
parkrise wrote:Just an update,

Regards

PR

you are really lucky one , you know ..

YOU GOT A CALL FROM HO TO TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE GOING ABOVE 6 MONTHS MARK ? WOW

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY THAT THEY CALLED AND UPDATED YOU ??

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

esukhpreet9
Newly Registered

Post by esukhpreet9 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:36 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier1 + 1.4 years ILR (Single applicant)
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 23/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: not sure
Date of debit or clearance of fees:21/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment:21/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: 22/06/2015
Date of Biometrics Done:26/06/2015
Date approval letter: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

Emailed HO last week, no reply yet

citizenoftheworld
Newly Registered

Post by citizenoftheworld » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Eligibility criteria:Spouse of EEA (6 years)
Language criteria (B1 test + Life in the UK)
Current nationality: Zambian
Method of application NCS
Council name if NCS used:Catford
Date of application:24.04.2015
Payment method DC
Date of receipt by UKBA:27.04.2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21.05.2015
Date of acknowledgment:27.05.15
Date of receipt by Biometric info:23.05.2015 dated 18.05.2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info:26.05.2015
All original Documentation requested by HO: 21.09.2015 (received 24.09.15) to be submitted by 05.10.2015
Date approval received:Waiting
Date of ceremony:Waiting

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi April applicants this week also over next Tuesday six month finsh so we will wait for any news about our most painful wait should be over ...but look like home office just working on may June application now thy don't care about April application .....why only sending later with excuse only April application it's mean we all April aplicant crimanl

Ch1
Newly Registered

Post by Ch1 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Application date 7 april 2015 ate of acknowledgment:1/05/2015
.after 6 months I emailed mp and she replied , I phoned the Home Office and I am very glad to say that they told me that your application has been decided and that the documents are in the process of being sent back to you, with your invitation to book a citizenship ceremony. So the case has been successfully decided only very very slightly over six months!

I hope you receive the documents back next week – the Home Office posting things is also a long-drawn out process, getting a package from the caseworker to the postroom and being logged there and then getting sent out from the postroom and taken to the post office, but at least you know it will be on its way soon.

usman81

Post by usman81 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Ch1 wrote:Application date 7 april 2015 ate of acknowledgment:1/05/2015
.after 6 months I emailed mp and she replied , I phoned the Home Office and I am very glad to say that they told me that your application has been decided and that the documents are in the process of being sent back to you, with your invitation to book a citizenship ceremony. So the case has been successfully decided only very very slightly over six months!

I hope you receive the documents back next week – the Home Office posting things is also a long-drawn out process, getting a package from the caseworker to the postroom and being logged there and then getting sent out from the postroom and taken to the post office, but at least you know it will be on its way soon.
glad to see it's at least happening for someone. I emailed my mp 12 days ago who in return confirmed that urgent representations were made to HO, no feedback since then. I guess they would wait until it reaches 6 months mark before commenting on the case.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:39 pm

My mp got back to us saying our applications will be processed shortly and cannot confirm any timeline - just like the email and letter from HO.

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:57 am

Finally received my approval today!!! Should be feeling happy but all I feel is relieved.

Eligibility criteria:
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): Exempt Country
Current nationality: NZ
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 01/04/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKVI: 02/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22/04/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 23/04/2015 (Email) 25/04/2015 (Postal)
Date approval received: 10/10/2015 (Dated 06/10/2015)
Date of ceremony: 12/10/2015