ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration health surcharge overpaid online for uk spouse v

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ipsitabiswas
Newly Registered

Immigration health surcharge overpaid online for uk spouse v

Post by ipsitabiswas » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:53 am

Hi All,

I applied for uk spouse visa online yesterday from India and made payment of visa fee as well as immigration health surcharge online as a part of the application. I was supposed to pay for me only. However I selected another option wrongly which was " Joining someone (main applicant) in Uk" and it lead me to pay 1600 pound online instead of paying the right amount of 600 pound for my 3 yrs spouse visa. If I cancel the whole application and ask for a refund, it would take more than a month to get the refund from UKBA and start with the fresh application. I cannot afford to wait for that time. I overpaid around 1000 pound to immigration health surcharge. Is there any other way I can get my money back? My visa appointment booking date in VFS is 23/10/15.

navodwickra

Re: Immigration health surcharge overpaid online for uk spou

Post by navodwickra » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:50 am

ipsitabiswas wrote:Hi All,

I applied for uk spouse visa online yesterday from India and made payment of visa fee as well as immigration health surcharge online as a part of the application. I was supposed to pay for me only. However I selected another option wrongly which was " Joining someone (main applicant) in Uk" and it lead me to pay 1600 pound online instead of paying the right amount of 600 pound for my 3 yrs spouse visa. If I cancel the whole application and ask for a refund, it would take more than a month to get the refund from UKBA and start with the fresh application. I cannot afford to wait for that time. I overpaid around 1000 pound to immigration health surcharge. Is there any other way I can get my money back? My visa appointment booking date in VFS is 23/10/15.
I am not sure how they handle payments via WorldPay but I would guess they can't do partial refunds and if they do that would make things complicated at their end. One of my mates had a similar problem and he did ask for a full refund and then booked a new appointment. It took couple for days for him to get that money back.