ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT Long Term Sponsorship Switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jazz127
Newly Registered

ICT Long Term Sponsorship Switch

Post by Jazz127 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:59 am

Hello,

I am new to this forum & was wondering if I could get some guidance on my queries regarding sponsorship.

I have a ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa ending in May 2017 with sponsorship from my current employer.I am expecting an offer from another company and would like to know if the existing sponsorship can be switched or purchased by the new company from my existing company keeping the visa valid.

If not, would my new company has to apply fresh visa & if so are there any restriction on applying ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa again?

Any guidance would be of great help.Cheers!

Thanks
Jazz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ICT Long Term Sponsorship Switch

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:06 am

You need to apply for a new Tier 2 General visa and you would likely need to complete a 12 month cooling off period outside the UK. A new sponsor within the UK would not be an inter company transfer (ICT visa) but Tier 2 General.

Companies cannot 'purchase' your existing visa. They need to be a licensed sponsor and follow the processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jazz127
Newly Registered

Post by Jazz127 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks a lot for your response,just to clarify,my current employer is Indian company & new employer aswell would be an indian company hiring me from India & deputing to work in London.Would that make any differnce? If not looks like its better to continue with the current employer.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Suggest wait for moonlight55 or one of the other mods to confirm. I am not sure about ICT to ICT applications. It would still be an application from home country I think.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:07 pm

CR001 wrote:Suggest wait for moonlight55 or one of the other mods to confirm. I am not sure about ICT to ICT applications. It would still be an application from home country I think.
Tier 2 ICT (Long Term) requires you to be employed with your company for atleast 12 months before you can make a Tier 2 ICT (LT) application through them. Like cr001 said, they are most likely to offer you a Tier 2 General visa where a 12 month cool off applies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks gag285, so whichever way, it is 12 months outside the UK basically.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jazz127
Newly Registered

Post by Jazz127 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks Both,that really helps!so its better not to mess up with my current visa I take it.Looks like I had the wrong information from some friends that,sponsorship can be switched keeping existing visa valid.
Anyways,Thanks again for your quick help.
cheers!