ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries for Spouse Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londumpster
Newly Registered

Queries for Spouse Naturalisation

Post by londumpster » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for naturalisation for my wife under the 3 years spouse of British Citizen category. I had a few questions I need some guidance on.

1) Details of Employment - I am self-employed IT professional and run a LTD company since March this year and my wife is listed as Director of the company and draws a salary and dividend. She doesnt have any other job. What do I put down as the Occupation and
Under Are you Are you: An employee? A business partner? Self-employed? A director? - What do I need to select for her?

2)Address for past 5 years - Shes only been here for 3 years. Do I need to provide address for 3 years in UK or 5 years which will include address in India as well?

3) For English language requirement - She has NARIC Certificate saying that her degree is equivalent to UK Bachelors and letter from University that states the medium of instruction is English. Does this meet the requirements?

4) Biometric Residence Permit - Along with her ILR she received the Residence Permit Card. Is this the details they are asking for and does she need to submit it along with her application?

Looking to apply through the NCS in the coming week.

Thanks and appreciate your assistance.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Queries for Spouse Naturalisation

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:01 pm

londumpster wrote:Hi All,

I will be applying for naturalisation for my wife under the 3 years spouse of British Citizen category. I had a few questions I need some guidance on.

1) Details of Employment - I am self-employed IT professional and run a LTD company since March this year and my wife is listed as Director of the company and draws a salary and dividend. She doesnt have any other job. What do I put down as the Occupation and
Under Are you Are you: An employee? A business partner? Self-employed? A director? - What do I need to select for her?

A Director

2)Address for past 5 years - Shes only been here for 3 years. Do I need to provide address for 3 years in UK or 5 years which will include address in India as well?

When I went to NCS, she told me and my husband only 3 year past address is required since applying under 3 year rule.

3) For English language requirement - She has NARIC Certificate saying that her degree is equivalent to UK Bachelors and letter from University that states the medium of instruction is English. Does this meet the requirements?

That should be fine!

4) Biometric Residence Permit - Along with her ILR she received the Residence Permit Card. Is this the details they are asking for and does she need to submit it along with her application?

If you use NCS then they will certify copy it and give u the original BRP back. If you apply by yourself you have to send the BRP too but if you do this, make sure you keep copies of it.

Looking to apply through the NCS in the coming week.

Thanks and appreciate your assistance.

londumpster
Newly Registered

Post by londumpster » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:50 am

Under Occupation - What do I need to put down?

Also as Director, do I need to provide any further documentation. We dont have any self-assessments or filing for accounts as it been only 6 months since the company started.

Thanks.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:56 am

Her official occupation is a Director so put Director..and since Your wife is applying as spouse of BC under 3 year rule so no, she only needs her proof of degree, life in the uk test , her passport, your passport, marriage certificate ( with translation of its not in English)

londumpster
Newly Registered

Post by londumpster » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks for the prompt response.

So Under Occupation, can I just enter Housewife?

Select "Director" under Are you Are you: An employee? A business partner? Self-employed? A director?

Do I need to provide Name and Address of out Limited Company?
Also is it correct that I dont need to provide any further documentation on the business?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:02 am

I'm confused. are you applying solely for her or for you too??

If it's just for her then she's a director as occupation, and give the business address where it asks...so she's not a housewife!

When applying under 3 year rule everything is so simplified.
I told you what documents you willneed.
Where it asks for Tax Office reference you can get this from your accountant if you have one or HMRC themselves.
Last edited by chocolateorange88 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

londumpster
Newly Registered

Post by londumpster » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:05 am

Solely for her

I am a little unsure what I need to put down as shes listed as Director of my company and is a housewife. As I will be providing her NI number, dont want any complications with HMRC checks if at all Home Office does those.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am

You said she's getting a salary from it so you need to put her down as director and not housewife as she's classed as working!

And Yes they do searches from HMRC

londumpster
Newly Registered

Post by londumpster » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:28 pm

That makes sense, thanks.

So I will put Occupation down as "Administration Assistant" as she helps with my company activities.

List as Director and I will provide address of my company.

Regards