ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP-SET O - FILLING

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

URGENT HELP-SET O - FILLING

Post by rpsarangi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:54 am

Hi members
I need an urgent help while filling the form SET O..
Refering to Section 6 Immigration history

6.1-When did the main applicant first enter the UK? This refers to the date of first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which the application is based.

Confusion:( because it says the word on which the application is based which is I think the ILR is based on the 5 years of Tier 1 )
If I entered UK in 2008 but my Tier 1 started at 2010. And then in 2011 I did go to home country .
so should I enter the date when I entered UK in 2008 or the date when I am back to the UK after I was granted Tier 1 which is in 2011, ??

After that I have 1 more doubt if I am answering that considering the option 2 ::2010 after I Tier 1 was granted , should that date would be the date I was granted tier 1 or the date I was back from home country in 2011 after the Tier 1 was granted.

6.2 Since then have you had an absence from UK. If yes give the dates you entered and left UK and the reason for your absence in space provided. List all the absence hover ever short and in date order.

Confusion: So should I give all the dates I left UK and back in UK since 2008 or Just the dates I left and back in UK since I was granted Tier 1 from 2010.

Please help , its urgent as I need to do it by tomorrow.
thanks
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Re: urgent help SETO -Application form filling

Post by rpsarangi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:10 am

Members / seniors/ moderator.. please help me .. I need to send my application asap.
please tell me what to fill?
thank you

Romeo007
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Romeo007 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:58 am

I think it refers to the start of the Tier 1 General ,because thats where this application is based.

And absence period again covers the whole 5 yrs period of Tier 1 General ,if you have left the county for leisure ,official purposes you might wanna give evidence for that. The whole purpose of the above question is to check whether you have lived in this country without exceeding 180 days of continuous absence period.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 am

Thank you for the reply
Basing on that's understand I know what to answer the 6.2 part of that question , after the tier 1 was granted the period of absence I will fill .

What about the 6.1 question , what should I fill in that as I was in UK when I applied for the Tier 1 . So is the date when I was back to UK after I was granted Tier 1 and went home and came back or the date when the Tier 1 was granted

afzalfinance

Post by afzalfinance » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:04 am

rpsarangi wrote:Thank you for the reply
Basing on that's understand I know what to answer the 6.2 part of that question , after the tier 1 was granted the period of absence I will fill .

What about the 6.1 question , what should I fill in that as I was in UK when I applied for the Tier 1 . So is the date when I was back to UK after I was granted Tier 1 and went home and came back or the date when the Tier 1 was granted
In my case i have given the date of 2007 when i cam here as student and given all the absence period. in and out dates from UK. They do mistakes in their forms and do correct it accordingly when they realize at some point. They cant punish an applicant for their mistakes.
In the application form they ask for any home office previous reference and once they have it they have access to your all previous visa. but anyway what you have given cant be matter of dispute as you and me both are giving information to the best of our knowledge. the mistake is in their form
God help those who help themselves

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:47 am

@afzalfinance
Thank you for the reply . Appreciate it .
Thanks