ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get the education plus experience Points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahidpk
Newly Registered

Can I get the education plus experience Points

Post by shahidpk » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:04 am

Dear All
Can any one please tell me whether I will get the degree and experience points. I did my BA in 1996 and than I did one year PGD in computer science in 1997. After PGD I got job in Software House as Junior Programmer and since than I am working in the IT industry. In 2003 in did MSc Computer Science in evening classes. At present I am working as Project Manager in a software house. I was going to apply for HSMP as I have the required experience and pay also but one of my friends told me that I will not get the points of experience as my experience is not after a graduate level degree. He says HSMP team will consider only the experience after my masters degree. My profile is as under:

Qualifications:
BA -1996 (Punjab University, Lahore)
Post Gradute Diploma in Computer Sciences
MSc Computer Science - 2003 (Punjab University, Lahore)

Experience:
From 1998 to present including 2 and half year experience as Project Manger.

Thanx

axer
Newly Registered

From HSMP leaflet

Post by axer » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:16 pm

Graduate level work experience would normally be a role within a company or institution that would require you to
have a minimum educational standard of a UK first-degree level qualification or equivalent. You do not necessarily
have to hold a degree
but the post held would normally require one.

That's it ?

shahidpk
Newly Registered

Post by shahidpk » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:50 pm

Thanx a lot axer

NadeemS
Newly Registered

Post by NadeemS » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:42 pm

Shahid,

The points for your degree are suspected. Points for the graduation require 16 years of education. Education taken after Intermediate (or A-Levels) needs to have NARIC’s comparability certification. You may present your case, but points would not be guaranteed.

Axer is very right in saying that to qualify for the points for graduate level work experience, holding a degree is not a must requirement. However, it would strongly help that if the employer narrate in experience letter that the held position requires graduate level knowledge and skills.

Good Luck

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:45 pm

I have the similar situation with my work experience, part of it was during the period I studied at the university.

In the reference letter from that company I have note "full time” ...

Hope it will work, as it worked for Australian assessment centre.

shahidpk
Newly Registered

Post by shahidpk » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:08 am

Thanx Nadeem and axer for such a detailed reply. I will try for it and see what they decide. I think its the only way to find it out.