ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions about application. thanks for helping :)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Agusya
Newly Registered

Few questions about application. thanks for helping :)

Post by Agusya » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:58 pm

1. Can I use tepex?
2. UK knowledge test - Ive read that it doesnt expire but pretty sure was told at the time of taking it, that its valid for 2 years. It does or doesnt expire? it will be 2 years in October and not sure how they would count the date - me applying or them getting into checking my application
3. point 1.3 in application : when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain - what is it? is this the blueish card with photo , residence documentation ?
4. what is address of tax office or tax office ref? is this employer PAYE ref from p60?
5. what if I dont remember exact dates of my holidays? is it ok to make it up? there is no way of me finding out.
6. what documentation to send with application if Im member of EEA ? just passport, life in UK, english exam document, Section 3 - passport only? permanent residence card? what is that? it says you can give EHIC card instead? Anyone knows whats the deal with documentation? seems complicated ;)

help ! :)

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Few questions about application. thanks for helping :)

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:33 pm

I will answer the questions that I can using the numbers you have used.

1. No, you cannot use Tippex. Complete a new page if you have made an error.

2. Life in the UK test does not expire. It is the Englsh B1 test that usually has a 2 year validity and must be from one of the approved test providers.

3. If you are an EU citizen, you don't have ILR but attain PR (permanent residence). When did you attain PR? How long have you been exercising treaty rights in the UK and in what way (student, worker, self sufficient, etc)

4. No, you cannot just make dates up.

5. Have you read the Guide and Booklet that accompanies the AN form?? Do you have proof of your PR status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:29 am

thanks for answering

I came to UK 11 years ago and worked since (was in college for a year 6 years ago) Registered with Home Office when I started to work and got that letter with job details and photo and after some time , dont think straight away tho , I applied for that residence documentation bluish card with photo , I think thats the permanent residence.
I have dates for holidays for lat 3 years and for the rest I only know months and places, so what person should do in that case?
Ive read booklet etc but I think If they wanted us to get that citizenship they would make it clearer and helpful and forum like this wouldnt be needed.

Agusya
Newly Registered

EEA national->registration certificate vs Permanent reside

Post by Agusya » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:01 pm

I have registration certificate , do I need permanent residence card or EEA nationals dont need it anymore?Have been in UK for 11 years. where do I find documentation list needed for EEA national? Im getting more and more confused

martin54

Re: EEA national->registration certificate vs Permanent re

Post by martin54 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Agusya wrote:I have registration certificate , do I need permanent residence card or EEA nationals dont need it anymore?Have been in UK for 11 years. where do I find documentation list needed for EEA national? Im getting more and more confused

When did you have the registration certificate ?
How long have you been working? if you been working over six years without any break and you can prove it, then you can apply for naturalization... It better you give more details

cio

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:01 pm

1 point in that application ask you for leave to remain / enter date. EEA nationals dont need to apply for that and get permanent residency after 5 years (of something??). Im not sure what is this registration certificate I have I dont remember why I had to have it even. It was issued in 2007 . I think you supposed to get it after WRS registration for a year (WRS doesnt exist anymore I guess) dont know why ;) I havent even done it straight away. How do I know when I got that permanent residency? 5 years from what ?;)
Not sure what date to put in that leave to remain / enter date. Anyone knows?
I have been working in UK without break since 2005 (with 1 year in college) I have all P60s and college documentation. Im just confused about that leave to remain & permanent residency & legal documents stuff.

what is address of tax office or tax office ref? is this employer PAYE ref from p60?

btw is any work before WRS registration classified as illegal?

thanks!

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:54 pm

anyone?:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Agusya wrote:1 point in that application ask you for leave to remain / enter date. EEA nationals dont need to apply for that and get permanent residency after 5 years (of something??). Im not sure what is this registration certificate I have I dont remember why I had to have it even. It was issued in 2007 . I think you supposed to get it after WRS registration for a year (WRS doesnt exist anymore I guess) dont know why ;) I havent even done it straight away. How do I know when I got that permanent residency? 5 years from what ?;)
Not sure what date to put in that leave to remain / enter date. Anyone knows?
I have been working in UK without break since 2005 (with 1 year in college) I have all P60s and college documentation. Im just confused about that leave to remain & permanent residency & legal documents stuff.

what is address of tax office or tax office ref? is this employer PAYE ref from p60?

btw is any work before WRS registration classified as illegal?

thanks!
The date in Q1.3 is for ILR.
You, as an EEA national, should have PR before you apply to naturalise if applying under EU regulations (so you won't have ILR).

You can get address of your tax office from any HMRC letter or P60 form or similar.
It is not your PAYE ref but if you have such a reference you can use that in Q1.52.

If you are from an A8 country (and were working in UK earlier than sometime in 2011) you will have to have been registered under WRS (whilst it existed) for your work to be recognised & so count towards your PR.

If you did not do this then your working time in UK will only be counted since 2011 when, (arguably), WRS was terminated.
Technically I suppose any unregistered work may be considered illegal or at least 'unauthorised'.

So if the working time clock actually started for you in 2011 you would be eligible to apply for naturalisation in 2017, ie after holding PR for 1 year and after 5 years of work.

fyi - in general, EEA nationals acquire PR in UK after 5 years of exercising treaty rights, as a qualified person (worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, etc).
After holding PR for 12 months such a person can apply to naturalise if all other requirements (KOLL, good character, absences within limits etc) are met;
(if married to BC they can apply immediately on attaining PR after 5 years).

The bluish card you seem to have got almost as soon as you entered UK cannot be a PR card.

You can optionally apply for a PR card once you believe you have exercised treaty rights continuously for 5 years (any 5 years) in UK.
If you don't have a PR card all it means is you simply have to supply more evidence when you apply to naturalise.

The form itself tells you what documents you need:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... N_v_05.pdf

Read the guide again too:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

If you are still confused it will help if you number your questions so people can help you, one question at a time.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:10 pm

thank you!

I have one more question (last one for now;)) Im about to book GESE Grade 5 exam as Im not sure what proof of english knowledge is enough/acceptable , but in a week Im going to college (work is sending me to do short medical course ) to study SVQ / NVQ Level 4/5, on gov webiste it says '' ESOL qualification at Scottish Qualifications Framework levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland'' Whats is this ESOL all about, why do we need ESOL qualification? would that without ESOL be enough?

thanks again!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Agusya wrote:thank you!

I have one more question (last one for now;)) Im about to book GESE Grade 5 exam as Im not sure what proof of english knowledge is enough/acceptable , but in a week Im going to college (work is sending me to do short medical course ) to study SVQ / NVQ Level 4/5, on gov webiste it says '' ESOL qualification at Scottish Qualifications Framework levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland'' Whats is this ESOL all about, why do we need ESOL qualification? would that without ESOL be enough?

thanks again!
An ESOL qualification is one way to provide the proof of English required to satisfy citizenship requirements.
(Another way is proof of degree/higher-degree studied in English).
A non-ESOL SVQ would not be accepted.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks!

1. so as EEA I leave 1.3 - indefinite leave - blank? correct?

2. When putting employment history, do I put addresses of work or address from P60 (they are not the same) , does it matter?

3. 2.4 asks for basis Ive been in the UK for last 6 years. you have to state it . do I just put worked here and there? I've worked in the same place for last 6 years. And after that in 2.5 to put same thing?

4. Had WRS done in 2005, do I provide all my P60 from 2005 till now or just for last 6 years?

5. documents for EEA person : passport, P60 for last 6 years, English knowledge document, life in uk. Thats it?

thanks!

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:45 pm

add on

still dont know what is address of tax office or tax office ref
there is no address on P60 except for employers address. there are my details and Employer PAYE ref. I dont have any letters from Home Office or anything like that. What do I do, where do I get if from?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:14 am

Its quite strange that there is no option of first name on application form. 1.5 ask for surname and 1.6 ask for others name. so where to write forename/first name?
Agusya wrote:add on

there is no address on P60 except for employers address. there are my details and Employer PAYE ref. I dont have any letters from Home Office or anything like that. What do I do, where do I get if from?
You can write the address of your account department deal with tax/wages or check the address on p60 if you working for same emplyer

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:16 am

Agusya wrote:Thanks!

1. so as EEA I leave 1.3 - indefinite leave - blank? correct?

2. When putting employment history, do I put addresses of work or address from P60 (they are not the same) , does it matter?

3. 2.4 asks for basis Ive been in the UK for last 6 years. you have to state it . do I just put worked here and there? I've worked in the same place for last 6 years. And after that in 2.5 to put same thing?

4. Had WRS done in 2005, do I provide all my P60 from 2005 till now or just for last 6 years?

5. documents for EEA person : passport, P60 for last 6 years, English knowledge document, life in uk. Thats it?

thanks!
1) Yes.

Put PR date in 'additional information' section of form if you wish. (Just cross-reerence to Q number).

2) If you have 2 addresses for work you can put 1 address in the box & the list other in 'additional info' section of the form;
(just cross-reference the question number).

3) For Q2.4 it's asking for the basis of your stay in UK, for example as a,
worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired, incapacity

- just put the correct category for each period.
For you seems to be: Worker.

4) Form asks for 6 years (doesn't it?).
No harm in providing more.
(NCS may or may not submit them all if you use NCS).

5) PR Card if you have one;
Fully completed & signed/dated form with Referees filled in properly;
plus Fee Payment Form.

Tip Keep your own copy of the completed form for your reference.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:17 am

Agusya wrote:add on

Suggest: Ask your HR department if they know the reference
OR call HMRC helpline
OR go into local tax office to ask them.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:23 am

modern_newton wrote:Its quite strange that there is no option of first name on application form. 1.5 ask for surname and 1.6 ask for others name. so where to write forename/first name?
1.6 Other names (Please note: Your name will be shown on your certificate so please ensure
it is spelt correctly and you have written it in the correct order
All forenames including the first name, that is the applicant's <first name> then <middle name/s - if any> , go in Q1.6
They have to be in the correct order.

If I'm John it may be:
John David

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:51 pm

noajthan wrote:
modern_newton wrote:Its quite strange that there is no option of first name on application form. 1.5 ask for surname and 1.6 ask for others name. so where to write forename/first name?
1.6 Other names (Please note: Your name will be shown on your certificate so please ensure
it is spelt correctly and you have written it in the correct order
All forenames including the first name, that is the applicant's <first name> then <middle name/s - if any> , go in Q1.6
They have to be in the correct order.

If I'm John it may be:
John David
So if your first name is John and surname is david then you will put david in 1.5 and john in 1.6?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:34 pm

modern_newton wrote:if your first name is John and surname is david then you will put david in 1.5 and john in 1.6?
Yes. Exactly.

HO will then issue naturalisation certificate to: *DAVID* JOHN

- which means John David.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Ive just asked a referee to fill in his bit in a form and he didnt use capital letters. Does capital letter apply only to me or referees also have to do it this way, or maybe it doesnt matter?

thanks!

ps. Im almost there ;)

tripping

Post by tripping » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:15 pm

If the instructions say BLOCK letters, then yes you have to follow the rules. Personally though does it really matter, but then you're dealing with the HO bureaucracy and their stringent rules, so maybe you dont want to risk it.

I personally filled in two copies of my citizenship form, as I had a referee who wrote his address slightly incorrectly, he crossed it out, and I said NO WAY, and got him to fill in the second spare copy correctly, in Block letters of course. Tedious yes, pedantic oh yes, but hey I rather put in the extra effort now, and follow the rules to the letter to get it right and approved the first time without any further potential risks.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:44 pm

point 7.7 in application : I declare that, although I do not meet all the statutory requirements for ...etc
And then it says under that * delete if not applicable -> do I delete it by crossing over it or what do I do? Can I just cross over bit in that sentence not applicable?

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:01 pm

and one more ;)

'if you exercised treaty rights in employment etc please give details' Do I give details for last 6 years again (previous point is about details of work etc for last 6 years) or since WRS? My WRS is from 2005. Im not sure, what is this question for.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:33 pm

More I read I know less. now Im not sure if I supposed to cover last 6 years or first 6 years of being in UK, with documents