ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cambridge English KET Refusals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Cambridge English KET Refusals

Post by Raymandosnr » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:54 am

I will later on today post more information to help people who are in a similar situation
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Cambridge English KET Refusals

Post by Raymandosnr » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:05 am

Maybe the following will help you as you are not the first person to experience this situation

Visa Type: Cat A Spouse
Applied : 13/05/15
Application Location: Islamabad
Appeal Submitted Online : 18/08/15
Payment Taken: 19/08/15
MP to sent letter to home office: 27/09/15
Appeal Evidence:
3x letters from Cambridge English and Grafton College confirming certificate authenticity and proof exam was taken
Confirmation of Entry
Certificate
Statement of Results
Test day photo with results on a Cambridge English statment sheet
A visual guide put together by me on how to view results online with annotations and full references

Any issues in appeal please let me know as I will help out as much as I can

Inshallah May Allah make my appeal and everybody else's successfu

kaka786
Newly Registered

Post by kaka786 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:50 pm

From what I can see Grafton College messed up. I share your sentiments. Can you please upload the letters from Cambridge English and Grafton College I need help with my case too. or you can email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife completed a valid KET test from Cambridge English Language Assessment in Dec 2014. The ECO was unable to check the results online and on this basis refused entry and her spouse visa. I have contacted Cambridge English, who informed me they have received 60+ candidates with similar refusals. They have put the fault on Grafton college where the exam was taken, as they failed to upload the results and can no longer do this now, what a pain!

Cambridge English have provided me a letter confirming UKVI can check the results with them manually through a specific URL, letter attached also. Based on this, would appreciate your thoughts on the following

1) What's the chances of a successful appeal at the first stage? I don't want this dragged to the tribunal.

2) Is it worthwhile submitting the appeal + another English test from the new list, won't be an issue for my wife to sit.

3) Can I submit an Appeal + New application at the same time and retract new application IF the appeal is successful? - just trying to save time there.

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Attachments can be found on
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 95461.html

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:28 am

kaka786 wrote:From what I can see Grafton College messed up. I share your sentiments. Can you please upload the letters from Cambridge English and Grafton College I need help with my case too. or you can email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife completed a valid KET test from Cambridge English Language Assessment in Dec 2014. The ECO was unable to check the results online and on this basis refused entry and her spouse visa. I have contacted Cambridge English, who informed me they have received 60+ candidates with similar refusals. They have put the fault on Grafton college where the exam was taken, as they failed to upload the results and can no longer do this now, what a pain!

Cambridge English have provided me a letter confirming UKVI can check the results with them manually through a specific URL, letter attached also. Based on this, would appreciate your thoughts on the following

1) What's the chances of a successful appeal at the first stage? I don't want this dragged to the tribunal.

2) Is it worthwhile submitting the appeal + another English test from the new list, won't be an issue for my wife to sit.

3) Can I submit an Appeal + New application at the same time and retract new application IF the appeal is successful? - just trying to save time there.

Might be Grafton or it might be Cambridge English either way we were screwed and their playing the blame game

1. Very good chance as none of this was our fault as we passed our exams under UKVI regulations it'd just post exam done issue happened, good news is someone last week had their refusal overturned after they contacted exam board and confirmed authenticity of certificate, another brother will have his decision next week so Inshallah all goes well for him as that will give us further confidence

2. You can submit another application which will be costly and under intense scrutiny as they will want to know why you were refused the first time and there's the possibility they will refuse you on something else

3.again you can do this but refer to my previous point and cost involved as its best to do this with a cool head

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zainykhal

Post by Zainykhal » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:15 am

Raymandosnr wrote:
kaka786 wrote:From what I can see Grafton College messed up. I share your sentiments. Can you please upload the letters from Cambridge English and Grafton College I need help with my case too. or you can email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Might be Grafton or it might be Cambridge English either way we were screwed and their playing the blame game

1. Very good chance as none of this was our fault as we passed our exams under UKVI regulations it'd just post exam done issue happened, good news is someone last week had their refusal overturned after they contacted exam board and confirmed authenticity of certificate, another brother will have his decision next week so Inshallah all goes well for him as that will give us further confidence

2. You can submit another application which will be costly and under intense scrutiny as they will want to know why you were refused the first time and there's the possibility they will refuse you on something else

3.again you can do this but refer to my previous point and cost involved as its best to do this with a cool head
I am sure there is something wrong with Cambridge software or with UKVI verification system as all the applicants have been facing this problen since the new approved tests introduced in April 2015.
Me and my friend took the Key English Test in May 2014 taken together on the same date then we applied for the visa on the same date, biometric same date, he ws granted the visa and mine was refused on the basis of Financial requirements.
If they were able to verify the same test last year then why couldnt this time. Either something wrong with their new verification system or they are not considering old tests seriously.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:46 am

received a letter from my MP today basically telling me that they won't look at the evidence even though it looks correct and the original decision made was wrong and all I have to do it appeal

rosie.x

Post by rosie.x » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:26 am

Salam all.

I've received correspondence from my local MP. The home office have not overturned the decision for refusal.
They stated on the letter that they were aware of an ' IT issue' with grafton college Islamabad. However a list of names were sent to them, and my husbands name was not on that. This was also checked by an ECM.

So annoyed right now, they OBVIOUSLY did not try the UKVI website as the college assured me it was visible to them now.

Does this mean i am definatly going to have to go and appeal. And ive appealed 3 weeks ago. Anyone have any idea as to when i would hear back with regards dates etc ?.

These people are so incompetent and heartless! !
Documents submitted at ISB: 23/06/15
Visa refused: 18/09/15
Review & appeal submitted: 25/09/15
Payment taken: 09/10/15
Review deadline date: 15/02/16

kaka786
Newly Registered

Post by kaka786 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Salaam,

My wife’s visa was refused in September due to fact that ECO was unable to verify test results. It transpires that Grafton College failed to upload results as well as her test day photo that was taken on the test day on to UKVI’s portal.
Last week ECA from Islamabad contacted us via email please see below.
I am an Entry Clearance Assistant at the British High Commission In Islamabad, Pakistan. Your application is currently being assessed. Kindly send us your Cambridge Certificate. Please send us scanned copy of this evidence to this E-mail address as attachment either in word format urgently. While replying, please do not change the contents written on top, in “subject” column of this mail as we have mentioned your case reference number there, which will help us to trace out your reply out of hundreds of E-mails, which we receive each day.
We have now sent everything that the ECA asked us to provide. I have also contacted Cambridge English in London to find out whether UKVI have asked for verification, please see below response from Cambridge English.
Just a very quick message to confirm that the UKVI have requested that we verify *******'s result manually. We have verified her result for them, though as previously discussed, this does not necessarily mean that they will overturn any decision. I do hope that it's a good sign for you however and I'd like to wish you both good luck.
Just one question is anyone out there is in a similar situation?
Your thought on this matter would be much appreciated?

rosie.x wrote:Salam all.

I've received correspondence from my local MP. The home office have not overturned the decision for refusal.
They stated on the letter that they were aware of an ' IT issue' with grafton college Islamabad. However a list of names were sent to them, and my husbands name was not on that. This was also checked by an ECM.

So annoyed right now, they OBVIOUSLY did not try the UKVI website as the college assured me it was visible to them now.

Does this mean i am definatly going to have to go and appeal. And ive appealed 3 weeks ago. Anyone have any idea as to when i would hear back with regards dates etc ?.

These people are so incompetent and heartless! !

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Good news is alhamdulilah the KET issue is now over as people are winning their appeals at review stage or the British embassy at Pakistan is contacting people so alhamdulilah the end is very near for us Inshallah

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:20 am

My wife received a phone call today and was asked a few questions, they then said they will send Call In Letter in the post!!!! Mashallah such good news!! updated time line below!!

Applied : 13/05/15
Appeal Submitted Online : 18/08/15
Payment Taken: 19/08/15
MP's letter to home office: Rejected 13/10
Second MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent out: 03/11/15