ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of General Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

megham
Newly Registered

Refusal of General Visitor Visa

Post by megham » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:54 am

Hi All,

I had applied Visa with my husband under general visitor category on Sep 27' 2013, Both our visas got rejected.

we had provided below docs.

pay slips - worth 60 k (including mine and my husband)
FD - worth 3 lakh
RD - worth 1 lakh (maturity date in Nov)
property deeds of both (originals)
leave sanction letters
Invitation letter from bro-in-law (his tax paper, visa work permit)

we planned to spend from our RD which gets matured in Nov(1 lakh, rest of our expenses my bro-in-law will take care) and also with our salaries earned until Dec. we hav booked tickets for Dec 3rd week. Sponsor will take care of accommodation.

Pls suggest if we can reapply, if so what are the changes I shd make, shd we show sponsorship or mention as family visitor?

we are planning to visit sis's family and spend 15 days there. Pls guide as we are very upset with this decision.

Details for your reference

REFUSAL OF ENTRY CLEARANCE

You have said you will pay for the cost of your own and husband's travel to the UK and you have provided your husband's Citibank statement account number XXX showing a balance of Ps 20,620 (6207) as evidence of your ability to do so. You have also presented your own Axis bank statement. account number xxx showing a balance of Rs. 21,972 (0220) as of 12/9/13 neither of these balances even collectively are sufficient to pay for your trips as claimed. I am not satisfied that you will be able to support yourself in the UK during your visit without working or using public funds or that you will maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately out of the resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends (Paragraph 41liiiffyi) of HC 3951.

megham
Newly Registered

Post by megham » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:28 am

Dear Gurus,
Please advice, its urgent. Can we ask our sponsor to transfer amount to our account ?
As we already booked tickets for 18th December, we are much tensed on how to reapply

Please advice on how to reapply by providing proper justification.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 am

What strong ties have you got with your home Country i.e. what jobs have you both got? Who will you be staying with?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 am

Few points to consider:

Refusal of entry clearance says that your provided Citibank and Axis bank’s statements in support of your claim that you would pay the travel cost.

However you also mention that you planned to utilise the RD (what is RD ??) and salary for the purpose. Did you mention that in your application?

It seems you have already booked tickets then you have already incurred the cost and bank balance should have no bearing (as all other costs will be borne by the sponsor in UK). Not sure if you explained that too?

Did you submit bank statements of your UK sponsor supporting his financial position to fund your stay? His tax paper may not be sufficient for this purpose.
Did you submit proof of accommodation in the UK? Did your UK sponsor provide any supporting document in this regard?

megham
Newly Registered

Post by megham » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Dear Guru,

- We provided property documents of both. We both are currently working private firms in the field of HR.

- RD is recurring deposit, which is getting matured in next month. Its around 1 lakh, in application i mentioned it in question number 63

63 DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS‚ PROPERTIES OR OTHER INCOME‚ FOR
EXAMPLE‚ FROM STOCKS AND SHARES? YES

- Even my husband mentioned it in question number 63, He showed Fixed deposit of around 2.5 Lakhs.

- We showed sponsor only for accommodation purpose, We didn't explain that all other cost will be borne by the sponsor in UK.

- Our sponsor provided proof for accommodation, one month Bank statement (August) , tax papers, Visa and invitation letter.

Please advice us where we went wrong and also guide us how much minimum balance we need to show in our account and what documents need to be provided by both ourself and our sponsor to jusfity we can we fund our trip. As posted earlier, our sponsor is ready to transfer around 1 lakh each to our account.

megham
Newly Registered

Post by megham » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:13 am

Dear Gurus,

Any suggestions on the previous Post ?

We are planning to reapply for UK Visa, i have few doubts. Please suggest us on the below mentioned points

- Our Sponsor is giving a new Invitation letter, mentioning that he will take care of all the expenses, do we need to mention about the refusal details in the new sponsorship letter ?

- About our bank balance, do we need to show more funds this time or can we apply with the available balance in our account ?

Also please let us know the chances of Visa approval when we reapply.

Please reply at the earliest, its urgent, we need arrange necessary documents for re-application as our flights are booked on 18th December.

kiran.katawa
Newly Registered

Re: Refusal of General Visitor Visa

Post by kiran.katawa » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi Megham,
did you show more funds in the account to show more funds? Did that help?

Am in similar situation. Can you please help?