ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Home Office requesting SA302

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

ILR Home Office requesting SA302

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:01 am

Hello everyone,

I applied for my ILR (long stay residency) same day premium service at Croydon, My case worker came and informed me that I should provide my tax record from my employment from 2010 to date (5 years) From self employment and PAYE.
I have always been employed and paid taxes directly through my employer.
I have a registered company which i have only received about £5000 from in 2013.
The home office has given me 14days to comply.

please please can somebody help!!!!!

Thanks, Abraham

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Home Office requesting SA302

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:47 am

abrahamjones wrote:Hello everyone,

I applied for my ILR (long stay residency) same day premium service at Croydon, My case worker came and informed me that I should provide my tax record from my employment from 2010 to date (5 years) From self employment and PAYE.
I have a registered company which i have only received about £5000 from in 2013.

Thanks, Abraham
"I have a registered company which i have only received about £5000 from in 2013." If you have a registered company you are required to submit annual accounts. You can request your SA302 from HMRC. This generally takes 10 days to arrive by post.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tungha1979
BANNED

Post by tungha1979 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:07 am

Thanks, Abraham
How many years of P60's had you submitted with your application?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:16 am

tungha1979 wrote:

Thanks, Abraham
How many years of P60's had you submitted with your application?
I suspect that the issue here is the undeclared income from the Registered company. As all Government departments share information the PSC Case Worker would be able to see that the applicant has a Limited company for which evidence of income/tax paid hasn't been submitted with the documentation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:48 am

abrahamjones wrote: I have a registered company which i have only received about £5000 from in 2013.
Did your accountant file the accounts at Company House? Did you pay the tax due? VAT paid? What about PAYE/RTI, did you register for that?

The old days of 'getting away with it' have gone I'm afraid.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Abraham jones:
What did the letter exactly say?

It will be useful to know more to help you.

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks guys I'm really grateful for your contributions. Here is what the letter says:

"Please contact HMRC and ask them to provide you with a list of all your declared earningsfrom Employment and self employment from 1 April 2010 to date of this letter. This is normally a SA302. Please send the documents to ourselves."

I did not include my P60 in the application because I applied for ILR Long stay. Tax record is not listed as requirement that's why I did not include them. I gave all the documents listed in the Home office website and that's why I was very surprised. I think it's a new trap by the home office which in my opinion is very bad.

I have all my P60 from 2010 to 2014 from mY employment. I believe my accountant filed in because I have been doing that since 2014. i only registered the company in 2013. I had declared about £4500 in 2014 and that is the only amount i have traded under the company. I also did returns this year even though there was no active trading.

I hope the above info is clear enough. Looking forward to your contributions.

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:54 pm

I was given 14days to send the documents back to them

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Based on long residence case wroker should not ha ve asked for SA302. YOu mentioned that he/she asked for last 5 years seriously shows how confused ill trainer case workers are. As they need to look at 5 year in case of T1 now long residence.

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:08 pm

I was very confused myself. Still very confused.

smeer123
Newly Registered

Post by smeer123 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:13 pm

abrahamjones wrote:I was very confused myself. Still very confused.
Which visa were u on wen u applied set lr...?...thanks

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:39 pm

i was on tier1 general

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:11 pm

ilrvisanow wrote:Based on long residence case wroker should not ha ve asked for SA302. YOu mentioned that he/she asked for last 5 years seriously shows how confused ill trainer case workers are. As they need to look at 5 year in case of T1 now long residence.
Guidance to Immigration Officers - Long Residence May 2015
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ce_v13.pdf
Consideration under relevant points:
The applicant's employment record will often be a significant consideration. You must
consider what the person has been doing while they have been in the UK, and what
economic contribution, if any, they have made. Whilst not having a sound employment
record is not in itself a reason to refuse leave, having such a record along with strong ties
with the UK would count in a person's favour, if they have not been a burden on public
finances but have, in fact, contributed through income tax and national insurance
contributions.
Equally, the lack of such a record, and any charges they have made on public
finances, would count against them.
(Casa, not CR001)

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:23 pm

you are a legend. Thanks for the clarity. God bless you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:26 pm

I hope you get it sorted.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:28 pm

ilrvisanow wrote:Based on long residence case wroker should not ha ve asked for SA302. YOu mentioned that he/she asked for last 5 years seriously shows how confused ill trainer case workers are. As they need to look at 5 year in case of T1 now long residence.
Is this even English? Might be helpful if you used a spell checker - I can barely understand your txtspk if that's what it is...

Anyway not true, caseworker is correct.

Anyone who is a director of a Ltd Company is required to to fill in a Self Assessment form, completely normal and standard and as we know UKVI/HMRC are all over this type of thing, so OP will have to wriggle out of this somehow or face the consequences...

I am a director of a Ltd Co. and have had to fill out a Self Assessment for the last 22 years....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Thanks. I file my tax record and i have my accountant to do the necessary. You did not get the point clearly. The home office does not require or mentions TAX record submissions in applying for ILR Long stay residency. If it was a criterium required I would have added it first time.

Thanks guys you all have been more than magical. I will definitely now give them what they want.

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:37 pm

I have applied for my tax records from the inland revenue still waiting for reply for 7 days now.
My accountant told me i cannot apply for the SA302 because I was not registered as a self employed. Although I had only used my own company once for a transaction two years ago same year the company was registered. I have since made my company annual return through my accountant.
Has anyone been through this?
It is very uncomfortable.

Thanks guys your contributions are needed.

kiranmann85
Newly Registered

Post by kiranmann85 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi Abraham,

Are you on Tier 1 General at the moment?
If yes did you claimed any income from self employment when applied for initial application and/or for extension?

They're asking for tax records to verify that you're not in breach of conditions of your current stay by which I believe they mean that the income you declared to home office during your Tier 1 applications is same on HMRC records.

They're checking this in every single case of long residence for example if you're on a student visa at time of long residence application then they will check whether you comply with all the conditions of student visa. and so on for Tier 2 and other categories. why they doing it, it's not clear and you're right it's not mentioned directly anywhere in the requirements check list for long residence.

I know it's probably a bit late now, but have you managed to sort this out? and what documents did you send in the end?

Kiran

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:08 am

i have all my p60 from the period they want. the self employed i claimed in 2013 was £5000. This i declared through my accountant. However i have just received a mail from inland rev. to correct errors and resend request for NI records. now it's taking longer.

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:45 am

Abraham what did :
1. HMRC letter exactly say? As you can take that with you to prove that it is work in progress. If you are running out of time.

2. UK visas- how much time do you left. What is your plan?

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:45 am

my lawyer has written to them to extend time to allow me pursue the documents from the hmrc

Jas2013
Newly Registered

Post by Jas2013 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 am

abrahamjones wrote:i have all my p60 from the period they want. the self employed i claimed in 2013 was £5000. This i declared through my accountant. However i have just received a mail from inland rev. to correct errors and resend request for NI records. now it's taking longer.
Hi abrahamjones,
Did you able to get your SA302 ? Please update

abrahamjones
Newly Registered

Post by abrahamjones » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:51 pm

I still havent but I was told it could take some time

kapil007
Newly Registered

Post by kapil007 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:07 pm

abrahamjones wrote:my lawyer has written to them to extend time to allow me pursue the documents from the hmrc
Hi, did you get time extension from home office ? Did you also hear from hmrc yet ?
Please keep updating if possible.
Thanks