ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excess Absences 740 days last 5 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasanna.cvs
Newly Registered

Excess Absences 740 days last 5 years

Post by prasanna.cvs » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:22 am

Hi,

I would like to request forum people to guide and help me in providing information whether I am eligible for naturalisation.

In total I have 740 days absence during last 5 years out of which long gap is after I got my ILR. I got ILR in May 2013 and I left to India June 2013 and returned back to UK Aug 2014. During this time I am working for client outside UK and I have generated income into my business account and also I have taken my salaries from my company. I am only employee and director for the company. I have worked 11 months out of 14 months absence. During my tenure me and my wife are under medical treatment nad we have complete set of medical reports. Let me know whether i am eligible and have any chances in getting naturalisation certificate.

My first arrival : 04th June 2008
ILR: 16th May 2013
Long absences: Jun 2013-Aug 2014 -- Working for UK based company (My own limited comapny)
Absence: Nov 2014 -Mar 2015 -- I am supporting my wife during her delivery and not working and completly personal visit.

I have evidence that I paid tax to HMRC for my company earnings and I have my self assessment filed for the year 2013-2014.

I am plannign to apply Feb 2016 and I am in country Feb 2011 and Feb 2010.

JohnnyZee

Re: Excess Absences 740 days last 5 years

Post by JohnnyZee » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:15 pm

You need to read the guide below which has the full details.

"For absences exceeding 730 days (or 450 days for 6(2) applications) we would expect
you to have been resident in the UK for the last 8 years (5 years for 6(2) applications)
unless the absences were a result of either:
• A posting abroad in Crown or designated service (see section 10). For example,
as a member of HM Forces, or as the husband, wife or civil partner of a British
citizen serving abroad in Crown or designated service; or
• An unavoidable consequence of the nature of your work. For example, if you are
a merchant seaman or someone working for a UK based business which
requires frequent travel abroad; or
• Exceptional or compelling reasons of an occupational or compassionate nature
such as having a firm job offer for which British citizenship is a genuine
requirement.
Only very rarely would we disregard absences in excess of 900 days (540 days for 6(2)
applications). If your absences are more than this limit your application is likely to fail and
your fee will not be fully refunded."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2015.pdf

prasanna.cvs
Newly Registered

Re: Excess Absences 740 days last 5 years

Post by prasanna.cvs » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:32 pm

Thank you very much I have gone through same document earlier. So when I am away UK for business purpose those days considered as away UK or not inluded as absent.