ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 2 Dependent from India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rv
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 2 Dependent from India

Post by rv » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi,

my wife is applying Tier 2 dependent from India. i am in UK under Tier 2(general) category. i have few queries, which are as follows:

As per UKBA website i need to show £900+£600 in my bank account for last 3 moths. Is it okay if i show this in more than one bank account? I have 3 bank accounts and in any date i have more that £1500 but if you look into one bank account then balance is going less than £1500.

There is some rule regarding minimum salary when your dependent is applying for visa. As per life in uk, they say minimum salary should be between £18,600 and £25,700. what would be appropriate for me?

Do you have any format of letter for sponsoring your dependent?

I will provide following documents to my wife for visa, please let me know if i should add any?

Last 6 months salary slip.
COS letter from my employer which he provided me last year when i applied(should i ask new one?)
Bank Statements
Letter stating i will bear all her cost during her stay
My Passport Copies(Do i need to authorize from anyone?)
I am living with my parents and therefore i do not have any tenancy letter and i am not paying them anything, please let me know what document should I show for accommodation?

My Wife will submit following documents to UKBA other than mentioned above:(Please let me know if she should add any document?)
Visa form
Marriage certificate
Marriage Photos
Passport

Regards
Rv

vishpb35

Re: Applying for Tier 2 Dependent from India

Post by vishpb35 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:37 pm

hi,

I can answer few questions not all.

1) When you show statements from different accounts, highlight the amounts saved per month in each bank account. Probably put a post it on it mentioning like 'Bank account 1, 2 etc".

2) You also need to submit your spouse "TB Chest X-ray scan" from authorised UKBA hospitals ONLY, see the list on their website. Its mandatory I think and she need to carry that in her handbag when she travels to UK. (She also needs to submit the same with VFS applications but UKBA will verify it and return it back to you)

3) If you current visa is valid for more than 1 year, then fee could be different and if your remaining visa is less than 1 year then fee would be different (Source: My personal experience as my visa was expiring in next 6 months and my wife was told by VFS to pay short term visa fee, but UKBA will grant LONG term visa and she was indeed granted long term visa.)- Please contact VFS for more information before making any DD or worst case scenario, keep some cash handy if this scenario occurs. I had to suffer a lot due to this, but in the end it went well.

4) You also need to send copy of your current valid UK visa, if BRP, then both sides.

Processing times: 2 to 3 weeks.

Good luck with your application!

ncisgreat

Post by ncisgreat » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 pm

There is no required minimum salary for tier 2 holders thats for people who are british citizen or have indefinite visa

vrk

Post by vrk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi,

I know its an old post, but does this rule still applies now? I am planning to extend my Tier 2 Visa and my wife's Tier 2 Dependent visa. I have not maintained sufficient balance. Can I still make an application without the bank statement? I am in the same job and same sponsorer. They have issued a new CoS and increased my salary to 'experienced' level. Thanks

shreya_6261
Newly Registered

Post by shreya_6261 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi guys,

I am applying for UK Tier - 2 Dependent visa. My Husband lives in UK and i shall be joining him in july 2014.
I am facing few issues while filling up the online form. In the "Family Details" section it asks for Spouse/partner details, do i need to fill in my husband's info there? Secondly, in "Main Applicants" section should i again fill my husbands info?
And in the "additional information" section what is it best to write there?
Please Help me!

Regards,
Shreya

kusum
Newly Registered

Post by kusum » Fri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi,

I am applying to tier two dependat visa.
My husband is currently staying in 1 bhk and dont have rent agreement. Once my visa is done he will find 2 bhk and make agreement.
I have letter from his landlord and letter from his company in which his UK address is mentioned.
Is it sufficient? Or I have to have rent agreement.
Please reply asap. I have my appointment scheduled on 9th may.

Thanks in advance.

Suguna
Newly Registered

Post by Suguna » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi Sherya,

I do have the doubts about "Family Details" section. Have you managed complete your application.

Thanks,
Suguna

shreya_6261 wrote:Hi guys,

I am applying for UK Tier - 2 Dependent visa. My Husband lives in UK and i shall be joining him in july 2014.
I am facing few issues while filling up the online form. In the "Family Details" section it asks for Spouse/partner details, do i need to fill in my husband's info there? Secondly, in "Main Applicants" section should i again fill my husbands info?
And in the "additional information" section what is it best to write there?
Please Help me!

Regards,
Shreya

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:47 am

kusum wrote:Hi,

I am applying to tier two dependat visa.
My husband is currently staying in 1 bhk and dont have rent agreement. Once my visa is done he will find 2 bhk and make agreement.
I have letter from his landlord and letter from his company in which his UK address is mentioned.
Is it sufficient? Or I have to have rent agreement.
Please reply asap. I have my appointment scheduled on 9th may.

Thanks in advance.

You should be ok. I have seen my friend's case where he was staying in shared accomodation and got visa for his spouse

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:50 am

vrk wrote:Hi,

I know its an old post, but does this rule still applies now? I am planning to extend my Tier 2 Visa and my wife's Tier 2 Dependent visa. I have not maintained sufficient balance. Can I still make an application without the bank statement? I am in the same job and same sponsorer. They have issued a new CoS and increased my salary to 'experienced' level. Thanks

I am not sure about this, but if you can get letter from your employer that you will be here for certain duration and you are paid so and so salary then may be your case can be considered. Also ask ur employer to fund and apply your spouse visa, it will be more safer. All the best. (Why cannot ur show ur bank statements?)

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:51 am

Adding list of documents that may be required

1. House Rental agreement in UK
2. 3/6 months ORIGINAL UK bank statement
3. 3 months UK salary slips - Attested by her HR (if payslips are online)
4. Her passport copy and visa page copy
5. You passport and photographs as per UKBA photo guidance
6. Demand draft (see VFS UK website for fees) or also carry cash.
7. Employment Verification letter from her employer. - Important
8. Any utility bill to prove that she is staying in UK property.
9. You need to get your TB test done from approved hospital as per UKBA list of hospitals- Dont ignore this. (See UKBA or VFS site for list of hospitals.

navin1208
Newly Registered

Post by navin1208 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Guys, re switch from PBS dependent to tier 2 Gen, is the TB certificate still required though you are resident of the UK? I have read the policy guide and says if you are resident of the UK and it's not more than 2 years you have left UK, then you don't need a TB certificate. However, I'm not sure if the resident here means someone with ILR or tax resident or someone who has lived in the UK for more than 6months/year?
Does anyone know?
Cheers

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:41 pm

if you have stayed in UK for 6 months, you are UK resident. You can be on tier2 visa too and also while switching in UK (having spent 2 years already) you dont need to provide TB cert. Hope this helps

navin1208
Newly Registered

Post by navin1208 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:22 pm

vishpb35 wrote:if you have stayed in UK for 6 months, you are UK resident. You can be on tier2 visa too and also while switching in UK (having spent 2 years already) you dont need to provide TB cert. Hope this helps
Thanks Vishpb35, we did clarify with the out-country helpline as well. The confirmed that TB certificate is not required

navchavan
Newly Registered

Post by navchavan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi All

I have a query in regards to confirmed Tier-2 General application form for my wife.

We have 4-5 changed which needs to be done but as the form is confirmed we are unable to get it done.

Is it possible to get the changed done in the VFS global office during the appointment for submission??

Thanks in advance

Rr1987
Newly Registered

Post by Rr1987 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi All,

Sorry for a very long post.

My husband was there in UK till September 2014 on Tier 2 ICT then moved back to India and stayed with me for more than year now. Within this one year he traveled thrice to UK and moved to Tier 2 General(from within UK). Last Thursday he moved to UK back.

1. On September 18th 2015, my USA tourist visa got rejected under section 214(b). Will that be a problem for UK tier 2 dependent visa? What supporting document do i have to provide in this case?

2. As my husband just reached there and he is staying in a shared accommodation, we don't have a rent agreement.

3. For language test: When i check the points calculator, for my UG degree i'm getting 10 points. But for my PG degree its giving me 0 points. I have asked my university to provide me a certificate stating language used to taught is English. Will that be sufficient? Or Do i have to send the same and get a certificate from NARIC? is language test mandatory for Tier 2 general dependents.

4. Supporting documents which i'm planning to provide. Please let us know if i need to support any other documents.
a. My husband's notarized passport all pages
b. My husband's notarized BRP Card
c. CoS and Maintenance letter from A rated company
d. Marriage certificate
e. Marriage invitation
f. marriage bills
g. 10 marriage photos
h. My TB test report
i. Whats app chat for last 3 months
j. Phone logs for last one month (as we are living together, we dont call often and used whatsapp alot)
k. NOC letter from my husband
l. Covering letter and Sponsorship letter from my letter
m. My original passport

4. When i check with one consultancy they asked me to submit the below documents as well.
a. As my husband just moved to UK, they wanted us to submit IT returns for Last year(2014)
b. P60 form for 2013, 2012
c. Relieving letter from Indian company
d. Bank statements

Thanks in advance.