ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sole Trader (Please Urgent Help Needed!)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan22
Newly Registered

Sole Trader (Please Urgent Help Needed!)

Post by khan22 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:29 am

Hi

My friend is applying for ILR in November. He is registered with HMRC as a sole trader during 2015. He is claiming half of the earning from sole trader and the other half from employment

Could someone please help and clarify:

What does net profit include for sole trade? My understanding is it is turnover-expenses?

It does not include the tax on profit or Class 2 or Class 4 NI which will be calculated and paid at the time of self-assessment.

What does the accountant letter include for the sole trader? Is there a template which he can use?

The guidance says Class 2 should be paid but from this tax year Class 2 will be collected at the time of self-assessment for sole traders.

Senior members please help and advise!!

Thanks.

Regards

Kmaj007
BANNED

Re: Sole Trader (Please Urgent Help Needed!)

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:16 pm

@Khan22

C'mon dude, spent few pennies and get services of an Accountant for your FRIEND offcourse

quadusa

Post by quadusa » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:39 pm

I will also recommend you use an accountant. However

Revenue/Sales/Turnover
- Expenses
- Taxes
==========
Net Profit
==========

khan22
Newly Registered

Post by khan22 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.

He is using an accountant.

The accountant has confirmed that for sole trader accounts net profit calculation does not include Class 2 or Class 4 NI as these are personal taxes not taxes on the business income.

I am also an accountant I agree with his accountant but when I see guidance it say Class 2 should have been paid but from this tax year the payment of Class 2 has changed and it is now collected with self-assessment.

Any senior members, Amber please help.