ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(IED) processed and passports returned

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MWazir
Diamond Member

FLR(IED) processed and passports returned

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:35 am

Dear all,

My passport has been returned after filing for FLR based on HSMP approval. I havent seen it yet as I am in office and my wife just called to give me the news.

The details of my application are as follows:

Date of application: 18th Nov 2004
Payment deducted: 19th Nov 2004
Urgent Treatment Form faxed on 6th December
Application processed on: 7th December
Passports recieved: 8th December

Many thanks to this forum for the support and the information I have learned over the last few months. It has been of immeasurable value to me.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:46 am

Congrats mwazir :)

So r u going on a vacation .... for christmas

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:48 am

Thanks ND :)

No vacation for me, there is a lot of activity in office on account of company closure and redundencies. I am waiting for those formalities to be completed.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:50 am

Ookay. 8)

So what did u fax the urgent treatment form for ? I though u have planned holiday during chirstmas :lol:

baskey

Post by baskey » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:05 am

congrats mwazir!.

Is your FLR(IED ) for one year or three years?. Any way, it is good that HO acted so promptly in your case. Can you share with us what is the reason requested for urgent treatment? Also have you attached any flight ticket as well?

regards

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:09 pm

The urgent treatment form was for change of employment based on HSMP approval.

I called up the in country team and the guy who spoke to me was very polite and patient. I asked him a number of questions. Maybe someone else can benefit from this.

I explained to him that my ack letter had not reached me and I was worried. He confirmed my application is with them i.e reached sheffield from cannock. Also gave me my payment reference number.

I then explained to him that I am on a work permit for the last 2.5 years and my job will be terminated soon. Despite having an approval letter, I could not take up other employment because my passport was with them. I also found it difficult approaching prospective employers and explain that my current leave to remain is still being processed and I dont have any idea when my passports will be returned or if at all I get permission to work (as it is subjective to successful processing). I also said by implication that means although I have permission to stay in the country while the application is processed it would also leave me unemployable for the next 2 months and that was not a position I would like to be in.

He asked me to send an urgent treatment form and check the "others" option and state change of employment based on HSMP approval, state when I want the passport back by (I said the 17th of Dec) and it will be considered. I send the fax on monday. No proof was required in this case as I was asking for urgency based on my current circumstances. I called up after a couple of hours and some other guy answered the phone but confirmed that my urgent request has been accepted. Passport came back in 48 hours and thats very pleasing to see.

Additionally for those interested I also mentioned that at the end of 1 year HSMP I would have completed 3.5 years out of 4 needed for settlement and would have to apply for a 3 year extension when in effect 6 months is all I need. Would it possible for them to give 1.5 year on the visa. He said it was a common question asked but as of now they have no such provision and I would unfortunatly have to apply for extension again at the end of my visa.

I hope that helps :)

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:00 pm

Mwazir - this is excellent news that will help me too!

I am here originally on work permit - since 2001. My company was planning to make my group redundant by the end of June 2004 - which they subsequently did. I applied for HSMP in April but didn't get the approval until the beginning of October. However, in August I found a job with another company who transferred my pre-existing work permit to themselves. Sadly, this company was not a good fit for me at all for me and we parted ways in November.

I quickly sent my FLR app for HSMP but am now facing at least 3 months of unemployment based on the current turn-around times for FLR + time to get a new job once I get my FLR stamp. What makes it all worse is that by the time I get my FLR/passport back I will be eligble to apply for ILR since I will have been here 3yrs + 11mos but without a job by then I will not be able to show I'm 'economically active'. But now I'm going to submit an urgent request like you did selecting Other.

You have no idea how you've made my day! :D

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:09 pm

I am just as glad that this is of help to someone :)

And to add, I know just how frustrating it is when you are waiting for your passports, you know you will have the right to work based on your documents but you cant, and its draining your savings while all you can do is twiddle your thumbs.
Last edited by MWazir on Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:13 pm

Wazir,
Congrats. As I understand u got a 6 month extension instead of the normal 3 year extension. So any urgent treatment form gets a 6 month extension only leaving us to re apply again after 6 months,, right!

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:14 pm

In the explanation for Other on the urgent form, did you add a further explanation other than the 'employment based on HSMP approval' as suggested by the HO employee? I'm not sure how much of my sob story :wink: to put down.

thanks in advance,
m. (wish you could see my big grin :D )

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:15 pm

Rog,

I got a normal 1 year FLR as per the HSMP approval.

The visa stamp says "Resident Permit" Limited Leave to remain and ofcourse no recourse to public funds. Stamped between 7 Dec 2004 to 7 Dec 2005.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:21 pm

marr1a wrote:In the explanation for Other on the urgent form, did you add a further explanation other than the 'employment based on HSMP approval' as suggested by the HO employee? I'm not sure how much of my sob story :wink: to put down.

thanks in advance,
m. (wish you could see my big grin :D )
My exact words were: "Change of employment based on HSMP appoval. Passports required by 17 December 2004".

I sent no additional documents. Make sure you call them up in a couple of hours and ask them if they can acknowledge your fax and if it will be treated urgently. You will need to tell the same details you mention in the fax plus the fax number you sent it to. Have your payment reference number ready before you when you make the call.

raj

Post by raj » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:26 pm

MWazir,

congrats,

did u only sent the urgent treatment form or u also sent any proof as well for convincing that u have got other job offers!!

regds
raj
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:29 pm

No I did not send any job offers. When I spoke to the HO guy I said job offers were untenable while my status remain unknown to prospective employers.

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:00 pm

Mwazir-

Sorry to be bothering you with so many questions, but which phone number did you call? On the receipt acknowledment letter that you unfortunately never received they list the following in the letterhead only:

0114 274 3304 and 0114 259 5777

thx
m.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:03 pm

marr1a wrote:Mwazir-

Sorry to be bothering you with so many questions, but which phone number did you call? On the receipt acknowledment letter that you unfortunately never received they list the following in the letterhead only:

0114 274 3304 and 0114 259 5777

thx
m.
No problems with the questions, ask as many as you like. This forum is for that purpose only, so that we can learn and benefit from each others experience.

The fax number is mentioned in the FLR(IED) guidelines notes on page 18

I quote the same
In-Country Operational Team (M-Z and HSMP applicants)

Telephone: 0114 274 3304 or 0114 274 3305
Fax: 0114 274 3101 or 0114 274 3102
E-mail: Ops2.In-Country@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:06 pm

Excellent. Thank you very much! :D

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:19 pm

Thanks mwazir.

you gave a very detailed explanation and this will help so many members in this forum.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:27 pm

ND,

I believe your situation is somewhat similair to mine. You are moving from work permit to HSMP. The only difference is your employer is not folding business like mine but is doing well and wants you to continue working :) I cant tell you how much I missed having that kind of cushion. The immigration status anxiety is over now its time for the job anxiety to take over :lol:

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:11 pm

Yes i am sailing in the same boat except that my employer wants me to stay with them am i want to take up new job ... anyway i will stay with current employer for couple more months. :)

The job market is good so u need not worry about it.

speed
Newly Registered

Post by speed » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:08 pm

Hi Mwazir

How to get payment ref number for FLR.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:19 pm

It should be mentioned in the letter sent to you after payment has been deducted. Have you recieved that letter?

speed
Newly Registered

Post by speed » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:37 pm

When should i expect the letter FLR team got my Application today. I have paid by Credit Card

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:43 pm

Payment will be deducted in a day or two. Its only after the payment has been processed successfully that they will send out the letter. So I would say wait for a few days.

speed
Newly Registered

Post by speed » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:45 pm

mwazir wrote:Payment will be deducted in a day or two. Its only after the payment has been processed successfully that they will send out the letter. So I would say wait for a few days.

Thanks