ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i travel to uk

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maya nalya

Re: urgent help

Post by maya nalya » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Today I made that huge decision I have been afraid to make for months, I woke up in the morning and decided I need to get my husband help. I called 111 and other mental health institutes and I managed to get him help, two police men and two doctors came to the house and took him to the hosptial, he will stay there until they think his fine. But my solictor told me I need to get letter from them to show his in hosptial, I don't why.

Thank you nathan for bearing with me all this time and giving me the right advise, you truly blessed. Thanks

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Sorry the name is noajthan not nathan, thanks alot

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:01 am

maya nalya wrote:Today I made that huge decision I have been afraid to make for months, I woke up in the morning and decided I need to get my husband help. I called 111 and other mental health institutes and I managed to get him help, two police men and two doctors came to the house and took him to the hosptial, he will stay there until they think his fine. But my solictor told me I need to get letter from them to show his in hosptial, I don't why.

Thank you nathan for bearing with me all this time and giving me the right advise, you truly blessed. Thanks
That must have been very challenging and stressful.
Hope you and husband can find peace & a peaceful place.

You may have time now to gain strength and find your focus.

With all the case law behind you I am sure you can obtain confirmation of your status in UK;
(if not PR immediately then definitely a RC and a path to PR).
- as well as legitimately obtaining the financial & other assistance you may need at the moment.

Make sure you have a solicitor up to the job and working for you!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:37 am

I will try find the help needed and as of hosptial letter i dont know why my solictor need it because eea2 application they only need papers for the member country he worked in

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:39 pm

My husband has been admitted to mental health hospital since 1 October 2015, he was first at Penn hospital Wolverhampton but was transfer to Heath lane hospital in west Bromwich, my land lord wants the house keys tomorrow at 2 pm, he had given me a one week notice. His doctor told me to go to citizen advise bureau when I was trying to find accommodation in charities places, I'm really confused. My husband is in hospital and I was not working here since my solicitor keeps adding more and more time to send to my eea2 application, I arrived here 24 May 2015 and went to her 20 June. She tells me she will send it in two weeks time, I don't know what is wrong with her considering my visa will expire November 24. I am scared my application maybe rejected.
I have a question
my British citizen husband is sick and can not care for the child, his mentally ill so Will I be helped by the council?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:09 pm

maya nalya wrote:My husband has been admitted to mental health hospital since 1 October 2015, he was first at Penn hospital Wolverhampton but was transfer to Heath lane hospital in west Bromwich, my land lord wants the house keys tomorrow at 2 pm, he had given me a one week notice. His doctor told me to go to citizen advise bureau when I was trying to find accommodation in charities places, I'm really confused. My husband is in hospital and I was not working here since my solicitor keeps adding more and more time to send to my eea2 application, I arrived here 24 May 2015 and went to her 20 June. She tells me she will send it in two weeks time, I don't know what is wrong with her considering my visa will expire November 24. I am scared my application maybe rejected.
I have a question
my British citizen husband is sick and can not care for the child, his mentally ill so Will I be helped by the council?
You don't need a 'visa' - you have residency rights already.
Any RC you apply for is just as a convenient way to confirm it & prove it.

Don't forget you are safely resident in UK & your husband does not have to be working for you to have those rights.
It is because you came to UK by the Surinder Singh route as well as rights based on the case law of Eind.

Yes, you should be able to apply for assistance from the council and benefits agencies.
Your local Citizen's Advice Bureau should be able to help you access these things.
(Don't forget to explain to them you came UK to via Surinder Singh & have rights on that basis, as well as due to Eind).

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:35 pm

Thank you noajthan I deeply appreciate
Before my husband was admitted to hospital we went to council but they refused to pay for the house because I was staying there. They kept saying I had no national insurance number so I was not entitled to any benefits, and the only way the council would pay the house was if my daughter and her father were to stay in the house without me since they are British citizen. But how I can leave my 13 month old daughter with a sick father? That was so unfair. I'm stuck, tomorrow the landlord needs the key or will change the locks yet my husband is not well to reason at this moment.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:54 pm

maya nalya wrote:Thank you noajthan I deeply appreciate
Before my husband was admitted to hospital we went to council but they refused to pay for the house because I was staying there. They kept saying I had no national insurance number so I was not entitled to any benefits, and the only way the council would pay the house was if my daughter and her father were to stay in the house without me since they are British citizen. But how I can leave my 13 month old daughter with a sick father? That was so unfair. I'm stuck, tomorrow the landlord needs the key or will change the locks yet my husband is not well to reason at this moment.
The council doesn't seem to know their stuff.

See this advice from Shelter, it's quite clear:
http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advic ... ly_members
Who counts as a family member of an EU or EEA national

You count as a family member of an EU or EEA national if you are their:
husband, wife or civil partner

If you are the family member of a British citizen, you don't count as the family member of an EU or EEA national unless they were working or self-employed in a different EEA country and you lived there with them before you returned to the UK as a family.
Homelessness rights of family members

If you are homeless, you are eligible for assistance from the council in your own right if you are the family member of an EU or EEA national who is a worker or self-employed or has a permanent right to reside in the UK.

This applies even if you are a national of a country outside the EU or EEA
If the council won't help

For housing advice, call Shelter's helpline on 0808 800 4444. Use Shelter's directory to find local advice.

You must act quickly to challenge the council's decision if the council tells you in writing that you are not eligible for assistance. You have only 21 days to ask for a review. Call Civil Legal Advice if you qualify for legal aid.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:07 pm

Another option...
Are you someone with social care needs?

If you are homeless and destitute and
  • have children in your family or household
then even if you are not entitled to council housing or benefits, you may be able to get limited help with housing and financial support from your local council.

You must ask for this help from the social services department.

The law on this is complex and you should seek legal advice and help before making an application if you can.
http://www.housing-rights.info/02_11_Pe ... l_care.php

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:11 pm

I will share few word, although I guess it may have been shared already.

Stick to Surinder Singh. It offers you greater rights and security . FLR (FP) or even Zambrano will succeed, but it is an utter waste of time.

The council are wrong to refuse you housing . You are a family member of a migrant worker, who returned home. They were wrong to refuse you.

For as long as he remains in the UK, you will be able to benefit from Surinder singh, and you could even succeed in retaining your right of residence, if things don't work out.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Not knowledgeable enough to give you advice. But I felt really bad for your situation.
Call the number in Noajthan's post 0808 800 4444.
And I wish you would have good help you needed very very soon. And wish you and your little baby safe and sound and in good hands!

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Hello all

Today since morning I was busy trying to find a way out, I called the number given to me yesterday and explained everything to them and then I was told to go to Civic Centre (City Council) Wolverhampton. I went there immediately but to my disappointment the housing option you only talk to them on the phone. I went to Citizen Advice Bureau for advice and after talking to them, they decided the right thing was to contact the Civic Centre (City Council), so I was told to go there and meet with one lady, her name was written on a paper for me, I don't know why but that instant I felt God's presence and I felt relaxed. I went back in a jovial mood but sadly, no one was there to see or talk to me, I was up and down to the reception area trying hard to get a way through and still they wouldn't see me or give a queue number, I was told to call again which I did I don't know for how times. I went back to Citizen Advice Bureau and was told that everything is in my husband's name there was nothing they could do unless he's to make the claims himself, he needs to do it himself if we need help with house rent.
Such a long stressful day, nothing gained.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Have you called the charity Shelter on the number you've been given 0808 800 4444. ?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:32 pm

maya nalya wrote:Hello all

Today since morning I was busy trying to find a way out, I called the number given to me yesterday and explained everything to them and then I was told to go to Civic Centre (City Council) Wolverhampton. I went there immediately but to my disappointment the housing option you only talk to them on the phone. I went to Citizen Advice Bureau for advice and after talking to them, they decided the right thing was to contact the Civic Centre (City Council), so I was told to go there and meet with one lady, her name was written on a paper for me, I don't know why but that instant I felt God's presence and I felt relaxed. I went back in a jovial mood but sadly, no one was there to see or talk to me, I was up and down to the reception area trying hard to get a way through and still they wouldn't see me or give a queue number, I was told to call again which I did I don't know for how times. I went back to Citizen Advice Bureau and was told that everything is in my husband's name there was nothing they could do unless he's to make the claims himself, he needs to do it himself if we need help with house rent.
Such a long stressful day, nothing gained.
Don't give up.

How about getting in touch with this organisation - they are based in Wolverhampton:
http://www.rmcentre.org.uk/contact

They are closed on Wednesdays but they have an 'open surgery' every other weekday morning.
ADVICE AND GUIDANCE SERVICE

We offer free impartial advice and guidance on:
~ Citizenship
~ Access to Education
~ Employment Support
~ Family support
~ Access to Healthcare
~ Housing
~ Immigration (OISC regulated)
~ National Asylum Support Service issues
~ Voluntary Returns and Reintegration Assistance
~ Welfare benefits

... assist asylum seekers, refugees and new migrants, but also people from the more established BME communities. Around half of our clients are from the EU.

Our service users come from 120 countries, with the main communities originating from Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Zimbabwe, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia and Eritrea as well as from the new EU member states, mainly from Lithuania, Poland, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic and Romania.

We provide a tailored service for each individual or family and all aspects of our service are thoroughly recorded and monitored.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Yes I called 0808 800 4444 and was told to contact city council
Thanks about the link you sent but I was there before with husband when council refused to pay our house rent, and I was advised to apply for national insurance number, they told even if I'm not given and I have the refusal letter the council will pay, I did apply and was given appointment on the 1st of October, but on that day I could not leave the house because two doctors and two police men came to my house to take my husband to hospital, I had no chance to leave the house because I was to be present and answer some questions, I contacted my solicitor after who told me that if my reason for applying is working I have a month before my visa expires so I need to wait to apply until she sends my eea2 application

maya nalya

Re: urgent help help help

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:26 pm

help help help

I have a huge problem, the landlord threw me out of the house and I was left with no other option but go to homeless centre, reaching there I was told I won't be helped since I had no national insurance number and that social services help people who are in my situation, people with no recourse to public funds, I was then sent to hotel to stay for a few days until a social worker contacts me, its now three days no one has contacted, I have talked to my solicitor and I'm scared to death by what she told me, everything happening at the moment may affect my application since my husband is in hospital and I am homeless and the social services are in the picture, so if my husband is sick then I have no reason to be here, but how can? I am really scared if that's the case then my child will be taken away from me, that is so frightening, I hope my child is not taken away from me. I guess I need to find my way out of this country, since my application case will be refused, can anyone advise me please

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:47 pm

I am sweating with fear as I'm scared of what may happen, I truly wish someone can reply me please

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:59 pm

maya nalya wrote:I am sweating with fear as I'm scared of what may happen, I truly wish someone can reply me please
You are having a hard & horrible time.
Do you have a friend or supporter you can turn to?
Are you a member of a church or other religious group?

You need someone to accompany you & speak up & work on your behalf.

Are you in the Wolverhampton area?
You have to try & make social services work for you...
https://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/articl ... nd-support
(they have an emergency/ out of hours number)

Can you try calling the Shelter number again: 0808 800 4444.

Also suggest try going to this centre tomorrow, there is a drop-in surgery in the morning:
http://www.rmcentre.org.uk/contact

Don't forget you are entitled to be here resident in UK, through your husband (due to your Surinder Singh route & Eind).
Your husband does not have to be working for you to receive support :!:
You don't need a visa :!:

Don't give up.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:03 pm

maya nalya wrote:I am sweating with fear as I'm scared of what may happen, I truly wish someone can reply me please
The lawyer is the problem . You are a person with an enforceable right under community law , as the spouse of a returning migrant.

Your lawyer could have got an interim relief from the court, for the local authority to house you.

You are clearly entitled to public funds , you are not an asylum seeker or an illegal immigrant. They are wrong to classify you as such.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Thanks alot but my lawyer seem to do nothing, anything I tell her she keeps telling me will affect my application. She does nothing to help me find solutions and about social workers I have had so much bad things about them, i have no one I know here in uk. I will try contact the organisation now.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:22 pm

maya nalya wrote:Thanks alot but my lawyer seem to do nothing, anything I tell her she keeps telling me will affect my application. She does nothing to help me find solutions and about social workers I have had so much bad things about them, i have no one I know here in uk. I will try contact the organisation now.
Well for what its worth you have people here.

However hard it is, do try to reach out to any community organisation or group that could help you - you do need friends in person.

If you are religious (or even if you are not) a church or temple or mosque may be able to offer some support and sanctuary. No harm in asking.

You may wish to find another legal representative too.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:40 pm

maya nalya wrote:Thanks alot but my lawyer seem to do nothing, anything I tell her she keeps telling me will affect my application. She does nothing to help me find solutions and about social workers I have had so much bad things about them, i have no one I know here in uk. I will try contact the organisation now.
I very much sympathise with your case and the hardship you gave and continue to face.

Had you been residing within my geographical boundary , I would not have mind , probably coming out the shadows and helping you.

Every aspect of your case appears extremely distressing to me, and not withstanding the Zenophobic atmosphere in the UK, I don't think the situation has quite disintegrate tegrate to the extent that your difficulties is normal.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:29 pm

I really appreciate the advise and support I get from q forum, I always seem to relax for awhile when I get help from each and everyone of you here, I really feel safe here.
I really want to know about the chances I have of getting help and how home office may treat my case.
Because my solicitor told if your husband is in hospital and you have no place to stay and him have no way of working since it may take him alot of time then I have no reason to stay that left me scared

I

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Totally , completely , utterly rubbish. The lawyer does not know what she is doing. Just pray that she does not sleep work you to the plane.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:33 pm

Dear Maya, as Obie has told you, your solicitor is wrong. Can you show her the advice you've been given on the forum? noajthan has given you the contact details for a migrant centre local to you who have a drop-in surgery tomorrow morning. They offer free advice and you will see from the website link that noajthan has posted that they say:
"RMC provides free information, advice and support for some of the most vulnerable people in our society regardless of their immigration status or background"
Please do contact them.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.