ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement met via PBS Calculator printout

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crowbar6
Member of Standing

English Language requirement met via PBS Calculator printout

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:17 am

Hello forum members,

I've finally decided to apply for Naturalization and was going through the Form AN (May 2015). In order to meet the English Language requirements, I intend to submit my original Bachelor's degree which shows that I graduated with a Computer engineering degree from University of Mumbai (4 year course) in 2002. I've checked the PBS calculator, and it does award 10 points for the above degree.

However, there appears to some conflict - Booklet AN (June 2015)doesn't mention the PBS calculator printout as an option at all in Section 8, whereas Guide AN (July 2015) does mention this in Section 3: Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK.

Q.1 Are PBS printouts still accepted as valid proof as mentioned in Guide AN?

If the above answer is yes, then I need help to figure out which option I should select in Form AN please? I see the following options:
I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification (Go to question 1.23)

Or

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada);

Or

I am a national of a majority English speaking country;

Or

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;

Or

I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons on page 24. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

Further guidance about the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement can be found in the Guide and Booklet AN that accompanies this form. Additional information can also be found on our website.
Q.2 Assuming answer to Q.1 above is yes, then which is the correct option for my circumstances above please?

Apologies in advance if this question has been answered before but I just want to be sure given the ever changing requirements from UKBA on this point.

Kind Regards,
Regards,
crowbar6

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: English Language requirement met via PBS Calculator prin

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:08 am

Forum members,

I would sincerely appreciate a response please.

Thanks.
Regards,
crowbar6

vedcyru
Newly Registered

Re: English Language requirement met via PBS Calculator prin

Post by vedcyru » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi,
I have same doubts as you had mentioned.
But I don't see any response to your query here.
Can you let me know what had option you selected (assuming you have submitted your application).
Thanks.