ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Homeoffice Application Reference Number

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eclairs

Homeoffice Application Reference Number

Post by eclairs » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Hello everyone,

My current Tier-1 General visa is expiring on 25th October and I am planning to apply for my ILR via postal application on Friday, 22nd October so that the application can reach home office before my visa expires. Unfortunately, I don't have an option of going for the Premium Same day appointment at PEO as I am falling short of less than a week for the 5 years residency requirement, and hoping that postal application will cover that shortfall.

The problem I have is with my employment where my employer is not willing to extend my employment contract until I submit the Home Office confirmation letter on my ILR application. Apparently, due to the recent changes by HMRC, employers need to have the Home Office application reference number to validate the "Right to Work in the UK" before offering a job. Without the reference number, they are not willing to extend my employment contract and threatening that I will lose my job.

I would like to understand how long it will take to get the HO confirmation letter after submitting the ILR application. If the HO letter takes few days to come through, is there an option to phone HO and find out the application reference number?

I would really appreciate senior members on this forum to shed some light on this issue.

Thanks very much in advance.

Kmaj007
BANNED

Re: Homeoffice Application Reference Number

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:12 pm

It varies, in some cases it comes in a weeks time, but there are several cases where acknowledgment comes with Biometric Request which on average took 2 weeks

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Not me again wrote:It varies, in some cases it comes in a weeks time, but there are several cases where acknowledgment comes with Biometric Request which on average took 2 weeks
Hi Not me again, Thanks for your reply.

Do you know if there is a way to phone HO and ask for the reference number? Can it be done?

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:52 pm

I would really appreciate comments from anyone had similar issue in the past... Thanks