ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for 1st British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sak0909
Newly Registered

Applying for 1st British passport

Post by sak0909 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Hello Folks,
I'm applying for my first British passport. My ILR is on my expired passport. So should I include both the expired and current passport along with the application or just the current one?

The guide mentions to include only the uncanceled passports.
But I carry both my expired passport and the current one during any border crossing, as the ILR visa is on the expired one. So not sure what to do. Has anyone been in the similar situation before?

Thanks,
Sak

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for 1st British passport

Post by CR001 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Have you applied for naturalisation as a British citizen and attended your ceremony already? Not sure if that is what you mean by 'applying British passport'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sak0909
Newly Registered

Post by sak0909 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi,
Yes. Got the naturalisation certificate and completed the citizenship ceremony. Now filling the form for British passport application.

This query is regarding section 3B (sending uncancelled passports along with the application)

Cheers,
Sak

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:51 am

You need to send all uncancelled passports. Page 12 and 13 of the guide booklet has a table indicating what needs to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spiedze
Newly Registered

Post by spiedze » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:21 am

sak0909 wrote:Hi,
Yes. Got the naturalisation certificate and completed the citizenship ceremony. Now filling the form for British passport application.

This query is regarding section 3B (sending uncancelled passports along with the application)

Cheers,
Sak

My understanding is that uncancelled passports are ALL your passports, including expired ones. Unless they have been cancelled by the governemtn of the issuing country.

tripping

Post by tripping » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Sak,

I sent in both my cancelled passport (corners cut off) and current passport, as my cancelled passport has my first UK entry date. Just to ease your mind, send both in mate. Less stress and unnecessary worry.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi,

Once after receiving the citizenship ceremony Certificate need to apply for my 1st British Passport. It would be great if someone can help me with my doubts.
1) Do I need to send the original certificate and un cancelled passports?
2) coming to un cancelled passports, I have 2 Indian passports. the 1st one is the proof for my entry to UK. It was expired and I had to get the 2nd and the new passport. Do I need to send both the passports?
3) Do I need to enter the details of both the passports in my application? If so is there any order to write the new one first or the old one first?
4) Do I need to send any pre paid postal envelope to receive these documents back?

I request your kind help
thanks in advance

Regards,
Deepa

blooms

Post by blooms » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:55 pm

I just sent in my current passport. I didn't send in my expired passport which has my UK entry visa and stamp on it.

Everything went fine. I now have a British passport.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi,
When we apply for british passport, in section 4 they have asked grand parents details. Neither me nor my parents know the birth date or the marriage date of my grand parents.so in this case how do I give the details.
Can anyobe tell me about this.

Thank you
Deepa

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:32 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:Hi,
When we apply for british passport, in section 4 they have asked grand parents details. Neither me nor my parents know the birth date or the marriage date of my grand parents.so in this case how do I give the details.

Thank you
If applying as a recently-naturalised citizen this grandparent information is not vital.

You can put "Not Known".
(if no space put a note in the 'additional info' section of form or in a brief covering note).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Thank you
In my application, I put in words to the effect of "Grandparents details not required as citizenship acquired through naturalisation". I got my passport successfully.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi,

When filling the application for 1st British Passport, under SECTION 4 PARENT'S DETAILS
there are 4 boxes. Next to those 4 boxes, they say do not cross boxes to the left. they are intentionally blank.
Are they referring to those 4 boxes if I am not wrong?
please let me know as I do not want to make any mistakes in my application.

thanks in advance,
Regards
Deepa

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:23 pm

When filling the application for 1st British Passport, under SECTION 4 PARENT'S DETAILS
there are 4 boxes. Next to those 4 boxes, they say do not cross boxes to the left. they are intentionally blank.
Are they referring to those 4 boxes if I am not wrong?
please let me know as I do not want to make any mistakes in my application.

thanks in advance,
Regards
Yes they're referring to the 4 boxes on the left of that notice.

I believe they have just been placed there as place holders for the page/section.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Thank you
Deepa

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi,
In the British passport application there is a colour to fill about the the certificate of Naturalisation.
They are asking for the place of issue. I received my certificate in Hornchurch, havering council. So what should be my answer to this in place of issue.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Deepa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:53 pm

In the British passport application there is a colour to fill about the the certificate of Naturalisation.
They are asking for the place of issue. I received my certificate in Hornchurch, havering council. So what should be my answer to this in place of issue.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
HOME OFFICE LONDON - exactly as it says it on your certificate, in the middle, in capital letters.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Thank you
Deepa