ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spuse visa from Albania .... contd.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abbs33
Newly Registered

Spuse visa from Albania .... contd.

Post by abbs33 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:31 pm

Hi all, as some of you know I was married on 30th Aug 07 to an Albanian. Missing him very much as we have been apart now since the 2nd September...too long..... so I am heading out the around the 17th October for a few days. He rang today to tell me that he was in the embassy today and all UK visas for marriage were refused. He said there is a new man in there dealing with them and he is causing all kinds of problems. He even refuses some of the men based on the fact they did not have their wives with them!! So I am going to go out on the 7th November, as he has his interview on the 8th November 07.

Has anyone else heard of this in Albania? We have all relevant documentation, we are a genuine couple and love each other very much, my son is missing him too. Can they really be so cruel to couples who are genuine. There was one english woman there today crying and saying she will take them to court!! she must be so frustrated....

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:32 pm

would love to hear of other recent experiences.

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi im really sorry to hear that, im now worried as im flying out there on Sunday to marry my albanian fiance in the hope of him coming back on a spouse visa.
I dont understand how they can just refuse people like that, there must be an uproar at the embassy. What other reasons are they refusing for? surely they've got to have genuine reasons?
I really hope your husband comes back ok and has no problems hopefully they might come to their senses before his interview....

Hannah x

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:59 am

Lets hppe so. Good luck for your trip on sunday, I hope you enjoy your wedding. Have you booked your online appointment for you to make the application?

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:05 am

Well we have booked an appointment for wednesday and have done the visa application online so fingers crossed everythin will go smoothly now...

Im so worried now,i just feel so sorry for the people who got refused, i can't imagine getting a phone call from my fiance to say that his visa got refused. i dont know what i'd do.

Is your husband really worried now? Do you know if there is an appeal process if they do say no and if it is worth appealing? x

clairey

Post by clairey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:00 am

Is this new man your husband mentioned Albanian or British? If he is Albanian, is he short and does he wear glasses? 'Cos if it's the guy I'm thinking of, he is well known at the embassy for causing trouble out of spite. Can you ask him for me, I'd be interested to know.

I know it's hard, but try not to worry too much. Getting worked up over your application isn't a good idea. Good luck to you all.
Claire x

arti
Newly Registered

Post by arti » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:12 am

i dont know what is going on at the british embassy in tirana but i heard that are refusing people for silly reasons. i applied for a marriage visa over two years ago and it wasnt so hard to get it. i went there with a friend in august and a heard a man saying that he had been refused 4 times.

clairey

Post by clairey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:17 am

I agree - something very strange is going on there. As I said in another post, they used to reply to emails and accepted phone calls, but not any more.

hignfu
Newly Registered

Post by hignfu » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:19 pm

Hello everyone,

This is not at all what I wanted to hear, my husband has his interview on Monday and I am going out there to be with him. We have been apart for nearly 6 weeks now and have been hoping that he will get his visa and be able to fly home with me.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope we all have a happy ending!

Will let you know an update when I get back

Kind Regards
E
x

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:09 pm

i wish u all the best!!! Please get in touch when u have a result. I am going out on the 18th October. Cant wait.
Jan

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:24 am

UK visas for marriage were refused
Try not to worry surely they have to of had genuine reasons to refuse them. And they can be overturned on appeal.

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Just had great news form 'Katirepig' her husband was granted his visa. Good luck to the both of them. Makes me feel better about the process.

hignfu
Newly Registered

Post by hignfu » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi

As promised I have an update, my husbands interview was on Monday and visa was issued the same day!!!

All the best
x

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:15 pm

Great one!!! Congrats.. lets hope the rest are lucky too!!
:D

Its just that long wait until the interview day, then they make you wait until 3pm ish that day to put your mind at ease!!!

clairey

Post by clairey » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:43 am

Congratulations! I remember hanging round Tirana all day waiting for my hubby's visa to be issued - it was freezing cold and we ended up going to the cinema to take our minds off things! His was the last visa issued that day and we had to rush to the Alitalia office to confirm our flights home (2 days before Christmas!).

Best of luck to everyone still waiting for theirs.

charliegal

Post by charliegal » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:21 pm

Best of luck! Me and my husband were apart 8 weeks until he got his visa but it worked out fine in the end! Fingers crossed for you all xxx

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:10 pm

Okay....quick update. Got back on Sunday. God, it is cold there now....lol
His appointment is on 8th Nov so flying out again on the 6th Nov. Going to take my son also as all the family there want to meet him! Probably wont post now until we get back on the 10th.....lets hope its good news!

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:54 am

Good luck, i really hope all goes well. x

SuzMcFluz
Newly Registered

Post by SuzMcFluz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi All. Good luck to those of you who are waiting for your interviews and contractulations to those that have now had Visas granted.

Can anyone give me some advice on this whole immigration process? I have just spent the last 6 weeks with my fiancee, first in Greece then in Albanina with his family. We have been to the embassey in Tirana a number of times and we are just starting to get our heads around this whole process! I am back in the UK at the moment, preparing the paperwork for our marriage and I am heading back to Albanina on 4 Nov. I have read the UK Visa website a number of times, and think I understand most of the process but everyone we speak to has conflicting information and with news of Visa's getting refused I'm really worried about us getting this right and having all the correct paperwork etc.

The couple of questions I have inittaly are:

Is it worth using an immigration lawyer?

From submitting your application on-line and then attending the embassy with your paper work, how long is the wait for an interview date?

Would be great to hear your experiences, it can feel quite lonley going through this sometimes.

Suz

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi Suz

I didnt hire an immigration lawyer and i dont think there is any reason to, if your gonna get married in Albania, u need a certificate of no impediment from your local registry office and a certified copy of your birth certificate, issued within the last month b4 the wedding date.
For the visa take house bills, bank statements, wage slips, proof of living together, photos of each other, u just need to prove that u are a genuine couple and that u can both support yourselves back in england.
I think the waiting time between doing the visa online and submitting your documents is about 3 weeks, its then about a 6 week wait till the interview. u can do the visa application online b4 you get married so you can try and get an interview date for just after you get married. u will also need to open up a file in the registry office in albania bout a month b4 u get married.
If you like you can email me on hannahdods27@hotmail.com with any questions cos i know how lonely it can feel and how stressful it all is. Im flying out to visit my hubby on saturday and coming back sunday, then flyin back out there on 27th november for his interview on 29th november.
I hope this helps, any questions please feel free to email me.

hannah x

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:10 pm

Inspite of all the chaos, thank your stars that UK is not Ireland! Even if someone is issued with a spouse visa by the Irish embassy, the partner still cannot live in Ireland if they don't move to Ireland from another European country.

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 am

It is good news!!! He had is interview on thursday, go his visa the same day and we flew home together on Saturday evening!!!

Please get in touch if you need any help. We couldnt have done it without the advice and support of the lovely people in this forum!! xx

clairey

Post by clairey » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:21 am

Congratulations abbs33!! Great news!

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:44 am

abbs33 wrote:It is good news!!! He had is interview on thursday, go his visa the same day and we flew home together on Saturday evening!!!

Please get in touch if you need any help. We couldnt have done it without the advice and support of the lovely people in this forum!! xx
was he asked any questions about his previous leave in the UK when u both went through passport control

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:40 am

WTG!!!! :D