ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BA Pass - University of Delhi - Statement of Comparability

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teekay125

BA Pass - University of Delhi - Statement of Comparability

Post by teekay125 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:12 pm

A quick question - even a short answer will be help

I have 3 year degree - BA Pass from Hindu College, Delhi University (DU) with Economics, Political Science, English and Hindi.

I have 1) degree, 2) statement of marks and 3) a letter from my college principal stating that the medium of instruction was English.

For my citizenship application language requirements, I want to apply for Statement of Comparability SoC from NARIC. If anyone has experience of SoC for BA Pass from DU, could you please share it?

I can benefit from your experience and avoid the 3 week delay + fees spend. Many thanks for your help!

PS: I will also apply for ELA from NARIC, which I believe should be fine.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Perhaps look here.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

teekay125

Is BA Pass degree comparable? (Delhi University)

Post by teekay125 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:35 pm

D4109125 wrote:Perhaps look here.
Thanks for the reply. The link you pointed has the University of Delhi listed, which by the way I also confirmed with NARIC over the phone today. What I could not find from them or anywhere else is if BA Pass degree (from DU) comparable. Someone must have been in similar situation and can please share their experience.

Or does it imply that ALL degrees from University of Delhi are come positive for SoC?

go-fish
Newly Registered

Re: Is BA Pass degree comparable? (Delhi University)

Post by go-fish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:53 pm

The link you pointed has the University of Delhi listed, which by the way I also confirmed with NARIC over the phone today. [/quote]

So when you called NARIC , they confirmed that its recognised and i nthe databased and there is no need to get SoC? I am in a similar situation and wanted to find out if my degree is listed in Point Based Calculator, do I need to get a SoC.

teekay125

Re: Is BA Pass degree comparable? (Delhi University)

Post by teekay125 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:49 pm

go-fish wrote:The link you pointed has the University of Delhi listed, which by the way I also confirmed with NARIC over the phone today.
So when you called NARIC , they confirmed that its recognised and i nthe databased and there is no need to get SoC? I am in a similar situation and wanted to find out if my degree is listed in Point Based Calculator, do I need to get a SoC.[/quote]

NARIC confirmed that DU is on their OKAY list but could not comment on the specific degrees hence the need for SoC is still there. In point based calculator, the BA Pass degree from Delhi University seems to be getting 10 points if it is for - Economics, Political Science, English but not for Arts and Humanities or for another language. It will make so much easier for me to know if anyone with exact degree has got all clear SoC.
Perhaps you could call me on 075 9596 5534 to have a quick chat?

teekay125

NARIC - SoC and ELA - BA Pass - University of Delhi

Post by teekay125 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi,

NARIC response for both SoC and ELA has been POSITIVE for BA Pass from University of Delhi. Thought of sharing it if it might benefit someone. Please note that I had to get a letter from the university / college to confirm that medium of instruction was English.

There has been some recent posts about Point Based Calculator being used to prove Language requirement. I was not clear and still don't know what the situation is. Didn't want to take any chances, so went ahead with both NARIC certificates.

By the way I went to submit my application via NCS and was told that UKBA had quite a rush (2000+ applications per day) in run up to last date before change of language requirements. Therefore they are currently running in arrears. People who submitted application 5 weeks ago have still not got fee deducted from their accounts!

Kaym

Post by Kaym » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi teekay

Did you get the letter from the College or from the University to confirm that medium of instruction was English ?

How much time it took and any charges ?

Thanks

teekay125

Post by teekay125 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Kaym wrote:Hi teekay

Did you get the letter from the College or from the University to confirm that medium of instruction was English ?

How much time it took and any charges ?

Thanks
Hey! Letter was from college principal, my batchmates were able to go and speak to him personally and get it issued for me. NARIC charges for SoC and ELA are standard on their site, I paid total around 118 quid. You have choice how much you pay for the postage of certificate to you. I had opted for special delivery next day before 1 PM, which I think cost me £8, included in above. Any questions, please feel free to ask or PM me.

BTW I had been to NCS today for submitting BC documents, all sorted for now. But I hear UKBA are overloaded thanks to rush of applications before change of KOLL rules in end of oct.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 pm

teekay125 wrote: Hey! Letter was from college principal, my batchmates were able to go and speak to him personally and get it issued for me. NARIC charges for SoC and ELA are standard on their site, I paid total around 118 quid. You have choice how much you pay for the postage of certificate to you. I had opted for special delivery next day before 1 PM, which I think cost me £8, included in above. .....
for 125 quids you could have done the trinity college b1 cefr test, which is accepted by Ukba, and saved yourself the hassle.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

raky35
Newly Registered

Request for help BA degree with Hindi subjects for UK ILR

Post by raky35 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 am

Hello , Sorry to bother you we are same situation what you were about degree ILR english test requirement, is there any way i can speak with you and get clarity .
My family member has BA degree from india university with subject are english , education ( taught in English) hindi, sanskrit , Please advice ur Skype id to speak to you.cheers ray Email

Moderator edit : personal contact information removed.
Last edited by CR001 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of personal contact information

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Re: BA Pass - University of Delhi - Statement of Comparabili

Post by drdh4 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi,

I graduated from DU aswell, and again it was a BA pass degree from CVS college. This is what I did for my PR-
In 2013 I got the certificate of comparability from NARIC (£54) with a letter from my college confirming the medium of instruction.

For my citizenship, I used the same certificate. Make sure you send your degree certificate with your documents.

Good luck.