ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Advice needed, please help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

A1ejazz
Newly Registered

Urgent Advice needed, please help!

Post by A1ejazz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:41 am

Dear senior members,
My husband has got naturalisation approval on 08/10/2015
we are still waiting for his ceremony invitation, may be will get in a couple of days.
My question is that, I got ILR in April 2015 and want to apply for naturalisation as a spouse of british citizen, before 5th of NOV, using my old English qualification (ESOL skills for life, level 1 = B2)

I know, I can send his "certificate of citizen" with my application, but we don't want to send the original as he needs it for passport application.
I don't want to waste £50 on ncs as it doesn't make any difference.
what should i do?
can I send the copy of naturalisation certifite and add a covering leter that I will send the complte photocopy of his british passport as soon as gets one or ncs is my only option?
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Advice needed, please help!

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:50 am

You may be over optimistic in your timescale. Unless your husband pays for a private ceremony, it will depend on how often the Council hold group ceremonies. These are generally arranged for when they have high enough numbers of participants and November 5th is only 3 weeks away and you say that your husband hasn't received his invitation letter yet.
I believe your only option will be to use the NCS if you don't want to submit your husband's original BC certificate (which he will need for his passport application).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:51 am

One other thing, don't wait for the council to call on the cermeony. I would suggest you call then and ask for the ceremony. It could be private or group..

On another note, as senior Cassa said, use the NCS as it will save lot of unnecessary hassles, such as immediate travel or documents go missing etc..

Hoe it helps

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:24 pm

A1ejazz wrote:Dear senior members,
My husband has got naturalisation approval on 08/10/2015
we are still waiting for his ceremony invitation, may be will get in a couple of days.
My question is that, I got ILR in April 2015 and want to apply for naturalisation as a spouse of british citizen, before 5th of NOV, using my old English qualification (ESOL skills for life, level 1 = B2)

I know, I can send his "certificate of citizen" with my application, but we don't want to send the original as he needs it for passport application.
I don't want to waste £50 on ncs as it doesn't make any difference.
what should i do?
can I send the copy of naturalisation certifite and add a covering leter that I will send the complte photocopy of his british passport as soon as gets one or ncs is my only option?
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
NCS for £50 sounds a good deal for the hassle & stress it will save you by decoupling the various applications you are trying to push through.

Trying for special treatment & sending documents in in dribs and drabs is likely to confuse the system & cause delay.
(Also shop around, maybe you can get a better deal in a different council).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

A1ejazz
Newly Registered

Post by A1ejazz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:50 pm

Thank you so much for such valueable advice :) :)
Much appreciated
Regards