ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - Self employed/contractor sponsor

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

namor
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - Self employed/contractor sponsor

Post by namor » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi There

This topic has been discussed previously, but given the thread was quite old i thought it would be better to start afresh.

(previous thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 42-20.html)

I am a contractor who has set up a limited company of which i am the only director, and only shareholder, and this has been going on for nearly 6 months.

I pay myself a salary above £20k and take the rest of the revenue as dividends.

I am hoping to apply for a spouse visa next month, by which time my earnings (salary + dividends) will be well over the required income threshold.

However looking at the rules for, it states that i will require full 12 months worth of documentation/tax return, which i will not have for another 6 months!

My question is, has anyone been able to successfully apply whist still being within their first financial year, and if so how?

From the previous thread, it seems one person managed to do so with supporting statement.

Thanks in advance

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Spouse visa - Self employed/contractor sponsor

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:23 pm

namor wrote: I pay myself a salary above £20k and take the rest of the revenue as dividends.
What about Corporation Tax and VAT? UKVI will check with HMRC.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

namor
Newly Registered

Post by namor » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:06 am

Wanderer wrote:
namor wrote: I pay myself a salary above £20k and take the rest of the revenue as dividends.
What about Corporation Tax and VAT? UKVI will check with HMRC.
all above board and being paid, mate :)

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:16 pm

namor wrote:
However looking at the rules for, it states that i will require full 12 months worth of documentation/tax return, which i will not have for another 6 months!

My question is, has anyone been able to successfully apply whist still being within their first financial year, and if so how?

For self employed to sponsor, you need at least 1 full tax year and must have paid your taxes for that year even if you have to pay them early.

6 months is for those who are PAYE.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf