ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect Passport Number on Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirlim

Incorrect Passport Number on Schengen Visa

Post by sirlim » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:55 pm

Hello there! I got issued my schengen visa from the French consulate in London. I thought all was good, until I found out that they made a slight mistake with my passport number. It's weird considering that I wrote the correct passport number on my application form. How worried should I be? I notice that the machine-readable lines at the bottom don't say anything about the passport number.

vinny

Re: Incorrect Passport Number on Schengen Visa

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:45 am

Your passport number is obvious, without referring to the application form.

I think you should get them to correct it. Else, some sharp eyed Border control officials may think that it's a forgery.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:13 pm

call the French embassy before your travel and tell them they make mistake about your passport number .they will cancel the visa sticker and put another sticker with right details as visa sticker can not be amended .
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

grover.geetesh
Newly Registered

Post by grover.geetesh » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:01 am

Hi Sirlim,

My wife has same problem with her visa, there is typo for 1 digit of passport number. Could you let me know how did get it resolved or have you faced any problems during immigration?

Regards
Geetesh