ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Sponsorship change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhana2k
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - Sponsorship change

Post by dhana2k » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:43 am

Hello Experts

When my present Tier 2 ICT visa extended I have received bio metric card along with some information letter from home office. In that letter, Under Can I change sponsor section I found the below :

"Having been granted leave to remain as Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer: Long Term Staff) Migrant, you are restricted to working for the sponsor that assigned your Certificate of Sponsorship. If you wish to change your employer to a different sponsor, the new sponsor will be required to assign you a Certificate of Sponsorship. You should then make a fresh application for leave to remain using the appropriate application form and paying the appropriate fee, no more than 3 months prior to the start date of your new employment."

By reading this my understanding is, I can change the sponsor with in U.K without serving cooling off period. I mean, we can switch to Tier 2 general, if I found any different sponsor.

Correct me if I am wrong/ share your thoughts on this please.. Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 - Sponsorship change

Post by iworker » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:13 am

when was your first leave as ICT granted? I am guessing it was after april 2011, if so, then you cannot change to tier 2 general, or change without serving cooling off time, the letter is generic and can not be taken to task as guidance clearly says otherwise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 - Sponsorship change

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Asking the same question again won't change the answer you were given in the link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1046965
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.