ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR,Limited Company & Working Outside the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MarioSA

ILR,Limited Company & Working Outside the UK

Post by MarioSA » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:36 pm

Hi Members,

Quick question: I currently hold ILR and have few months (7)left before I apply for Naturalisation. I am currently working via my own limited company and have been offered a contract position in South Africa. I'm told I am able to work via my UK limited company and of course be paid in pounds.

How will this affect my application as I believe I'm only allowed 90 days outside the UK?

M

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:49 pm

yes there is 90 day limit of being allowed out of the country
read the guidance associated with naturalization

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:08 pm

SYH wrote:yes there is 90 day limit of being allowed out of the country
Thanks for the responce SYH but what about the fact that I am working through a UK registered company and required to work abroad?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:11 pm

MarioSA wrote:
SYH wrote:yes there is 90 day limit of being allowed out of the country
Thanks for the responce SYH but what about the fact that I am working through a UK registered company and required to work abroad?
You wrote its your own limited company so you are not required to work abroad.
If you were being seconded via an employer not yourself then you would get some leeway but I wouldn't recommend taking such an assignment even if you were a full time employee and not a contractor.
As you are doing the work via your uk limited company, there is no reason you are required to work abroad that just happens to be an offer from a client. Find another client