ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Supporting Documents (Need to Clarify)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Form AN - Supporting Documents (Need to Clarify)

Post by mobeenkhan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi All,

I am back to this forum after almost 1 year as it's time to apply for Naturalisation (Upon completion of the 1 yr ILR). Okay I'll come straight to the point, not sure if any of you ever noticed or maybe I'm taking it wrong.

I downloaded the latest version of Form AN (Published : May 2015). The form seemed straight forward however, when going through the list of Supporting Documents, I realised that the Sections they defined (for supporting documents) at the back are more than the actual Sections in the form and the titles of the Sections also do not match the Original section title of the application form. Now I'm confused what to send and what not?

For Instance, there are 9 Sections mentioned in the Supporting Documents section whereas in case of the original application, there are a total of 7 Sections (which includes the final declaration as well). And then the Section titles are very different too, like ...
Section 4 Crown Service is the title in Application Form and the supporting document section states the following,
SECTION 4 Evidence of settlement for applicants from Switzerland or the European Economic Area or their non-EEA direct family members see pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN

It seems that the Supporting Documents page is of some other application form ... Am I missing something ...

Sorry for the long text, please help as I'm in a hurry to apply for Naturalisation

Kind Regards and Thanks in advance for viewing the post.
We might be MASTER of our own "THOUGHTS" yet SLAVES to our own "EMOTIONS"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form AN - Supporting Documents (Need to Clarify)

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:54 pm

The form is a bit confusing but it is one form used for a variety of routes to citizenship.

Complete the sections relevant to yourself and attach the appropriate documents. As you have ILR, there is not that much that has to be submitted anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks CR001,

Very much appreciated. Well I've gone through the Guidance and all I could see in the Guidance notes are,

1. The Fee
2. Evidence of Identity (Passport or National Identity Card or etc etc etc)
3. Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK (Life In the UK Test Certificate, English Test Pass Certificate etc etc etc)

These are the only three things I could find there. Is that all? Or I've read on other forums, I've seen some people attaching,

1. Proof of lawful 5 year residence (Employer letter, bills etc)
2. Bank Statements and P60 Tax documents etc

Do we really need all these as well ... Can you please advice? Or any one else as well ...

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:02 pm

These are the only three things I could find there. Is that all? Or I've read on other forums, I've seen some people attaching,
[*]Proof of lawful 5 year residence (Employer letter, bills etc)
[*]Bank Statements and P60 Tax documents etc
These are mostly required by EEA/EU nationals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 pm

mobeenkhan wrote:Thanks CR001,

Very much appreciated. Well I've gone through the Guidance and all I could see in the Guidance notes are,

1. The Fee
2. Evidence of Identity (Passport or National Identity Card or etc etc etc)
3. Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK (Life In the UK Test Certificate, English Test Pass Certificate etc etc etc)

1. Proof of lawful 5 year residence (Employer letter, bills etc)
2. Bank Statements and P60 Tax documents etc

Do we really need all these as well ... Can you please advice? Or any one else as well ...

Thank you

it depends on your current job status, i am into self employment so had to attach my last returns as well ...
Date of application Delivered (16/04/2015)
Date of Approval: 16/10/2015 dated:12/10
Date of Private Ceremony Booked: 20 / 10 / 2015

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks a lot CR001 & mianrm,

Well I am into full time professional employment for the last 7.5 years ... so I guess I will not be required to attach this. That's a guess.

Thanks a lot for prompt replies

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Mobeenkhan don't forget to attach Marriage Certificate including translation and payment slip.
Allah is the greatest!

bulldog70
Newly Registered

Post by bulldog70 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:25 am

The supporting documents required is dependent on your case.
I applied in July, but I just received a letter from HO request documentary evedence of being present in the UK between July 2010 and August 2010, even though I sent my employer's letter with my application, to cover that period, as the NCS lady told me to. I don't know if that was misplaced or not, as on the acknowledgement letter I received, HO indicated that I sent 1 supporting document, even though I sent my employer's letter and my life in the UK test certificate.
By chance, I had requested HMRC to send a copy of my employment history, earnings and tax paid for tax year 2010/2011, before I applied, as I thought, that was a potential problem, as I renewed my passport in August 2010, and the passport before that, expired in 2009. The thing is, the NRC lady told me that the employment letter was enough to cover that period, so she did not take the HMRC letter. I have now sent the HMRC letter as well as my employment letter, to HO, hopefully that will be enough.
So my advise is for you to go through the guide and see what your potential red flags are, relating to your case. Be prepared to send added supporting documents as evidence, if you're unsure