ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WeStOn
Newly Registered

please help!!!

Post by WeStOn » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:10 pm

hi all, im looking for some advice, my fiance has been here for 8 years illegally, hes 20. we have been together for nearly two years now, im expecting our first child and we are preparing to get married. he also has a child from a previous relationship. we really want to get things sorted out so much so we can be together properly without worrying what mite happen someday. how do we go about applying for him to stay? he was taken to a detention center last year over xmas but was released and goes to sign every 4 weeks. any advice would be hugely appreciated :cry:

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:33 pm

Where is he from? When and under what circumstances did he come to the UK? Was he released from detention due to some legal intervention?
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

WeStOn
Newly Registered

Post by WeStOn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:11 am

he is from albania, he came here in 1999 because of the war, his dad got shot in front of him and he also got shot so his mum wanted 2 get him away from it and for him to be safe. he witnessed terrible things. he was released from detention because it turned out it was the wrong person they had? he has the same name as somebody else but different birthdate.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:34 am

WeStOn wrote:he is from albania, he came here in 1999 because of the war, his dad got shot in front of him and he also got shot so his mum wanted 2 get him away from it and for him to be safe. he witnessed terrible things. he was released from detention because it turned out it was the wrong person they had? he has the same name as somebody else but different birthdate.
What is your nationality? How old are you and what are you doing? What nationality is his first child, and what will be his second child?

The marriage option....this may allow him to return legally, but there are quite a few hoops to jump through - one specifically being what is your current situation (working, studying, unemployed, etc), and the other being his non-legal status.

WeStOn
Newly Registered

Post by WeStOn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:45 am

i am 24 and english, his 1st child is with an english girl also. does anybody know if he has any chance of claiming asylum?

clairey

Post by clairey » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:46 pm

I doubt it I'm afraid. Is he from Albania or is he an ethnic Albanian from Kosovo? There wasn't a war in Albania in 1999, only "civil unrest". There was of course the conflict in Kosovo in 1999. Albania is a safe country, so he wouldn't stand much chance of claming asylum. If he is from Kosovo, that too is considered safe, and let's hope it stays that way, with the upcoming decision about the region's future.

Was there an application made for asylum when he first came here? I'm sorry to say if he has no legal status in the UK, you'll be looking at making an application for a visa from Albania, or if he is Kosovar, then I believe you have to apply in Skopje, Macedonia.

We applied for a fiance visa for my husband in Tirana 3 years ago - PM me if you'd like any more info.