ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stalem
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by stalem » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:32 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:Since the application was done 13th June, they may not answer you until 13th December or later ....
Even with British passport I think u need visa for Australia anyway so you may be able to transfer it over if BC approval comes before.
For Vienna schengen visas aren't expensive so just carry on with whatever you're doing as normal!

Thanks for your reply!
I've got a schengen--its just the australian visa I was worried about. I guess I'll try calling them tomorrow and if I get no reply then just apply for an Australian visa.

stalem
Newly Registered

Post by stalem » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:05 pm

I called up UKVI and the guy on the phone was very nice. He gave me a postal address to write to and said they should reply within 10 working days.
Anyone has experience with writing a letter to them? Do they get back?
Thanks!

z33
Newly Registered

Post by z33 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi, Could anyone please help me which documents should I send with my application? I have got ILR last year on 10 years route and now my citizenship due. I have booked my appointment with NCS. While I was booking my appointment she asked me to bring fully completed AN form, LITU report, English language proof, Passports, and something which proof that you have been living here in the UK for last 5 years.

At that time I told her I dont think I have anything which proof that I have been living in this country but I have stamps on my passport then she said but we need something which proof that you have been living here in last 5 years. I asked her how about Bank statements? she said ok bring them. I dont have complete set of bank statements so I called my bank and asked them to send my last 5 years statements.

1) Do you think think they really need anything if I providing them all of my passports even my ILR card?
2) Can I use my manager as a 1st referee? hes british and one of my friends as a 2nd referee? he is also has a British passport.

If possible please reply me ASAP

Thank you

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi

Your passport stamps are enough to prove that you lived in the UK however, if you are employed get an employer's letter saying that you have been employed by the company stating join date.Also you can provide P40 for last 5 years as a secondary evidence
Only HR manager can be a referee. 2nd referee can a friend with British Passport.

Hope this helps

regards

Fay

z33
Newly Registered

Post by z33 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:58 pm

FayEng wrote:Hi

Your passport stamps are enough to prove that you lived in the UK however, if you are employed get an employer's letter saying that you have been employed by the company stating join date.Also you can provide P40 for last 5 years as a secondary evidence
Only HR manager can be a referee. 2nd referee can a friend with British Passport.

Hope this helps

regards

Fay
Thanks for your reply. No I havent been working before and I recently started working for this company. I only have one P60 for this year and a few of payslips on this year as well.

My line manager is the only person who have been known me for last couple of years. I cant use my HR manager as a referee as he just knew me for last few months.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf

how about this list? isnt that use for the 1st referee?

Thanks

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:09 am

Hi Guys, I got my ILR and going to apply Naturalisation in coming months. I want to ask some question to clear confusion : spent exactly 90 days out the country (condition is not more than 90 days) will affect my application or not and how long it will take to get approval (time line).

Thanks In advance

saleem

Sswb2
Newly Registered

Change of Address during Naturalisation Application

Post by Sswb2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:50 am

Hi all,

I applied for naturalisation early in September, received the acknowledgement, and gave my biometrics by the end of the month. Subsequently I have moved home, and have informed the UKVI of this move using the online form and emailing them. I have not had any confirmation from them that this has been updated. I have two questions now:
1. How much correspondence do you get from the UKVI after enrolling biometrics? I am concerned that I may not be receiving information. I have a mail re-direct from my previous address to my new one, but they don't always send all mail.
2. If I call the UKVI now, after just 1 month of receiving my application, and only a few weeks from receiving my biometrics, would they be able to tell me if the address on my application has been changed?

It's very frustrating dealing with such an open loop process. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi Guys,
I got my ILR and going to apply Naturalisation in coming months. I want to ask some question to clear confusion : spent exactly 90 days out the country (condition is not more than 90 days) will affect my application or not and how long it will take to get approval (time line).

Thanks In advance

Saleem

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:10 am

I am filling the AN form for my spouse application she is only in the uk for 4 years what should we write in 5 year address history just the uk addresses ? Or should we write the home country address too .
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:34 pm

A bit of a random question.

When you go to use NCS and they photocopy ur documents, when it comes to the passport... do they photocopy the spouse visa bit aswell as the main ID page cos the NCS lady didn't photocopy anything in front of us, it was done at the end and we had to wait outside for like 30 seconds then she handed us everything back! cos if they only copy the main ID page how can you show the 3 years ( hubby applied under 3 year rule )

Surely HO have it on file when a person enters on a spouse visa etc

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Dear Advisers,

We need advise urgently please.

My spouse will be apply for nationalization this week through NCS and have got a question on 1.17, page 5 of the application form. My spouse living in the U.K. past 4 years (including over a year now holding ILR), will be applying under 3 years British Spouse rule as I have received my nationalization certificate recently. Since 1.17 refers to 5 years address and my spouse living in UK only 4 years, do we need to provide detail of address from home abroad as well ? Or is it just 4 years UK address will be suffice?

Appreciate your prompt advise.

Best Regards

RS

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 pm

raja935 wrote:Dear Advisers,

We need advise urgently please.

My spouse will be apply for nationalization this week through NCS and have got a question on 1.17, page 5 of the application form. My spouse living in the U.K. past 4 years (including over a year now holding ILR), will be applying under 3 years British Spouse rule as I have received my nationalization certificate recently. Since 1.17 refers to 5 years address and my spouse living in UK only 4 years, do we need to provide detail of address from home abroad as well ? Or is it just 4 years UK address will be suffice?

Appreciate your prompt advise.

Best Regards

RS

When my hubby used NCS they said since hes applying under 3 year rule, he only needs 3 years address history. My advice : Fill in 3 years worth, and see if NCS say anything. If not, ask them about it, but 3 years worth should be sufficient.

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Post by hs_sdm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi All,

I would like to know couple of details on applying my naturalisation application.

Before asking the question, currently I got ILR (5 years period) and completed one year now.

1) I am planning to go to India early next year during Jan/Feb. Is it ok to apply now ?
- I am planning to initiate the process now and attend the ceremony after my travel. Please advice.

2) My kid's Indian passport is expiring on December 2015. Is it ok to apply with me ?
- I am planning to apply the passport with me. Is it possible to get the registration done before Jan 2016 ?
- My plan is to apply the indian passport to get it renewed and apply the registration process after my trip.

Thanks
Subbu

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Since the language rules change very soon, 5th November,
I've a feeling that late September/October applicants may be waiting a while as most likely there will be an influx of applicants

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:12 pm

hs_sdm wrote:Hi All,

I would like to know couple of details on applying my naturalisation application.

Before asking the question, currently I got ILR (5 years period) and completed one year now.

1) I am planning to go to India early next year during Jan/Feb. Is it ok to apply now ?
- I am planning to initiate the process now and attend the ceremony after my travel. Please advice.
Nobody can tell you how long it will take to process your application... follow the timelines thread and you will have an idea how long its going to take...you can then decide what to do... on a side note ...you can apply through NCS and all your docs are going to be with you... you can travel with your indian passport while your application is still under consideration...however, bare in mind that you need to apply for the ceremony with 21 days of the acceptance letter... you need to call them to book your date .. so if someone is here to receive your letter.. you can just call them...(bare in mind that some councils asks you leave a name and number and they will call you back ... may be they won't to an Indian number)
2) My kid's Indian passport is expiring on December 2015. Is it ok to apply with me ?
- I am planning to apply the passport with me. Is it possible to get the registration done before Jan 2016 ?
- My plan is to apply the indian passport to get it renewed and apply the registration process after my trip.
you can do it.... but little more details would be helpful to give you advise... is your Kid eligible to be registered while you are on ILR ???? if they are why did you wait so long...

Thanks
Subbu

arsalali
Newly Registered

Post by arsalali » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Dear All,

i have been silent reader of the post. I would like to ask,

1, on the new AN forms for british citizenship, they require last 10 years of employment, anyone know exactly the reason for asking this information by HO?

i dont see this information anywhere.

hope to hear from someone soon.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:51 pm

arsalali wrote:Dear All,

i have been silent reader of the post. I would like to ask,

1, on the new AN forms for british citizenship, they require last 10 years of employment, anyone know exactly the reason for asking this information by HO?

i dont see this information anywhere.

hope to hear from someone soon.

I'd imagine it would be to cast doubt on Good Character by catching people working when they weren't supposed to be or worked more hours than permitted ( like many students have in the past)

arsalali
Newly Registered

Post by arsalali » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 am

i dont think they will be able to find out about hours unless they contact employers because of the fact that student gets time off, etcc and they can work full time and especially they will not sit and calculate someones working hours, especially how do they know about the rate of pay?

i think its to do more with the fact that if some one had an issue in past past in terms of visa, or their visa did not allow them to work at all, and that they will check with relevant dept if within that visa period they were not supposed to be working and they found data of tax with hmrc that they were working , then i think that where the issue will arise.

Anyone would like to comment?

MarcP
Newly Registered

Detailed analysis of 2015 approval data

Post by MarcP » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Folks I’ve been reading the forums and lots of angst, it seems, about time to approval. I thought I would continue my analysis of the 2015 Naturalisation spreadsheet, and perhaps shed some light on the relationship between time in nation and naturalisation approval.

The entire spreadsheet contains 524 entries. Of these 235 are approved and 289 are pending.

Of those approved 191 had notes populated i.e., the remainder were blank and discarded. Two also had no decision date and were discarded from analysis. Of those approved remaining 150 had meaningful data in notes i.e., specific number of years. I created a new column, ‘TERM’ to help analysis time until approval. TERM ranged from 2 years to 16 years.

Number of days to approval ranged from 56 to 192. Analysis took place on this composite data.

The correlation between TERM and days to approval was 0.16; no strong relationship between how long you've been in the UK before applying. On average it took 112 days to realise approval. I present the average days to approval, broken down by number of years before applying and number of applicants below. If it matters, I'm a member of the 10 year club myself, and was beginning to get worried - hence my analysis.

As per the comments in my earlier analysis, there are other factors (e.g., nationality, etc) the notes field doesn't capture and which aren't on the spreadsheet, which undoubtedly explain the variance.

Hope this helps to calm nerves.
Attachments
DaysToDecisionByYears.png
Days to decision by years in country - GRAPH
DaysToDecisionByYears.png (84.84 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
DaysToDecisionByYears-TABLE.png
Days to decision by years in country - TABULAR
DaysToDecisionByYears-TABLE.png (20.96 KiB) Viewed 2419 times

the-boy-nextdoor
Newly Registered

Post by the-boy-nextdoor » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:43 pm

please some could help me ......... I made a application on 30th September, bio done on the 16th of October, now I realise that I was out of the county three times in past five years, but I mention on the application was only out of the country twice, how could inform the UKVI about my other visit? any help will be apriciated

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Having applied on 1 May 2015 and e-mailed FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk every day this week so far with no response I finally phoned their contact number 0300 123 2253 listed at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/british ... ationality.

The person on the phone was useless. Just said I had to wait a further 21 days for a letter explaining what the next steps would be. Said I had no right to a decision within any time period and the 6 months was a guideline only.

I did try arguing the point, that the fee increased 1 month before my application, that decision times appeared to increase considerably since the fee increase.

All he said he could do would be to get somebody to call me back, but all they could do would be to tell me that my application was still under consideration.

I'm angry and frustrated, as usual. Like every day over the 3 month mark. And let the depression, anger, and frustration continue for another 3 months I suppose. Can't make big travel plans. Just have to wait.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:41 pm

"A decision about your application will usually be made within 6 months - some applications can take longer." and "Naturalisation is not an entitlement"

British citizenship is a privilege and unlike visa applications, is not a right. Personally, I would be concerned that chasing daily might result in my application form sitting underneath a case worker's coffee mug. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Casa wrote:British citizenship is a privilege and unlike visa applications, is not a right.
1. one should be informed of an application's progress when they are paying a premium

2. citizenship may not be a right but it is jolly well earned by those of us who have paid significant premiums for many years for visas, obeyed more laws than the locals, had no access to public funds, and who have passed a "life in the UK" test that most locals could not pass

As it is one cannot imagine an application being found under a coffee mug when their own call centre cannot even access the application's status.

Be that as it may, perhaps you're correct. Perhaps the Home Office does contain spiteful ignorant individuals looking to punish those who have patiently waited, those who have obeyed the laws of the land, those who have shown loyalty and dedication to the country. That opens, then, the Home Office to all manner of legal challenges.

I'm very curious to hear about specific instances you are aware of where the Home Office has deliberately delayed an application decision to "punish" a specific individual?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:09 pm

As you can see from my post, I was giving a personal opinion on what I would do. The HO don't give an insight into what goes on within the processing department, but unfortunately we all know human nature. You've obviously suffered on your route to citizenship. Please don't shoot the messenger...

“As a general rule...people ask for advice only in order not to follow it; or if they do follow it, in order to have someone to blame for giving it.”
Alexandre Dumas
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:23 pm

2. citizenship may not be a right but it is jolly well earned by those of us who have paid significant premiums for many years for visas, obeyed more laws than the locals, had no access to public funds, and who have passed a "life in the UK" test that most locals could not pass
I note from your previous posts that you were a Tier 1 migrant. Are all your tax affairs in order as this is one possible reason that might cause delays with citizenship applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.