ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 - ILR - LTD company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Tier-1 - ILR - LTD company

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:12 am

Hi Members,

I am going to apply for ILR (5 year Tier-1 G) in January 2016. After University I have only been doing contracting through my own LTD company. In 2011 when I applied Tier-1 G visa (switched from PSW) I have shown £39k (required £35k) gross income but later made amendements to company accounts which makes my gross income £36.5k. Will this be an issue if HO CSW checks on my history and or is there a way to correct this ?

Your valuable input will be helpful for me. I can act asap to fix this if i need to.

-Thanks
Aditya

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier-1 - ILR - Checks on TAX

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:08 pm

If there is a tax discrepancy this will be an issue.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Both figures are with no tax (below £42k). Do you think this will still be an issue or is there a way to correct this ?

-Thanks
ADITYA

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:15 pm

adityaisukapalli wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Both figures are with no tax (below £42k). Do you think this will still be an issue or is there a way to correct this ?

-Thanks
ADITYA
But there is tax, since the company's Corporation tax is affected by movements in sal/dividend.

What was the reason for the gross income amendments?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:30 pm

I have taken more dividend then paid it back into company.
So I have not underpaid any CO tax.. I paid it all. But now I sm wondering whether this will be an issue because the figures were different?

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooo
They are wrong as long as changes to your tax does not take you below threshhold it does NOT make any difference. Anyone who has business understands expenses can not be predicted exactly. Key is to ensure it is not below the limit.

ahj
Newly Registered

Post by ahj » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi folks,

I will highly appreciate your advice on situation below:

- I applied for initial Tier1 G in 2011 (Employed + part Self employed). For self employment period shown to HO was accounts closing on 28 Feb (Net profit around £10k) as I was applying in March 2011. However, when the accounts were closed at end of tax period 6th April 2011 the profit dropped to around £3k due to client not happy with services received and resulted in refund of the payment received prior to 28th Feb. Tax was then paid to hmrc on the £3k profit earned on year ending April 2011, NI contributions were paid accordingly. Please note net profit for the same year shown to HO was £10 while declared to hmrc was £3, for the reason explained earlier. Will this impact on my application for ilr, I am eligible for both LR & Set(o) next year?

-In the first year of initial Tier1 G leave my earnings dropped from the required level of earnings as I could not find any business through self employment and was only employed. However I kept paying NI contributions as I was looking for business, but eventually I had to close self employment at the end of the year. Will this impact on my application for ilr?
Please note since second year of initial Tier1 G leave for last threes I am employed and meeting the earning requirements for last three years, and extention of Tier1 G was granted in 2013.

Also, what would be the best rout for to apply for ilr in this situation LR or Set (o)?

Senior members or members who have been through situation please advice/comment.

Many thanks,

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:06 pm

@ahj
might be a good idea to talk to a lawyer about this issue. I think he will ask you to be aware that HO might ask for SA302

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Will the Case worker check LTD company accounts or Personal income records?

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

LTD Company - Absence Letter < 180 Days ?

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:04 am

Hello Forum Members,

I am going to apply for ILR at the end of January 2016. I am on Tier-1 G visa since Feb'2011 and working as an IT Contractor through my LTD Company since then. I have been to India for holidays c50 days in total in past 5 years.

1. Do I need to submit a letter from LTD Company for these 50 days ? these are personal holidays.
2. Do I need to submit absence summary spreadsheet ? If Yes, is there a simple template ?
3. Do I need to take (PEO) copies of tickets etc ?

-Thanks
ADITYA

secret.simon

Re: Tier-1 - ILR

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:48 am

adityaisukapalli wrote: 1. Do I need to submit a letter from LTD Company for these 50 days ? these are personal holidays
Not if you are Tier 1 G. I believe that this requirement is limited to Tier 2. But I would await other comments.
adityaisukapalli wrote:2. Do I need to submit absence summary spreadsheet ? If Yes, is there a simple template ?
I would recommend it. Makes the caseworker's job easier. Make it in Excel, with columns for "from", "to", "No of whole days" and "running total", with subtotals for each year of T1G.
adityaisukapalli wrote:3. Do I need to take (PEO) copies of tickets etc ?
Likely will not be required. But better to be safe than sorry.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-1 - ILR - LTD compnay

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:02 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!