ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(IED) in Nov?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP

FLR(IED) in Nov?

Post by HSMP » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:34 pm

Have any FLR(IED) extension cases of Nov received back the passport?

Regds
H

PS: doesnt apply to urgent treatment cases.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:42 pm

I have submitted in Oct still waiting. I dont have any air ticket to submit for urgent treatment hence can only wait. I hope to get it by Jan

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:44 pm

HSMP wrote:Have any FLR(IED) extension cases of Nov received back the passport?
In the normal passage of time i.e without urgent treatment form, Nov is a long way off. They are processing Sept 1st week now.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:47 pm

Rog wrote:I have submitted in Oct still waiting. I dont have any air ticket to submit for urgent treatment hence can only wait. I hope to get it by Jan
My understanding after speaking to a member of the incountry team is that urgent treatment form is not just for people who want to travel out of the country. There is an others option where you can fill up your reasons for urgency.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:57 pm

Urgency may turn out to be a very subjective issue - especially for those who tick the 'other' option. However, I am not gonna go into details of 'other' possibilities.

At the end of the day HO need to do some 'house keeping' because every body will start completing urgent treatment forms. And instead of sorting out applications, they will start reviewing urgent treatment forms.

Unfortunately the situation will get worse before it gets better. And the loing waiting times (and increased fees starting 04/05) will start putting applicants off. The main beneficiaries will be in-country applicants
Where there is a will there is a way.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:31 pm

Checkmate is right. They need to sort out the queue fast or there will be a separate waiting list for urgent treatment forms, and the regular applicants will have to wait even further. All passports should be treated as urgent as it is difficult for any job seeker to stay for over 3 months without a passport. Evaluating an extension where they just have to check salary slips and bank statements unlike a fresh HSMP application, should not take so much time that they move only 1 day in a whole week. There were some rumours of H O appointing new staff and moving to larger premises but it seems that they will continue at the same snail's pace. Now the case workers will be in a 'christmas mood' and may work even slower (if it is possible).

HSMP

Post by HSMP » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:34 pm

Very well said Rog.
HSMP ext is just a formality I beleive which helps HO to fill it coffers.
Rather than taking 121 and blocking the passport of people HO shud take a flat fee of XYX(greater than 121) and stamp the ppt in 3 days :lol: