ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL test sat & passed in June 2015

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rashidkhan

ESOL test sat & passed in June 2015

Post by rashidkhan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 pm

I am wondering if Amber or any of you guys can help with my 2 questions:

1) Simple Caution was given more than 3 years ago, is it considered spent? Do I declare it or not?

2) Passed Cambridge English ESOL Entry 3 QCF regulated by Ofqual exam held in June 2015. Where do I enter this information? If I tick 1.23 as yes then it says to go to 1.27 but 1.26 looks relevant however it says (sat before 6 April 2015).

Thank you.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: ESOL test sat & passed in June 2015

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 pm

[quote="rashidkhan"]I am wondering if Amber or any of you guys can help with my 2 questions:

1) Simple Caution was given more than 3 years ago, is it considered spent? Do I declare it or not?

You should be fine not declaring this.

2) Passed Cambridge English ESOL Entry 3 QCF regulated by Ofqual exam held in June 2015. Where do I enter this information? If I tick 1.23 as yes then it says to go to 1.27 but 1.26 looks relevant however it says (sat before 6 April 2015).

You need to do a New language test! his certificate is not accepted by HO UNLESS it was done before April but since it isn't, this certificate is useless to you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:42 pm

rashidkhan wrote:I am wondering if Amber or any of you guys can help with my 2 questions:

Thank you.
1) If in doubt guidance suggests declare issues.

2) :!: The ESOL qualifications clock is ticking if you want to use Q1.23 Ofqual option.
You can also prove your knowledge of English by having:
  • an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland - qualifications at Entry 1 or 2 won’t be accepted
From November 2015, you won’t be able to use ESOL qualifications as proof for settlement and citizenship applications
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rashidkhan

Post by rashidkhan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:05 am

Thanks for your replies but you both are contradicting each other. chocolateorange88 says no I can't use this certificate and noajthan is saying yes I can but before November.
Please can you both clarify?
Thanks

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:47 am

noajthan wrote:
rashidkhan wrote:I am wondering if Amber or any of you guys can help with my 2 questions:

Thank you.
1) If in doubt guidance suggests declare issues.

2) :!: The ESOL qualifications clock is ticking if you want to use Q1.23 Ofqual option.
You can also prove your knowledge of English by having:
  • an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland - qualifications at Entry 1 or 2 won’t be accepted
From November 2015, you won’t be able to use ESOL qualifications as proof for settlement and citizenship applications

Are you sure Noajthan as the op took the exam AFTER April 2015?

rashidkhan

Post by rashidkhan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:57 am

Yes she did take test after april

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:07 am

rashidkhan wrote:Thanks for your replies but you both are contradicting each other. chocolateorange88 says no I can't use this certificate and noajthan is saying yes I can but before November.
Please can you both clarify?
Thanks
The Gov UK website on 'proof of English proficiency' is quite confusing & rather unclear (oh, the irony).

However an Ofqual-listed ESOL route is still shown as an option for meeting the requirements for citizenship;
ie other than the SELT qualification.

Ofcourse, by November, when the transition is complete, HO will have achieved its stated goal of SELT only.

As of now ("until November"), the website does still list Ofqual-listed / awarded in UK / ESOL @ CEFR B1 as an option;
the current AN form also reflects that route/category in Q1.23,

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:45 am

Sorry then I must be misinformed.
I was always lead to believe that tests taken AFTER April 2015 were to be awarded by SELT or trinity college and nobody else.

Hard to keep up with all this!!

zoomaj
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zoomaj » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Hello

sorry to gate crash this post, iv read the rules on the Government website in regards to them changing around 5th Nov but they are not very clear, my wife has her entry level 3 Esol certificate which she passed this year in August, and she is currently studying towards her life in the UK test,

so my question is after Nov 5th 2015 what will change or what else would she need to do please?
will her Esol certificate become invalid? she has studied really hard in college for nearly 3 years to get her entry level 3, and now they are changing the rules! please can someone clarify?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:45 pm

You must declare a caution, it specifically asks for any cautions on the form :shock:

Failure to declare a caution will almost inevitably lead to a 10 year ban, lawful or not.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rashidkhan

Post by rashidkhan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Amber wrote:You must declare a caution, it specifically asks for any cautions on the form :shock:

Failure to declare a caution will almost inevitably lead to a 10 year ban, lawful or not.
Thanks Amber but what about my question regarding the ESOL test and where to enter it in current form? Thanks

rashidkhan

Post by rashidkhan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Let me explain my question:

In question 1.23:
If i choose "A test that is on the Home Office list of approved tests" and go to Question 1.24, it tells me to go to Question 1.25 as i passed after 6 April 2015.
Question 1.25 does not show any details or tick boxes to show "Cambridge English" as the test centre and only asks for a SELT no which i don't have and then tells me to go to Question 1.27 which moves away from the English language requirements.

If i choose "A test that is on the Ofqual register or awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority" it tells me to go to question 1.27 which moves away from the English language requirements.

Can anyone please explain / help me in choosing the right options to show my valid English language test results. Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 pm

rashidkhan wrote:Let me explain my question:

In question 1.23:
If i choose "A test that is on the Home Office list of approved tests" and go to Question 1.24, it tells me to go to Question 1.25 as i passed after 6 April 2015.
Question 1.25 does not show any details or tick boxes to show "Cambridge English" as the test centre and only asks for a SELT no which i don't have and then tells me to go to Question 1.27 which moves away from the English language requirements.

If i choose "A test that is on the Ofqual register or awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority" it tells me to go to question 1.27 which moves away from the English language requirements.

Can anyone please explain / help me in choosing the right options to show my valid English language test results. Thanks
As stated before, Q1.23 Ofqual option IF your cert is listed on Ofqual website.

Clock is ticking, have you checked on that detail yet?

rashidkhan

Post by rashidkhan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:41 am

noajthan wrote:
rashidkhan wrote:Let me explain my question:

In question 1.23:

As stated before, Q1.23 Ofqual option IF your cert is listed on Ofqual website.

Clock is ticking, have you checked on that detail yet?
Thank you "noajthan" for your reply. I have just checked and yes i found the qualification on Ofqual website and there is no end date written for it so far. But my question was that if i choose Q1.23 then it simply tells me to go to Q1.27 which bypasses everything to do with english language tests etc, so where do i need to write the qualification name, number etc details?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:18 am

rashidkhan wrote:Thank you "noajthan" for your reply. I have just checked and yes i found the qualification on Ofqual website and there is no end date written for it so far. But my question was that if i choose Q1.23 then it simply tells me to go to Q1.27 which bypasses everything to do with english language tests etc, so where do i need to write the qualification name, number etc details?
You will include the original certificate in your application; we can assume caseworker will look it.
You could include relevant printout from the Ofqual website too.

(If you want to you could include all details in the 'further info' section of the form too, but its not mandatory).