ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Months Window for processing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arindam02

6 Months Window for processing

Post by arindam02 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:42 am

We made an application on the 16th April via NCS which was received by HO on the 20th April but still awaiting for an outcome. I gave a call to HO this morning to know the status of our application and the lady told me that the 6 months window is from the date of payment taken by HO not from the date of application which didn’t seem to be correct to me but couldn’t say anything to her as I didn’t have any reference. Am I right that the 6 months window is from the date of application, not from the date of payment. If so, where can I find an exact reference so that I can go back to them again. Can you please advise.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: 6 Months Window for processing

Post by vignezh » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:49 am

Dont pay too much attention to what they say? they will try and give you any excuse... Many April applicants including myself received letters saying our applications raised exceptionally complex problems, etc and will contact in due course. We all pretty much received our approvals shortly afterwards. If you want you can contact your MP, which might help flag your application.

arindam02

Post by arindam02 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:58 am

vignezh wrote:Dont pay too much attention to what they say? they will try and give you any excuse... Many April applicants including myself received letters saying our applications raised exceptionally complex problems, etc and will contact in due course. We all pretty much received our approvals shortly afterwards. If you want you can contact your MP, which might help flag your application.
Thanks for your input. We contacted our MP several times but he was not helpful; didn't get any response from him. Looks like, it's almost dead end now.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:02 am

The telephone operatives are quite bad for giving wrong information out. it's 6 months from date of application generally but it has been argued that HO say 6 months from fee debit.

In regards to MP chase him and tell him your not happy with what he hasn't done... it's awful when your own MP is like that.
I don't even know who's higher than MP. Maybe write to David Cameron and explain what's happened...

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:07 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:In regards to MP chase him and tell him your not happy with what he hasn't done
MPs are not compelled to assist their constituents. Most of them do, to get votes, but there is no requirement for them to do so.

Also, you must go via the MP of your area. There is a convention among MPs that they only assist their own constituents and if you write to another MP, they will internally redirect you to the MP of your area.

To make sure that you are contacting the correct MP, go to the Parliament.uk website and put in your post code.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

arindam02

Post by arindam02 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:13 pm

contacted local MP again n let's see if he helps.