ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application - Allocation Limit Reach

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thisismoyo
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Application - Allocation Limit Reach

Post by thisismoyo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:54 am

@Manci, @Vinny, @iworker, @Moonlight55 @CR001 and all top gurus in the house.

Please i need a clarification in this issue urgently.

My employer is in the process of sponsoring me but it seems HR doesnt know much about this process as my case seems to be new to the organization.

I am currently on a Tier 4 Dependant Visa and i want to switch to Tier 2 General.

Employer have already completed the RTLM but when HR applied for COS, she got an email saying that they have reach the limit of COS they can apply for. Could it be that she applied for Unrestricted COS?

I dont understand this because i think there is no limit you can apply for if you are applying to restricted COS.

My understanding is that you can apply for unrestricted cos anytime but for Unrestricted COS, its When you apply for your licence you’ll be asked to estimate how many Tier 2 and Tier 5 certificates you’ll need. These are called unrestricted certificates because there’s no limit on how many you can get.

Please i need someone to please clarify this as i need to speak with HR asap.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Application - Allocation Limit Reach

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:10 pm

you need a restricted cos and you can apply within uk.
there is fix number of restrited cos available every month and there is set date the companies need to apply before. It may well mean that they applied in last month cycle and according to points, they allocated all the cos, and none was issued to your company (for u), as you scored less points. search the forum to see what the points are based on.
ask them to apply next month again. the rlmt is valid for 6 months, so they dont have to do that again.