ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

243 days HSMP saga

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hk_007

243 days HSMP saga

Post by hk_007 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:22 am

I finally received my passport with FLR yesterday after request for urgent treatment. Thus, my 243 days HSMP saga of 152 days for HSMP approval and another 91 days for FLR is over. Pheeeeew.....

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:39 am

hk_007, What does the visa on your passport say?

Mine came yesterday too but it doesnt say HSMP, it just says "Residence Permit". Also wife's visa is no different and does not mention dependent. (Not that I want it that way, just curious as it is different from a work permit stamp)

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:49 am

They now seem to give Residence permit stickers with your photo now. They look nothing like the old Work permit stamps so there is no way really to tell by what means you have approval just by looking at the sticker. I was surprised by this when I got my last work permit.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:55 am

Thanks for the information. They keep changing their stamps I guess, two years back when I had my wp transfered, it was not even a sticker, just an endorsment stamp with the date of expiry and other details.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:58 am

mwazir wrote:Thanks for the information. They keep changing their stamps I guess, two years back when I had my wp transfered, it was not even a sticker, just an endorsment stamp with the date of expiry and other details.
The change in stickers is due to new EU policy to ensure that all immigration permits/visas for all EU countries look the same/alike to avoid confusion at PoE

Glad to see that FLR are staring to trickle through - it is the season of goodwill 8)
Where there is a will there is a way.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:10 pm

It says Residence Permit and has a similar design to Residence permits issued by other EC member states – part of the unification exercise I suppose.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:18 pm

HO will soon start to charge for transferring a visa / FLR / LTR from an old passport to a newer one. Best FLR format is the ICD 0358 letter which can be simply shown along your passport- no need to transfer stamp / sticker.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:07 pm

tvt....do you know if it is compulsory to get the FLR sticker trasferred to a new passport or is it OK if carry along the old and new passports. I dont want to go thro the pain of send my passport to the HO :roll:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:02 pm

Not compulsory but makes those admin tasks requiring valid immigration status in a valid document a hastle e.g. applying for a schengen visa say at the French consulate - they want your UK residence permit to be in your valid passport to grant the visa. You show up with the two passports they will tell you to get a transfer 1st then come back.

vivekR

Transfer

Post by vivekR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:08 pm

My wife was out of the UK for a visit to our Home country when I applied for my FLR (IED) Hence they gave her a Visa on a seperate sheet with all her relevant details which is supposedly as good as having one on the passport. But then is it necessary to get it transferred to the passport? Will it affect her when she applis for visas for say the Schengen states?!!