ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i travel to uk

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maya nalya

Re: urgent help

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:40 pm

I will send her this instant, thanks for that advise.
Does anyone have any experience with social services, Wolverhampton city council told they are one to help me, can I rely on them? I have heard someone very negative things about social workers.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 pm

maya nalya wrote:I will send her this instant, thanks for that advise.
Does anyone have any experience with social services, Wolverhampton city council told they are one to help me, can I rely on them? I have heard someone very negative things about social workers.
I used to live in Birmingham in WM but it was 30 years ago. Can't comment on the area now.

If you reach out I'm sure someone will help.

Don't forget the RM Centre - they even have a women's only surgery on Tuesdays...
Contact Name
Refugee and Migrant Centre
Telephone
01902 311554
info@rmcentre.org.uk
Website

Notes
RMC staff are able to converse with clients in a number of community languages.

A dedicated open surgery for Women only

The women’s open surgery times are: Tuesday afternoons 2-5pm.
(Door opens at 2 pm). No appointments are required. This surgery works on a first-come first-served basis. We aim to provide a confidential and empathetic environment for women to talk about their problems.

Women are always welcome to come to any of the open surgery times for advice services.

Where to go

Name
Address
1st Floor - Roma Parva
9 Waterloo Road
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
Postcode
WV1 4NB
Other places to reach out to...

Somali Womens Centre
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/somali-womens ... birmingham
Ileys Community organization helps refugees, asylum seekers and newly arrived migrants to settle in to the community and access services providing; drop in advice surgeries/language support in Somali, Arabic and Swahili, women's group,
http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/site/custom_ ... egoryID=72
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Maya, I also see that the migrant centre in Wolverhampton also have an OISC registered immigration advisor who will give you free professional advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:18 pm

I will go there to tomorrow and will also contact the other two organisations, thanks to you all. So that means I shouldn't rely on social workers, I get it. Thanks for the advise.

I will call the my solicitors company to ask to change for me another

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:31 pm

maya nalya wrote:I will go there to tomorrow and will also contact the other two organisations, thanks to you all. So that means I shouldn't rely on social workers, I get it. Thanks for the advise.

I will call the my solicitors company to ask to change for me another
Maya can I suggest that you speak to the OISC Immigration advisor at the migrant centre before changing to another solicitor in the same company as your present one? You may only get the same poor advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:42 pm

I totally agree with you and I think getting the right advise is better than changing a representative, I feel a little relaxed now thanks everyone, earlier i was thinking of leaving the country as I have had only bad experience in this country, problem after problem, I seem to only feed on the bad news almost every other day,

Thanks to everyone, I do appreciate all the efforts and time you take to respond to me and help me in every way you can, I pray God make this journey easy for me

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:52 pm

I'm confident that you will get the support you need at the migrant drop-in centre, from those who will appreciate and sympathise with your situation.
(Casa, not CR001)

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:23 pm

i applied for my eea2 on 29 october 2015
and received my COA 8 december
still waiting for my rc
but i have a question,
i am almost eight months pregnant and i have 18 month old British daughter. my husband is sick with mental illness and i want to know what are the chances of me keeping my child if i walk away from this marriage

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:36 pm

maya nalya wrote:i applied for my eea2 on 29 october 2015
and received my COA 8 december
still waiting for my rc
but i have a question,
i am almost eight months pregnant and i have 18 month old British daughter. my husband is sick with mental illness and i want to know what are the chances of me keeping my child if i walk away from this marriage
Glad to know you have filed your application & its processing.

I don't know about such family matters & whether family court (or other authorities) have a natural preference to one parent or another.
My understanding is that the best interests of the child (& their wishes) are taken into consideration.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.