ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected for Spouse Visa! NatWest bank statements!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skyler
Newly Registered

Re: Rejected for Spouse Visa! NatWest bank statements!

Post by skyler » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:05 am

It has been a while, but I would just like to add that NatWest's transaction history lists printed in their branches (Branches don't print statements and won't stamp anything) are accepted by the UKVI. I used that for my recent work visa application and it went well. Good luck to all! :D

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:18 am

nbe wrote:Background: We applied via the Category F route since I am company director of a small business. I more than cover the 18,600 threshold.

So we filed a priority service application from Singapore for UK Spouse Settlement Visa.

We thought we were accepted because we got the "a decision has been made" e-mail and everything was being posted back to us. Today we collect it from VFS and it turns out that it was REJECTED!

Reading the text they said that it was due to the NatWest bank statements for my business account. Basically NatWest wouldn't give me certified copies so I printed them off from online banking instead as several people said they were accepted on this basis. I was assuming they'd correlate the NatWest statements with my personal account statements and see that clearly the payments are legitimate.

Anyway. Rejected. Disaster!

They want us to appeal with could take a very long time from what I understand.

Please, anybody, what is the best course of action?

Is it possible for me to go back to the UK and apply again, in person, on behalf of my wife? This way I could go to NatWest and get the statements straight from the branch.

I am so angry with NatWest.
Sorry to hear that but they don't accept internet print outs. You can get away with ordering statements, which I have done couple of times or go to a branch and get them to print them off and then have the branch stamp on them. That's what I did last time and they accepted it.

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theelite16 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:35 am

I think I should add my experience with getting Lloyds Bank to give me certified bank statements.

The first day I went into my local branch, I explained my situation to the lady on the front desk and she told me outright that they don't certify or even STAMP anything. She said that UKVI should accept printed out online statements (yeah, like I was going to believe her!!). She said that I can order the statements online.

That night I tried to order them online but one statement (probably because it was very recent) wasn't available. Next day I go to the branch again, and this time the gentleman on the front desk said that we don't need to write a cover letter, but what he can do instead is print off every page for the last six months and certify them. He actually got the certify stamp out from his draw and stamped all 11 pages.

The stamp said something along the lines of "This is to certify that this is a true copy of the original". It was designed to have spaces for the staff member's name and number, which he kindly wrote on every page. He even stapled his card to the statements. And as it turned out, it was the bank manager.

Maybe I should tell him that his branch is giving conflicting info?

cdh27
Newly Registered

Post by cdh27 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 am

nbe wrote:Thanks for all your help and support Casa and everyone else. The last week was incredibly stressful but it seems like less than a week later everything has worked out for us.
==

Hi,
I'm a newbie here. We also got a refusal and made an appeal last Feb7 as we did not send the bank statements for 6 mos. On the appeal, we sent the bank statements provided by TSB Bank (stamped on 1st page only) the rest of the pages are just statements. Can you please advise if these are ok? Also, appreciate if you could please provide the contact details in Manila Visa Hub team so we could follow up for an update please? Thanks so much.