ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

returntotheuk
Ireland

Re: EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Post by returntotheuk » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:08 am

kunfayakun wrote:Actually you have to give them 4 weeks time to process your application, nowadays they are taking bit longer. also You don't need to buy air ticket before you travel and don't need a return one but you need to show them a proof like you will be traveling together such as proof of reservation or confirmation letter from a ticketing agent that you have booked with them. if the application is approved, you will be given 3 months short stay C visa.

The application form you have to fill in online and you will get some pages with the reference on it to take print out to submit in the Irish Embassy or consulate in your country along with your documents.
Thanks for the information, I was just a bit concerned booking our flight tickets before visa is issued. But now you make it clear for me. thanks

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks for the information, I was just a bit concerned booking our flight tickets before visa is issued. But now you make it clear for me. thanks
You are welcome :)
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

nouman_aziz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nouman_aziz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi,
I've submitted spouse Short Stay Visa as member of EEA and now I'm waiting for their response on the decision which is now taking about 4-6 months.

Next step would be to get to Ireland and apply for EU1.

The questions I have are as follows

1. Does my non-eea spouse have to work and make his statement to apply for EU1?

2. Once he gets 6 months stamp on his passport, can he then apply for EEA2 from Ireland or he has to come to UK to apply?

3. Finally, to apply for EEA 2 does he have to wait for EU1 decision?

Best Regards...

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:52 pm

nouman_aziz wrote:Hi,
I've submitted spouse Short Stay Visa as member of EEA and now I'm waiting for their response on the decision which is now taking about 4-6 months.

Next step would be to get to Ireland and apply for EU1.

The questions I have are as follows

1. Does my non-eea spouse have to work and make his statement to apply for EU1?

2. Once he gets 6 months stamp on his passport, can he then apply for EEA2 from Ireland or he has to come to UK to apply?

3. Finally, to apply for EEA 2 does he have to wait for EU1 decision?

Best Regards...
NO not the non EU, The EU citizen has to be working according to the Directive and you need to show them the proof of employment when you apply for the EU1 in the state.

EEA2 is a certificate of registration, we can only apply inside the UK and it doesn't matter if you having the 6 months stamp or 5 years card, you can apply for the EEA2 if you have sufficient documents to proof your centre of life in Ireland.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

nouman_aziz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nouman_aziz » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks Kunfayakun

So whats the procedure of coming back to UK with the spouse and which documents are required?

Best Regards...

nouman_aziz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nouman_aziz » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Also please share the form which needs to be filed for EEA family permit for spouse. I have british passport and spouse will have 6 months stamp oh his visa in ireland.

Best Regards...

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:16 pm

Once you have the stamp 4 or 5years card in Ireland you can apply for the UK family permit and once you get that you can travel to the UK and apply for the EEA2 using the documents you use for the EU1.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:33 am

I am hearing there are waiting times of 5 mths for visas for Ireland? Is there a quicker way? It is obviously been done on purpose?

I see two other ways, can anyone give their opinions whether it is a good idea for either?

1. Apply for an Irish visa as a tourist?

2. Get a schengan visa and land in the schengan area, then travel to Ireland without a visa? I am reading as long as you have proof of marriage then the immigration are very unlikely to turn you away.

Thanks

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:55 am

returntotheuk wrote:I am hearing there are waiting times of 5 mths for visas for Ireland? Is there a quicker way? It is obviously been done on purpose?

I see two other ways, can anyone give their opinions whether it is a good idea for either?

2. Get a schengan visa and land in the schengan area, then travel to Ireland without a visa? I am reading as long as you have proof of marriage then the immigration are very unlikely to turn you away.

Thanks
It is not taking 5 months, the long wait because of the refugee crisis and they are now like receiving 400 applications per week. I think Irish tourist visa process also like 2 months and you need to provide more supporting documents such as financial proofs and accommodation etc.., but accompany spouse (EU Citizen) visa doesn't need them.

I have also read that when travelling from Schengen country we can show the marriage certificate to enter but I didn't hear anyone successfully did this, in case you know if the Irish immigration officers refuse your entry then you will be deported so I would prefer to do the accompany spouse visa, it is risk free!
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:39 pm

kunfayakun wrote:
returntotheuk wrote:I am hearing there are waiting times of 5 mths for visas for Ireland? Is there a quicker way? It is obviously been done on purpose?

Thanks
It is not taking 5 months, the long wait because of the refugee crisis and they are now like receiving 400 applications per week. I think Irish tourist visa process also like 2 months and you need to provide more supporting documents such as financial proofs and accommodation etc.., but accompany spouse (EU Citizen) visa doesn't need them.

I have also read that when travelling from Schengen country we can show the marriage certificate to enter but I didn't hear anyone successfully did this, in case you know if the Irish immigration officers refuse your entry then you will be deported so I would prefer to do the accompany spouse visa, it is risk free!
Thanks again for the information.

I have been doing a little more research, if we apply online then my wife's docs need submitted to Hanoi and applications online from Thai also go to Hanoi as far as I know. So, maybe it would be better to apply in person in somewhere like Singapore's Irish Embassy? I doubt many Singaporeans will be applying for Irish visas :) . Malaysia also has an Irish Embassy but I would imagine that more people would be applying there.

nouman_aziz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nouman_aziz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi,
Is it easy to bring parents, brothers and sisters to UK through SS route?

How can we show dependency?

Also someone said that UK only consider spouse and children's as family members. So if that's the case then can we not get their 5 years residence permit of i.e. Ireland and then move to UK?

Regards

Brom

Post by Brom » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Hello everyone

After being refused twice by the home office we have decided to go thro ss route and now I would like to have so informAtion about filling the application where it asks

* employment (currently living in the uk and have no employment in Ireland) so what should I answer to this question
* Ireland home address (don't have one yet) also they ask for the current applicant Irish address?
*evidence of residency in the state

Coz as long as I am aware of is that according to eu law you don't have to submit any employment contract or payslips or bank statements or accomadation so guys please help as I am about to fill up my application.

Regards
1st application refused in jan 12/11/2014
2nd online application 14/04/15
2nd application submitted islamabad 22/04/15
Delayed email - 27/08/2015
Processed on update email 18/09/15
Official processed email - 28/09/15
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

sali11

Post by sali11 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:31 pm

st2447 wrote:I've created this thread.....
1. I chose to apply for an Ireland Directive 2004/38/EC Visa due to Ireland’s proximity and shared language/culture to the UK (link to visa cover letter). I applied for an accompany EU spouse visa in late December 2013 and was granted the Visa in mid-January 2014......
Hi st2447,
Thanks for putting all the details of your experience - these are indeed very helpful. I am currently filling up short stay visa c form (ACCOMPANY) for my dependent parents. I live in UK and am planning to move to Ireland to exercise my Treaty rights as soon as my parents' visa is granted. The application form asks for "Contact details for Contact / Host in Ireland." and without filling this information, it does not proceed further. I just wanted to ask what did you put in there since you also applied for ACCOMPANY visa and you were not in Ireland at the time of application.
I will be grateful for your's and other member's response to this query.
Thanks
Attachments
visaForm.JPG
visaForm.JPG (50.59 KiB) Viewed 3363 times

nouman_aziz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nouman_aziz » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:28 am

sali11

I think you just put N/A in these fields and for contact number, give you UK number.

Also I have a question for you. Do you need to provide dependancy proof for visa? Or do you provide them at the time of EU1 application?

Regards

sali11

Post by sali11 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:18 am

nouman_aziz wrote:sali11

I think you just put N/A in these fields and for contact number, give you UK number.

Also I have a question for you. Do you need to provide dependancy proof for visa? Or do you provide them at the time of EU1 application?

Regards
As far as I understand, if you are applying for short stay visa C with a view to exercise your treaty rights, you have to prove that the applicants are "Qualified or Permitted members" and if the applicant is anyone other than spouse, then, YES, you need to prove dependency. Only spouse is a "qualified member" without any conditions but for any other family member dependency makes them qualified or permitted members. Hope this helps.

Brom

Post by Brom » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:40 pm

sali11 wrote:
1. I chose to apply for an Ireland Directive 2004/38/EC Visa due to Ireland’s proximity and shared language/culture to the UK (link to visa cover letter). I applied for an accompany EU spouse visa in late December 2013 and was granted the Visa in mid-January 2014......
Hi st2447,
Thanks for putting all the details of your experience - these are indeed very helpful. I am currently filling up short stay visa c form (ACCOMPANY) for my dependent parents. I live in UK and am planning to move to Ireland to exercise my Treaty rights as soon as my parents' visa is granted. The application form asks for "Contact details for Contact / Host in Ireland." and without filling this information, it does not proceed further. I just wanted to ask what did you put in there since you also applied for ACCOMPANY visa and you were not in Ireland at the time of application.
Thanks
You can't skip this part so you need to either put a B&b add or guest house or hotel which of course you need make a reservation and in case if ur case is delayed u can either Cancell it or change the dates free of cost I hope it helps

Also i think it's on hold now I don't know y as I am planing to submit my app next week in Abu Dhabi
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

Brom

Post by Brom » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:41 pm

sali11 wrote:
Hi st2447,
Thanks
You can't skip this part so you need to either put a B&b add or guest house or hotel which of course you need make a reservation and in case if ur case is delayed u can either Cancell it or change the dates free of cost I hope it helps

Also i think it's on hold now I don't know y as I am planing to submit my app next week in Abu Dhabi
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

nouman_aziz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nouman_aziz » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:48 am

Hi guys

Do we need single or return ticket for non-eu spouse?

As non-eu will apply for residency once in state. Will immigration ask for further plans?

Regards

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:39 pm

nouman_aziz wrote:Hi guys

Do we need single or return ticket for non-eu spouse?

As non-eu will apply for residency once in state. Will immigration ask for further plans?

Regards
Return ticket is not a legal requirement for the accompany spouse visa, they don't normally ask for the plans when you accompany and if they ask you can tell them that you moved here to exercise your free movement rights.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

nouman_aziz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nouman_aziz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi,
What's the differences between ''Free movement rights'' and ''treaty rights''?

I wrote a letter on behalf of spouse stating that "I (EU National) will be exercising free movement rights on the arrival of (non eu)" however I just saw cover letter written by someone else and it said that "EU citizen with be exercising treaty rights".

Please somebody clarify this.

Regards

sali11

Post by sali11 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:29 am

Brom wrote:
Hi
Are you in Pakistan? How are you going to apply from Abu Dhabi?

taj14

Post by taj14 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:21 am

Do i need to specify if i need accompany or join visa for my spouse? If so how do i do that because the site i know of to apply is visas.inis.gov.ie and only gives you the option or short stay or long stay.

I am uk citizen and wish to join my spouse in ireland once they get their visa but havent been there yet and dont have any accomadation or anything.

My spouse has also had visa rejected from ukba.

My spouse is applying from pakistan so what documents will she need to provide for irish visa?

Anŷ help as always is greatly appreciated

DanJay
Newly Registered

Post by DanJay » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:00 am

SUB: EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story.
Thank you so much. I wish I knew about this 2yrs ago. But it is still helpful nonetheless. Congratulation to you. That is a message of hope I must say.
I have out stayed my visa (Post study work Permits) in the UK and age 43. My father is a British National and we are about to go through this route. What do you think are the chances, should I be applying as a dependant of an EEA national who is excessing his treaty right?, what form should I use?
Thank you.
DanJay.

Raesa786
Newly Registered

Post by Raesa786 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi

I would like to know any updates where anyone has called there parents.
I would like to call my mother and my unmarried sister (age 40)

I currently reside in the uk but want to go with the ireland route as i think it is alot easier to get a stay for them

They have come many times to the uk on visit visa never over stayed and always gone back within the time of there visa.
They dont have anyone to look after them and my mother is getting bery old and frial and wish to look after her here in the uk.

Could anyone guide me with what steps i can take.
I currently have a limited company in the uk and can declare myself self employed by opening an office in ireland as another user posted they did

If i went down that route what will i need.

Also when opening a business bank account and utility bills and tenancy do these need to be in just my name or also in my mother and sisters name.

What would the first visa be that i apply for? A single stay visa or a Family visit visa.
Also does anyone know the wage requirement or is there none for calling to ireland

It would be really appreciated if you could help me and guide me
And if there are any solicitors in the uk that you would recommend or advise for any information could you please help and guide me

Thanks in advance

mefaisalus
Newly Registered

Post by mefaisalus » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:20 pm

hi everyone i am British national living in uk would like to apply my parent dependency visa on eu treaty through Ireland has anybody applied for their parent dependency visa through surrinder singh route any suggestion would be appreciated