ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(IED)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

voyager_on_web
Newly Registered

FLR(IED)

Post by voyager_on_web » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:37 am

Hello
I am currently working for Company A. My WP is for 2 years and I entered on 20-Nov-05. So it is valid till 20-Nov-07. My visa is valid from 18-Nov-05 to 18-Nov-07.
Now my new employer Company B has applied for WP for me. It is under process. As my visa is going to expire, I have applied for FLR through post.

Now my Questions:
1. Can I stay in UK after 18-Nov-07. As am I a overstayer?
2. If my new WP is approved, can I start work ?
3. I guess FLR by post takes atleat 6 weeks, so is there a gap in my FLR?
4. Will this gap in FLR affect my ILR chances?

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:11 pm

1. Can I stay in UK after 18-Nov-07. As am I a overstayer?
If your WP is not approved by 18-Nov, you would be a overstayer

2. If my new WP is approved, can I start work ?
No. You have to wait till the FLR for your new WP is granted to you.

3. I guess FLR by post takes atleat 6 weeks, so is there a gap in my FLR?
They consider the FLR application date for continuity. So if your FLR application is approved, you'll be fine.

If the caseworker processes your FLR application, before your WP is approved, he/she may reject the FLR application. If it happens, you have to apply for FLR again and it will be considered as a gap.

4. Will this gap in FLR affect my ILR chances?
If your FLR application is not rejected, you'll be fine.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:31 pm

1/ Voyager, as you have applied for FLR before your previous visa expires, you won't be an overstayer. Did you include a cover note explaining that your employer has applied for WP extension and you will send the new WP in if/when you receive it?

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:54 pm

paulp,

As OP mentioned, it's not WP extension but new WP with different employer

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:39 pm

Sorry, read too fast. As long as the Home Office keeps his FLR under consideration and is willing to wait till the outcome of the new WP is known, his stay is legal and he's ok.

tinux

Post by tinux » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:00 pm

the HO will consider you to be in the same legal status as you were before the application was made. it does not matter how long you are without a reply.

abroruzb
Newly Registered

Post by abroruzb » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:50 am

"2. If my new WP is approved, can I start work ?
No. You have to wait till the FLR for your new WP is granted to you."

i think u can start workin because i waorked when i got my wp approved and after three months i went to get my flr(ied). There ewas no problem. it says u need to apply flr(ied) within 6 months after wp approval.

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:23 am

When on WP, the FLR is tied to a specified employer. If it's WP extension, you can continue working with the same employer while FLR is under consideration.

However, with a new WP with different employer, FLR must be applied within 6 months AND you cannot start working with the new employer till FLR is approved. Meanwhile if your existing FLR is not yet expired, you can continue working with your existing employer.
abroruzb wrote:i think u can start workin because i waorked when i got my wp approved and after three months i went to get my flr(ied). There ewas no problem. it says u need to apply flr(ied) within 6 months after wp approval.
It does NOT mean it is legal to work before FLR is approved.

abroruzb
Newly Registered

Post by abroruzb » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:30 pm

[quote="hsmpwpilr"]When on WP, the FLR is tied to a specified employer. If it's WP extension, you can continue working with the same employer while FLR is under consideration.

However, with a new WP with different employer, FLR must be applied within 6 months AND you cannot start working with the new employer till FLR is approved. Meanwhile if your existing FLR is not yet expired, you can

I had wp visa till 2009 January. This may i have changed an employer and got me WP approved. Laweyrs said as soon as the new WP approved you may start working for a new company which I did. In August I went to Croyden showed by Bank statemnts and Pay slips for three months with a new employer togethr with FLR(IED) form and got my new visa for another 5 years which 2012 July end. That's the story. I also read on a home office website you may do it within 6 months period.

nitaz08
Newly Registered

Post by nitaz08 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:40 pm

I have similar problem. But my WP ends in 2011 ( 5 year WP). When I get new WP with the new employer, I still have 4 years to go with the but the extend my WP to another 5 years.

Can I legally work with my current emp?