ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smir
Member of Standing
India

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by smir » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:09 pm

SVatuk

In HSMP refusal did they mentioned that you used fake documents ? Or you used deception ?

svatuk wrote:
Survivor07 wrote:Thx for your reply Omor.Will keep you posted.

@svatuk - You need professional advice but from what I believe you should be fine as long as you had valid leave when HSMP was refused because back in the days I remember people used to file for HSMP with valid leave by submitting docs first. Now if you were not granted HSMP and all other subsequent LTR were processed normally then there is no case of deception and moreover you have established private life in UK --you can argue that way in court if it comes down to it.Try to find a solicitor who deals with complex cases of ILR and discuss first all the costs involved including JR otherwise you ll be facing a huge bill plus VAT ( Govt wants it cut :mrgreen: ) like my friend .

@survivor07

Hi Survivor
Many thanks for the reply.
You are correct, I was having the valid visa when my HSMP rejected.
What would you suggest in my case whether to go ahead or wait until the 10 years deceptions charges finish. Is there any possibility even after 10 years ban can they reject the ILR?

Anyway what happened to your friend, you did mentioned at the end of your post.

Regards

svatuk

ishratsharhan
Newly Registered

Post by ishratsharhan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:54 pm

Can you help me about my 10 years long resident application please.

My immigration status are follwoing,

First Uk entry with student Visa: 12 September 2005
Student Visa Expire: 31 January 2009

Psw applied in time but refused because of something wrong with bank statements then done appeal but lost the case then done fresh application again and get PSW issued.

The period from 31 January 2009 to 25 June 2009 I was in period of 1st application send for PSW then refused then Appeal and then 2nd time re apply and got successfull PSW.

PSW Issued: 25 June 2009
Psw Expire: 25 June 2011

Then got Tier 1 General and the Tier 1 general extension which will expire 11 June 2016.

I want to go for 10 years long resident visa now as my 10 years legal residency already done.
1. Do I need to worry about my student to PSW period which I was in processing of visa-rejection- appeal- rejection- re apply??
2. With application do I need to send any covering letter?
3. Shall I go for PEO application or Postal?
4. Do I need to face any interview at PEO application?

Please help as I am not applying by any solicitor....

Please Help.........

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:14 pm

You're asking too many questions at a time which mostly relates to personal choice, Going to PEO or Postal is entirely personal decision, Only you can make this decision, as in either case you will deal with UKVI.....
Ask other questions again as you've bored me already

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:48 pm

ishratsharhan wrote:Can you help me about my 10 years long resident application please.

Psw applied in time but refused because of something wrong with bank statements then done appeal but lost the case then done fresh application again and get PSW issued.

The period from 31 January 2009 to 25 June 2009 I was in period of 1st application send for PSW then refused then Appeal and then 2nd time re apply and got successfull PSW.

Then got Tier 1 General and the Tier 1 general extension which will expire 11 June 2016.

I want to go for 10 years long resident visa now as my 10 years legal residency already done.
1. Do I need to worry about my student to PSW period which I was in processing of visa-rejection- appeal- rejection- re apply??

Please Help.........
Request your SAR documents from HO and check if there is any out of stay period of your residency in the UK.

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:40 pm

svatuk wrote:

@svatuk - You need professional advice but from what I believe you should be fine as long as you had valid leave when HSMP was refused because back in the days I remember people used to file for HSMP with valid leave by submitting docs first. Now if you were not granted HSMP and all other subsequent LTR were processed normally then there is no case of deception and moreover you have established private life in UK --you can argue that way in court if it comes down to it.Try to find a solicitor who deals with complex cases of ILR and discuss first all the costs involved including JR otherwise you ll be facing a huge bill plus VAT ( Govt wants it cut :mrgreen: ) like my friend .

@survivor07

Hi Survivor
What would you suggest in my case whether to go ahead or wait until the 10 years deceptions charges finish. Is there any possibility even after 10 years ban can they reject the ILR?

Regards

svatuk
It depends how cut and dry your deception case was . Was the evidence against you overwhelming?

Iam not an immigration advisor , you need professional advice. Find a firm which deals with large number of ILR cases so they should have some sort of precedent to advice you against.

My friend is out on bail on JR which is a long dark valley.

Xam
United Kingdom

Post by Xam » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:46 pm

K4 wrote:By the grace of all mighty I would like to share my good news after 13 months of wait I have received my approval on Friday. Thanks to all the people who helped me and other fellow members. The reason as it took soo long cuz I did toeic in 2012. My case as follow

Applied: 29 Aug 2014
Bio done: 01 Oct 2014
Interview: 02 Sep 2015
Approval received: 09 Oct 2015

Hope you all get positive reply specially the ones who are suffering cuz of toeic..
COngratulation K4. Thank you for your post :)
May I have your contact number so that I can discuss my issue a bit further.

Thank you again.
Kind Regards
Xam

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Survivor07 wrote:
svatuk wrote:

@survivor07

Hi Survivor

Regards

svatuk
It depends how cut and dry your deception case was . Was the evidence against you overwhelming?

Iam not an immigration advisor , you need professional advice. Find a firm which deals with large number of ILR cases so they should have some sort of precedent to advice you against.

Many thanks for the reply

The deception charges were against the bank statement given by my sponsor at that time, HO said they found it as not genuine and put deception charges against me. Which I never received the deception document to appeal just find out by SAR report few weeks ago. The reason I haven't received is I withdrawn my entry clearance application after waited for 4 months and returned to UK. They've processed the enquires even after the withdrawn the application and kept the deception charges on the file.

Any suggestions about the immigration firms ?

Any advise highly appreciated

Regards

svatuk

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:06 pm

@Svatuk

Keep it simple

You haven't received any letter regarding deception

So you are not guilty of deception

Don't even mention it in Set lr form

Don't dig hole for yourself

You only come to know about it when you got SAR

If it was deception you would not be able to extend your tier 1 or 4 visa

And it's just I think they were not able to verify your statement

My be just suspicious nothing else

Keep it simple

If they say you didn't declared at that time you have to defend that I was never told and after 9 years they are claiming

I don't think it should say deception but just that they were unable to verify

="svatuk"]
Survivor07 wrote:
svatuk wrote:

@survivor07

Hi Survivor

Regards

svatuk

Many thanks for the reply

The deception charges were against the bank statement given by my sponsor at that time, HO said they found it as not genuine and put deception charges against me. Which I never received the deception document to appeal just find out by SAR report few weeks ago. The reason I haven't received is I withdrawn my entry clearance application after waited for 4 months and returned to UK. They've processed the enquires even after the withdrawn the application and kept the deception charges on the file.

Any suggestions about the immigration firms ?

Any advise highly appreciated

Regards

svatuk[/quote]

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:12 pm

NO ONE HELPED ME here ( i asked what they will ask in inteview 0 replies) this forum ussed to be very helpful long ago , i got my ilr 3 weeks ago, my 10 years in uk

5 years student+2 year psw+3 years EEA2
applied on nth April 2015
received letter end of June to provide all documents for last 3 years that my wife's passport , exercising treaty rights and different bills both separate, and in joint names,and council tax etc........

i sent 3 years statements and EEA treaty hmrc letters and electoral register cards (that's all i had)
they called me for interview with my wife ,
as we were not together i emailed them that i can come for interview but my wife cant, as we separated by this time. they didn't not replied to my email but i went for interview as scheduled

interview lasted for an hour and half 6 weeks later on 3 October i received my passport and bio card.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:17 pm

tabarik77 wrote:NO ONE HELPED ME here ( i asked what they will ask in inteview 0 replies) this forum ussed to be very helpful long ago , i got my ilr 3 weeks ago, my 10 years in uk
When members/moderators/gurus don't reply, particularly when people post a query in a thread that is over 1100 pages long like this one, it is probably because we don't know the answer and don't want to give the wrong advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ishratsharhan
Newly Registered

Post by ishratsharhan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:06 pm

I haven't received proper reply from anybody who actually have got proper knowledge about my questions. Is it for some reason?

applicant77
Newly Registered

Post by applicant77 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:24 pm

ishratsharhan wrote:Can you help me about my 10 years long resident application please.

Please Help.........
Hi,
Please request your SAR, check if there is any break in your 10 years residency first.
You don't need a cover letter the case workers are trained to deal according to your application form.
If there is no break apply through PEO sameday if you can afford.
they dont take interviews at PEO they make decision on the documents you submit,
if they have any confusion then only they may ask you.

applicant77
Newly Registered

Post by applicant77 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:00 pm

applicant77 wrote:

Please Help.........
Hi,
Please request your SAR, check if there is any break in your 10 years residency first.
You don't need a cover letter the case workers are trained to deal according to your application form.
If there is no break apply through PEO sameday if you can afford.
they dont take interviews at PEO they make decision on the documents you submit,
if they have any confusion then only they may ask you.
hi i cant receive PM, please ask anything on the forum itself

oalondon
Newly Registered

Post by oalondon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi, I just apply for my 10 years. I last 5 years I had a dependent visa from my ex-wife, I need to prov than she was working in the time than we receiv divorc. (July 15) The problem is, after a send she's payslips I new than than account's office didn't register her yet, She is working in there since April 15.
My Question is:
The HO will check this?
What can I do now?

Thank for any help

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:19 pm

[quote="smir"]@Svatuk

Keep it simple

Keep it simple

If they say you didn't declared at that time you have to defend that I was never told and after 9 years they are claiming

@smir

The real worry is if I don't mention it in the application and if they find it will it be again a big mess? Because it is given in the SAR and I think while they were printing the SAR report specially priniting this refusal letter they might flagged it up on my file online and it will comes up when I apply for ILR? Don't know bro. Really very frustrating.
They had clearly mentioned 320 (7a) and (7b) in the refusal letter and futher visas will be refused for 10 years until 2018. Why the hell they had issued 4 extensions then after and we established life well here. With family kids and all. Now it is hard to go back at this age of life, start the life again from zero.

Thanks in advance

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Svatuk

Remember this record is from back home India

Where they have a separate agency who do this work

They can't prove it as you had withdrawn

If you mention the a high risk and that is no doubt

If they would have sent letter then that would had been other thing

But their records dosent show

Remember for settlement they want clear record

Either you declare it or not

Oh you think you can survive till 2018 !!

What if they change the rule and stop 10 year law ?

What if they say in 2018 you can only apply Ilr if you have never used deception !!!

Just be bold and submit set Ilr

If they say their is deception then you can defend

But if you say yes then u are gone
quote="svatuk"]
smir wrote:@Svatuk

Keep it simple

Keep it simple

@smir

The real worry is if I don't mention it in the application and if they find it will it be again a big mess? Because it is given in the SAR and I think while they were printing the SAR report specially priniting this refusal letter they might flagged it up on my file online and it will comes up when I apply for ILR? Don't know bro. Really very frustrating.
They had clearly mentioned 320 (7a) and (7b) in the refusal letter and futher visas will be refused for 10 years until 2018. Why the hell they had issued 4 extensions then after and we established life well here. With family kids and all. Now it is hard to go back at this age of life, start the life again from zero.

Thanks in advance

aemrek
Newly Registered

ILR LONG RESIDENCE APPLICATION

Post by aemrek » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi All

I will be applying for ILR (10 years long residence) in June 2016.

I have a MSc degree from a recognised UK university in London.

I was just wondering if my degree could suffice to provide English language assessment.

Do I need to show any other documents along with my MSc degree?

I would really appreciate it If someone could answer my question.

Regards,

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:50 pm

aemrek wrote:Hi All

I was just wondering if my degree could suffice to provide English language assessment.

Regards,
As of now for your english language requirement your degree should be sufficient.

MoiMichMe
Newly Registered

Post by MoiMichMe » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi all, my 10 years was on the basis of Tier 4 student (5 years) + PSW (2 years) + 7 months waiting for HO to approve FLR(M) visa (new rules) + 2.5 years on FLR(M), and I applied a bit early so my visa wasn't expired when I sent in the application (but not a full 28 days in advance of my 10th anniversary, which was mid-Sept 2015). In 2013-2014, I spent more than 250 days out of the UK, but never more than 180 days at a time (which would have made me ineligible for SET(LR)). Also, I was out of the UK for around 500 days in total over the 10-year period. I'm happy to answer any questions people may have. It's such a relief to be free of immigration control and to know there are no more hoops to jump through! Wishing all of you this happiness soon.

niceguy123
Newly Registered

Post by niceguy123 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:53 pm

I got My ILR on 20th so thought will update you guys for case study. My situation was below:

Came in UK 2004 as student.
Extended as student until 2012. completed under grad and post grad education
PSW 2012 - 2014

I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa in Jan 2014. Visa refused in Aug 2014 alleging deception. Appealed against HO decision, heard in Nov 2014 and appeal was allowed in Dec 2014 saying not in accordance of immigration rules remitted back to security offices asking to determine the application on other criteria of application to meet the requirement for issuance if visa.

I completed my 10 year in Dec 2014 so varied the application to ILR in Jan 2015 before decision was made by HO. I received acknowledgement and a further letter that application involves HR issued so service time do not apply. No Bio-metric letter received and fee not deducted from bank account.

In March 2015 I receive my Tier 1 entrepreneur visa with passport and all supporting docs of Tier 1 and ILR returned !!! I had varied the application in Jan 2015!! In the same correspondence they returned all supporting docs sent with Tier 1 and ILR application except application forms. No Explanation given :o

We wrote to HO in March 2015 asking the status of ILR application but as usual they never reply :(

Wrote to them again in April 2015, no reply

I called HO and they said there is an outstanding ILR application and our letter passed to case handler.

Called HO about 10 time explaining situation, every time person answering HO phone calls, query was raised to security office about bio-metric, fee, docs returned etc, but no reply.

In August 2015 withdrew application via online, no reply given. another progress request sent, no reply. Wrote to them about this , again no reply.

Called HO they said request received but need actioning!!!!

Basically they had made a mistake of not dealing with variation of leave and returned docs to me and now had nothing with them to consider application.

I booked premium service and application was dealt in about 1 hour 30 minutes with grant of ILR.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 pm

@MoiMich -Thx for the update . Enjoy your freedom.

@NiceGuy

First of all congratulations on hard won ILR. Now even if you won the appeal in Dec2014 which you did -HO normally takes about 3-4 months to issue any visa .Any variation during this time slot is overwhelming work for HO.
The only thing I think you could have done differently would be to have withdrawn the case a lot earlier maybe in june and gone for same day however you were acting under professional advice.

Also you withdrew in Aug and applied same day in Oct which I believe is more than 28 days however HO realised their chicken-up and did the right thing.

Enjoy your freedom.

fary007
Newly Registered

Post by fary007 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:19 am

Hi

I was on work permit due to close my employment I had no choice to apply for spouse visa to complete my 10 year but I breach the contract due to working some where for 1 year,

But now I got spouse visa and think about applying for set (LR) - is this the right form ? What should I write to tell them for breach of contract?

Please help guru.
Thanks in advance

xyz786
Newly Registered

Post by xyz786 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 am

yask wrote:Hello All,
Does anyone with toeic has been invited for 2nd interview or received a letter for 2nd interview ??
What are the questions they are asking and how long is the interview for? Please share your experiences ...
Hi
My husband seems to be in the same situation as you. He has now been called for a second interview we think regarding his B1 English test.
I could really do with some advice.

User1982
Newly Registered

Re: ILR LONG RESIDENCE APPLICATION

Post by User1982 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:55 pm

aemrek wrote:Hi All

Regards,
The degree certificate should suffice. If in doubt, email the University and ask for a letter confirming that the course was taught in english and send this along as well.

Hanaali
Newly Registered

Post by Hanaali » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 pm

Hello Obie/Other Moderators,

I was granted FLRFP alongside my family last week and my children will be eligible to register as British Citizen using Form T once they reached Age 10 with eldest due next year.

Question; Will the time spent from either 2008 when I applied for EEA Residence Card, Nov. 2009 when RCs were Granted for myself and wife or 2006 that I came to UK vis-a-vis that my first child was born in UK count towards 10 Years Long Residence ILR Route?

Possible 10 Years ILR LR scenarios, please let me know your opinion;

2016 if we go by 2006 that I entered UK and that my first daughter was born
2018 if we go by the date that HO acknowledged our EEA RC Application back in 2008 or
2019 because our RCs were Granted in Nov. 2009.

Subject to Rule Changes, please let me know the best date to apply for ILR.

Thank you.