ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is a month's break from job a hurdle for HSMP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ateer

Is a month's break from job a hurdle for HSMP?

Post by ateer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:53 am

Hi,
I am working as a contrator currently on dependant HSMP since Feb 2007 and have changed my billing companies twice till now with different billing rates decided by each of them.
1) Also, I went on a long vacation for the whole of November and as I am working as a contrator, I won't be getting any salary for Nov.

2) As I am a contrator, I get paid only for the number of days I work, so my wage slip isn't consistent.

The points calculator shows I need an earning of atleast 32k (12 months) to qualify for HSMP.
With inconsistent wage slips given by different billing companies and with one missing wage slip of Nov, is there any chance I get my HSMP done sometime this year?
To compensate for my missing wage slip, can the wage slips of 13 months be considered instead of 12 months?

Looking forward to some positive thoughts.

Thanks,
ateer

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:14 pm

It is 12 consequetive months from the last 15, if one month of the 12 months is missing, then it doesnt count.
Think annual salary.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:21 pm

That's right. So you'd have to calculate Jan to December, fo example, even if you were not working in September. You couldn't add the previous December's earnings onto your total.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!